Believing.

This Life is Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The first thing that appeared in her mind as soon as she woke up was Kim Sunggyu. How he held her shoulders and looked at her as if he was about to break. She didn't understand what he meant by meeting her before. Of course they had never met before. Why did he ask such question though?

And why was her heart aching when she answered "no"?

 

Sora got up from her bed and went into the toilet to clean herself up. She took a long look of herself in the mirror and felt like she hasn't seen herself for a very long time.

"Who are you?" She heard herself said.

She waited, as if waiting for her reflection to answer. 

"Han Sora. That's you. That's me." She said, after a while, furrowing at herself.

 

But there was something missing and she could feel it in her chest.

She tried to sleep again but the nurses kept on coming and some trainee doctors came up and checked on her, asking these and those. She regretted ever giving them permission to check on her but she realised they were just doing job.

 

During lunch hour, she was eating the same awful food again. She asked the doctor when can she leave but the doctor said something about test results and everything. She frowned and the doctor joked about how her wound will open up if she kept on being like that.

She couldn't even laugh properly.

 

"Sora." A small voice called out when she was munching on her rice. She looked up and saw Sunghee, her eyes tearing up as always and her chest went up and down.

"Thunghee." She said, with full.

"Sora!" Sunghee came over and was hugging her tightly. "Sora-ah!!! It's good to see you again! It's really is!"

"Thunghee, Thunghee!" Sora struggled in her embrace, and when she let go of her, she pointed to which was still full of food.

"Aigoo! I'm sorry!" She said, wiping her eyes. Sora chewed her food carefully and looked up to Sunghee again.

"Sunghee!" She claimed, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Sora!" She hugged her again and this time Sora hugged her back. After a few moments, she let her go and sat down on the chair. "How are you feeling?"

"I think I can eat 10 chocolate parfaits now!" Sora beamed.

"That's a relief to hear! I got so worried..." Sunghee was beginning to cry again but she quickly wiped her eyes. "The day they find you... I thought you were gone..."

Sora pursed her lips and held Sunghee's hands. "I'm okay now, am I not?"

"Un!" Sunghee nodded, smiling through her tears. "How's your wound?"

Sora touched her stomach and smiled to herself. "It's almost healed, I think. I feel some pain over time but I think it will go away soon."

"I see... I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. The final exam got me busy." Sunghee said, looking apologetic.

"Final exam?" Sora's jaw dropped. "It's final exam now?"

Sunghee blinked rapidly. "Um, it ended yesterday."

"Yesterday??" Sora cried. "Omo, Sunghee, what do I do now?"

Sunghee bit her lips and eyed her with guilt. "Well, that... I've asked the admin people and they said that... you might need to repeat a whole semester..."

Sora's heart dropped. "A whole... semester?"

"Yes." Sunghee said wincing as if she was scared Sora might hit her.

"Ottoke yo, Sunghee-ah!!!" Sora exclaimed, slamming her back against the pillow behind her. "A whole semester without you? I can't do it... Sunghee-ah!"

"Don't worry! I'll repeat it with you!" Sunghee said, with a determined look.

"What are you saying?" Sora laughed a bit. "You can't do that."

"I can't let you be alone. You'll get lonely, right?"

"But I can't just let you do that. I'll manage, somehow. But really... a whole semester."

"It's okay, this time you don't have to take Prof. Yang's subject!" Sunghee exclaimed.

Sora erupted into a giggle and Sunghee joined in before asking. "Has sunbae visited you yet?"

Upon hearing it, her heart dropped immediately. "Sunbae? No, he hasn't." She tried to smile but it was kind of hard.

"Really...? If I remember correctly, his papers ended before ours... That's right, Sora! Didn't you go out for a dinner with sunbae? How did it go? I tried to ask sunbae but he kept avoiding that question. He was asking how you were doing in the hospital. Do you know whether he come visited you while you were unconscious?"

Sora looked down on her hands and felt strange. "I don't know... No one tells me anything of sort."

"I bet he did!" Sunghee said quickly, upon looking at Sora's face. "But you know something Sora? You know who else visited you when you were sleeping?" She said, excitedly.

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi?" Sora said, somehow weakly, looking at Sunghee.

"That's right!!! How did you know that? Did you meet him after you woke up? That day when I saw him sitting by your bedside, my heart was going dugeun dugeun and I couldn't believe he was there!"

Sora went quiet before asking again. "Did he really visit me all those time?"

"I told him to visit you but I'm not sure whether how many times he did..."

"He told me he visited me everyday." Sora said, quietly.

"He told you that? Sora, you have met Sunggyu oppa?" Sunghee exclaimed.

"Dae... but there was something strange."

"Strange? What is it?"

"Sunghee-ah... Have we met Kim Sunggyu-sshi before?"

Sunghee blinked rapidly and looked at Sora strangely. "If you count watching from afar, then yes?"

"But... he sounded like... We've known each other before..."

"Eh? What does that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know." Sora said, laughing weakly.

"Maybe he likes you? But that's a really lame pickup line." Sunghee said, looking at the ceiling.

"As if." Sora laughed quietly. "Why would he like me? He doesn't even know me."

"I think he has fallen in love with your sleeping face." Sunghee said, smiling brightly. "Because you look so cute sleeping."

Sora laughed and shook her head and then she noticed someone was standing nearby.

"Sunbae-nim." She heard herself said. Sunghee turned abruptly and let out a 'omo'.

"Hi, Sora." Daniel Chae stood there; smiling awkwardly and he came over with a haste and put a basket of fruits on the counter.

Sora found herself unable to look at him properly. Sunghee however was nudging her endlessly and cocking her head. Sora looked at Sunghee and widened her eyes. Sunghee stood up abruptly and announced that she was going to get something to drink. Sora looked at her, feeling helpless but could only watch her walking away, looking behind her back and showed a thumb up sign.

Daniel Chae inched in closer and sat down. Sora sat up straight and looked at her feet.

"How are you?" He began.

"Better."

He nodded. "That's good. When will you be discharged?"

"The doctor said the test results will be out in a few days." Sora said, glancing at him for a moment.

Daniel Chae nodded again and looked down his intertwined hands. "Han Sora."

"Ye... Yes?" Sora felt her heart was beating loudly.

"What actually happened to you that night?" He asked, looking at you sharply.

"That night?" Sora blinked to herself. "I can't really remember..."

"You can't?"

She shook her head slowly and looked down on her hands. "I don't remember anything."

"Then..." Daniel Chae began again. "The night before. Do you remember about that?"

Sora looked up and met with his eyes, looking somehow somber. "Um. Yes."

"Did you manage to meet the person who was waiting for you?" He asked, looking dreamy.

"Someone who was waiting for me?" So it wasn't just a feeling...

"You left because you said there was someone waiting for you, didn't you?" He asked.

"I did. But do you know who it was?" Sora asked, and immediately regretted it when she saw how his face hardened.

"No, I don't." He said, looking elsewhere. "You should know perfectly well who it was. Why are you asking me?"

Sora bit her lips and looked down on her hands again. "I'm sorry."

"You don't remember?" He asked, looking confused.

"I don't. My memory is kind of hazy. I remember opening the door of my house after I left but that's all... I can't remember anything after that."

Daniel Chae looked at her worriedly. "Did you injure your head somewhere?"

Sora touched her head and felt it all over. "I don't think so?"

Daniel Chae let out a laugh. "What do I do with you, Han Sora. How could you leave me for someone you can't even remember?"

Sora fell silent. It was true that she really liked him but somehow she didn't feel all that jumpy about seeing him then. What was she forgetting though? She tried to recall things and found out that some of her memories were fuzzy and somehow illogical.

 

 

After both Sunghee and Daniel Chae left, Sora decided to take a stroll around the hospital. She sat in the park, spacing out and looking around other patients walking with their family members or nurses. When her mind wandered off to Kim Sunggyu, she frowned out loud, making some people glanced curiously at her.

 

She stood up and left and when she arrived at her ward, she saw someone sitting at the chair beside her bed. She didn't say hello or anything and just watched him looking at the empty bed for a very long time. A nurse suddenly appeared behind her and asked what was wrong. Sora turned to the nurse and nervously shook her head. The man turned around, got up and smiled.

"Hi." He said, almost quietly.

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi."

They both said nothing and just stood there looking down each other before he told her to sit on her bed. She reluctantly went to sit on her bed but she didn't look at Kim Sunggyu's face; because he was staring at her endlessly.

"How are you feeling today?" He asked.

"I'm doing fine. Kim Sunggyu-sshi?"

"I'm fine too."

"Are you? You look a bit pale..." Sora said, looking at his face.

"Do I?" He asked, smiling to himself. "I'm feeling fine though."

"That's good..." She said, looking sideways.

"How long will you be here?"

"Not that long I think. I think I'm all okay now but the doctor said no." She pouted to herself.

Kim Sunggyu laughed a bit. "That was what I asked my doctor too. He said no too."

"Don't tell me it's Doctor Park?" Sora asked, somehow excited.

"Ohh! That's right!" Kim Sunggyu said, nodding excitedly and they were both giggling for a moment before stopping. Then they went into an awkward silent again, looking at each other in the eyes before Sora cleared .

"Do you want something to drink?" Sora asked suddenly.

"Ahh. It's okay."

"I want to get something to do drink. Wait here oh?"

Sunggyu rose from his chair quickly. "I'll go buy it."

Sora who was a bit taken aback from his sudden standing up just watched him walking away and she threw a little tantrum on her bed when the nurse came over and asked what was wrong again.

"Nothing. There's nothing wrong." Sora said, embarrassed and smiling awkwardly.

"Don't worry, you'll be out of the hospital soon and you can do those things again." She smiled playfully.

"Those things?" Sora asked, looking at her bleakly.

"Aigoo! I'm sure he missed you so much all this while."

"Eh?" Sora cocked her head sideways. "What are you talking about?"

"If you close the curtain and do it quickly with that boyfriend of yours, then it won't be much of a problem though!" The nurse said again and Sora got so horrified she made a face to the nurse.

"He's not my boyfriend and we don't do those kinds of things!" She said, somehow shrieking.

"He's not?" The nurse asked, looking a bit dumbstruck.

"He's Kim Sunggyu from Infinite. Don't you know him?"

"In... pinite? What is that?"

"Aish!" Sora shook her head in disbelief. "They an idol group."

"Idol? Ahh... Idol. Sorry I don't really know about those kinds of things. So he's not your boyfriend?"

"No he isn't."

"Then is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter