"I want to show them to you first."

This Life is Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Isn’t weird that I can’t touch people but I can touch things?” Kim Sunggyu said.

 

You looked up from your notebook, you just wrote another thing unconsciously. You slammed the book closed. What was happening?

 

“Han Thora?”

“Huh what did you say?” You said absent-mindedly.

“Well, I can touch anything that I want to. You know, I can even drive a car I presumed! But I can’t touch anyone else. Well, except for you.” He was lying on his stomach.

“Hm…” You turned to him. “Maybe… It’s because things and animals all believe that you are real even in this state. That is why they can see you and you could touch them.”

Kim Sunggyu studied your face carefully. “Then only you believe that I am real.”

 

You looked into Kim Sunggyu’s eyes unblinking. He was looking back intently. None of you were even smiling which made the situation even weirder.

“Ah! I need to go to the mart now. We ran out of milk.” You hurriedly diverted your gaze and sprinted out of the room to the bathroom, where you were panting because your heart was driving you mad. “Calm down, Han Sora. Breathe.”

 

When you were ready, you went out of the bathroom and put on your jacket. Kim Sunggyu was already waiting on the couch. He stood up when he saw you.

“Let’s go.”

 

You walked in silent the whole way to the mart. Kim Sunggyu was silent too.

“Um, let’s go to the mart near the WW. I want to check out the used bookstore.” You said, turning suddenly to him.

He looked at you unblinking. “Oh, sure.”

You took the train and you were glad there weren’t that many people around. You made your way to the bookstore and gladly ventured the store. Kim Sunggyu was in awed.

“I never know there was such store near our old dorm.”

You looked around and asked him when you saw that there wasn’t anyone around. “Old dorm?”

“Yeah, don’t you know? It’s in this area.”

“Really?” You blinked. You didn’t know that. Though you were an Inspirit, you didn’t really care where they lived. You weren’t interested in such thing.

“Yeah. It’s just around the corner.  You want me to show you?”

“Oh! Sure!” You paused. “But I need to find this book first. Can you wait for a while… I mean quite a while.” You warned him. He just grinned.

 

You were frantically looking a book when you finally found it hidden in the wrong section. You beamed to yourself and wanted to look for Kim Sunggyu. He wasn’t in sight. You went through the shop and looked for him everywhere. You passed by stacked boxes and ignored them. However you heard some rustle behind the boxes. You turned back and looked behind the boxes. Kim Sunggyu was sleeping behind them. You sat down on your heels and watched his sleeping face.

“Poor Kim Sunggyu-sshi.” You looked at him sadly. He stirred and slowly opened his eyes. You stood up.

“Ah Han Thora.” He muttered and got up slowly. “You’ve found the book?”

You looked up to him guiltily. “I did.”

“That’s great.” He yawned.

“Sorry to keep you waiting for so long.” You apologized.

He grinned. “Not many people can make me wait this long.”

You pursed your lips again. He suddenly patted your head. “And I don’t mind if it’s Han Thora.” He walked out of the store. You quickly paid for the book and went after him. It was already dark outside. You stared down yourself in embarrassment and guilt.

“Shall we go?” He called you.

“Oh? Oh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter