Spying and Almost-Dates

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat on my bed with a notepad, trying to think of ways to plot our victory. Tao’s aegyo is already a solid moneymaker, but it wouldn’t hurt to think of some other things. But if you’d look down at my paper now, all you would see is senseless ideas scribbled out hastily all over. Examples include...

Wear full-body casts and pretend to raise money for hospital bills

Tell people the chocolate will help them loose weight

Dress Luhan up in a bunny suit and hope for the best

Okay that last one was a bit ridiculous. I drew little squiggly lines around the paper and started doodling. I drew a little heart around Luhan’s name and stared at it until my lips curled into a smile. I drew another heart in the corner with our initials and started giggling.

“Are you okay?!” I heard a muffled voice shout, making me jump from my dreamland. I turned around and saw Kris in his room staring at me as if I had another head growing. I signaled him an ‘ok’ sign and turned back to my doodling. I noticed the room got darker and turned back again to see that Kris turned off his lights.

“Are you going to sleep?” I yelled. He didn’t answer and I was taking it as a yes. Time to commence operation sneak attack.

I waited a good ten minutes before I opened my window and crouched over it. I looked down and tried to hold the hoarse cry that escaped my lips. I forgot how scary this was...

I shut my eyes tight and jumped over until my hand latched onto the ledge. I exhaled in relief and reached into my pocket, searching for a bobby pin. My sweaty left palm started slowly inching off the ledge, causing me to widen my eyes and search more frantically. I found the pin and used my teeth to open it. I struggled as I wiggle the pin inside the key hole and feel my pinky finger slide off the grasp.

I heard a familiar click and used all my strength to pull myself over the window, trying to shift my weight over until I realized I was a few inches from falling into Kris. I flailed my arms frantically and tried to lean back out of the window but ended up crashing onto the bed.

I froze for a minute in complete shock. After I was sure he was still asleep I scrambled off the bed and wandered around his room. In the corner of his room were a few boxes of chocolate, piled on top of each other in sloppy piles. I dug around in it and found a clipboard, complete with the list of names and chocolates.

I flipped through the pages with a disgusted face. He had endless sheets of papers with tons of names who bought tons of chocolates. I flipped back to the first page and searched for the total.

“78 boxes?!” I whispered loudly.

“Mrmfmmffmmrr” I heard Kris mutter. I stared at Kris as he turned in his bed. When the coast was clear, I slowly climbed onto his bed, trying not to make a sound. When I was about fully on his bed, I sat there and contemplated how I could get over the big lump of Kris. I ever so slowly crawled over him, almost making it to the window when I felt a hand latch onto my wrist. I didn’t even have time to react before I was yanked down onto the bed, feeling a warm pair of arms wrapping around me from behind and some flimsy legs tangling into mine.

EEEEEEEEWWWWWW EW EW EW OH MY GOD CAN I GET A DISEASE FROM THIS!??!

I opened my mouth, prepared to scream my lungs out but remembered about where I was and what I had to do. I checked to see if he was still asleep and slowly slid one arm out of his cradle, trying not to flinch at the tickling skinship. I struggled out of his embrace and tried wiggling myself out when his head dropped down against my shoulder, blowing hot breaths against the lining of my neck.

“STOP!” I screamed instinctively, smacking him in the face with my free arm. I gasped and covered my mouth when I realized what I just did. Kris furrowed his eyebrows, unraveling his arms from around me. I turned around to find his still-dormant face only a centimeter away from mine. My eyes widened and I froze, fully convinced that the slightest movement would wake him up.

Oh my god, when is he going to move?! I swear we stay like this any longer my heart’s gonna burst out of my chest.

And just as if his hibernating self could read my mind, Kris’s face started moving forward, causing me to re-widen my eyes.

I leaned back as far as I could but Kris kept inching forward, his eyes still shut asleep. When I couldn’t go any further I just scrunched my eyes shut and counted my prayers.

I waited a few seconds and felt something fall on m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter