Do you believe in magic?

This Life is Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When you woke up it was early in the morning. You looked at the alien ceiling. Then you noticed Kim Sunggyu was sitting there.

“Kim Sunggyu-sshi.”

“Hey.”

You both exchanged silent gaze.

“You’re feeling better?”

“Umm.”

After a moment of silent, he spoke again. “In the end, I couldn’t do anything again…”

“That’s not true.” You shook your head. “You called Sunghee and Sunbae-nim over right?”

You said, trying to assure him.

He just smiled weakly. “Only that…”

“It was everything. If you weren’t there, what could have happen to me?”

He looked up to you with sad eyes; His face full of guilt and frustration.

“It’s because you were there that I’m okay. That time too, after we met Woohyun-sshi, if you didn’t take my hand…” You paused and reflected upon the events, clutching your hands together.

 

Ah... So it's like that?

 

Time was indeed running out...

 

Kim Sunggyu-sshi, soon... you will be able to return to your body.

 

You should be happy...

 

I should be happy...

 

Then why?

 

Why is my heart hurting me so much?

 

"Han Thora?" He looked worriedly at you.

 

“Thank you for always being there, Kim Sunggyu-sshi.”

He looked at you longingly. “No, thank you.”

You smiled to yourself. “Kim Sunggyu-sshi?”

“Yes?”

“Do you believe in magic?”

He looked at you, as if carefully composing his answer. “I didn’t actually believe it before. Not before I met you like this.” He smiled.

You glanced sideways and smiled to yourself. “If by chance, Kim Sunggyu-sshi, that you are able to give up your life for someone you loves, will you do it?”

His smile faded a little. “Of course.” He paused. “But I prefer staying with her forever though.”

“That’s a little greedy.” You laughed a little.

“Is that so?” He laughed too.

You both went silent.

“When we get home, can you cook for me again?” You asked.

He smiled. “I’m good at cooking half-burned omelette you know.” 

 

 

Daniel Chae and Sunghee came the next day to help you with your discharge procedure.

When you got down from the bed, you almost fell, since your head was still dizzy. He quickly grabbed your arm and put you on the bed again.

“Can you walk?”

“I’m just feeling a bit dizzy.” I’m okay.” You added; when he furrowed his eyebrow.

 

He looked at you with uncertainty. Sunghee was looking worried too.

“Sunghee can you carry her stuff? I’ll carry her to the car.”

“Eh? Sunbae-nim, it’s okay. I can walk by myself.”

Daniel Chae smiled. “Once in a while, it’s nice to move around without actually walking right?”

 

He was determined to carry you, so you got in his back. You felt embarrassed but you couldn’t help it, not with your head throbbing like crazy.

 

He carried you out of the ward, then down to the lobby. When you reached the counter, he didn’t even put you down to watch Sunghee signed the procedure.

“Sunbae-nim put me down.” You looked around.

“You’re a patient. I can’t just do that.” He chuckled.

 

You eyed your surrounding and suddenly caught Nam Woohyun was walking by.  He was looking at your direction; curiosity plastered all over his face. You gulped, and quickly buried y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter