What's Worse than Neighbors? Roommates.

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my god, it’s freezing in here!” I complained, curling inside my warm blanket on the couch. November was ending soon and the weather was lowering rapidly.

“I know I know, let me just turn on the heat.” My dad said who was shivering as well. I felt a comforting gust of warm air and wiggled in my blanket in happiness.

“You know the Wus’ plumbing suddenly stopped working this morning? Poor them.” Mom said worriedly.

“Oh wow, did they call the plumber?” Dad responded.

“No, Mr. Wu’s really determined on fixing it himself. Either that or he’s just going to wait until it fixes on its own.” Mom said.

“So what are they going to do if they need to shower or something?”

“Helllooooo neighbors!” Mr. Wu’s voice boomed when he and the rest of his family burst through our door.

“Oh hello! How are you guys?” Mom said, welcoming our guests. I noticed that each of them had a luggage.

“Hi, I know I've told you about our water situation, and I was wondering if it’d be okay if we could stay here until we figure out a way to get it back.” Mrs. Wu asked kindly.

Wait...this means...

I turned my attention to Kris, who was looking at me with an amused eyebrow raised.

NOOOOOOOOOOO NO NO NO OH MY GOD THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING.

“Of course! We’d be more than happy to share our house. Come in, come in. You can sleep here for as long as you’d like!” My mom gestured them inside.

“This is going to be so much fun! We can enjoy the end of autumn together!” My dad happily paraded through the living room.

“And I’m sure this would be a great way for the kids to bond as well!” Mr. Wu smiled brightly at us.

“Oh don’t worry dad, it’ll be a blast.” Kris smirked.

“Hmmm... So there’s a guest room upstairs, but it’s extremely crowded and messy and full of junk. Are you okay with sleeping in there?” Dad asked Kris’s parents.

“Of course!” Mrs. Wu piped.

“But there won’t be any room for Kris to sleep with you guys... Jihae! You can share your room with Kris, can’t you?” Mom suggested. I nearly started choking on my spit.

“Uhhh I really don’t think that would be the best choice. Right daddy?” I elbowed my dad.

“It’s okay. They’ve slept together before!” My dad shrugged.

“Yeah when we were kids!” I whined.

“Well I trust you two. It’ll be fine.” Dad said.

“But...But... Can’t Kris just sleep on the couch?” I plead.

“Aw, Jihae doesn’t want to bond.” Kris pouted.

Well damn right I don’t want to bond! In what world would I want to share a room with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter