The Win-Win Agreement

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

J i h a e

“Can I talk to you for a second?” I heard Nayoung say. I looked up from my desk to see her turning around from her seat to face Kris.

“Okay, what do you want to talk about?” Kris replied.

Nayoung glanced at me and I quickly looked back down at my desk. “Can we... Go somewhere else?”

“Either we talk here or we don’t talk at all.” Kris said.

“Fine.” Nayoung said. There was a brief pause and then I heard, “Kris, will you go to the dance with me?”

My eyes widened. I totally forgot about the dance this Friday! I haven’t even decided if I wanted to go or not.

I suddenly felt a weird feeling like someone was staring at me and I looked up at Kris.

“W-what?” I blushed after feeling the weight of his gaze on me. I looked at Nayoung nervously and saw her shooting daggers at me through her eyes. I quickly dropped my gaze back down to my desk. Just pretend it never happened...

“No thanks. I don’t really dance.” Kris answered.

“Oh come on. I could teach you if you’d like.” Nayoung offered.

“Don’t go through the trouble. I think I’m busy that day anyways.” Kris said.

“Okay.” Nayoung sighed, sounding discouraged. Kris wasn’t completely lying; he really was a terrible dancer. No doubt about it. As for the busy part... Well, that was probably a lie.

The bell indicating last period’s end rung and I was extremely delighted to get out of the school. I stuffed all the papers into my bag quickly and looked up to see Luhan and Nayoung still in the room talking. Nayoung flipped her hair and giggled cutely, and I started realizing that this was not just a normal conversation.

Anger built up inside me quickly as Luhan cheerfully waved goodbye to her. He left the room and Nayoung started walking to her desk when I stopped her.

“What the hell was that?” I spat at her.

“What was what?” She blinked innocently.

“Don’t play dumb. You were flirting with Luhan! I saw it.” I confronted.

“Well if you can flirt with Kris, I can flirt with Luhan, right?” She asked me.

“What? Since when have I been flirting with Kris?!” I spat.

“Oh please. The way you were staring at him just a few minutes ago? You so like him.”

“I don’t! I like Luhan and only Luhan.”

“Oh yeah? Prove it. Let’s have a bet.”

“Fine. What do you got?” I asked her.

“So it’s Monday right? Until the beginning of Friday, I can’t talk to Luhan and you can’t talk to Kris.” Nayoung challenged.

“And how does this prove anything?” I asked.

“That you really only do like Luhan. If you crack and say a single word to Kris before t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter