Twenty.

The Pretty Barista

 

"So is he your boyfriend yet?" Was the first thing Sehun said to the both of us when we reached the table. Taemin and I froze.

I saw Luhan grinning slyly across the table.

I recovered from the shock, because I knew Sehun was teasing me (like he always did) but this joke was spot on. "What the hell are you talking about?" Was all I could snappily say. It wasn't even all that threatening to be honest.

Taemin shakes his head, "Sorry we got delayed guys." He apologized, mostly to Sehun, immediately changing the topic. But my friends were cool about us being a bit late. "But I have something for you." He quickly turns his attention to Sehun and holds out the cup to him.

Sehun's eyes light up. "Bubble tea?"

"It's Oreo milk tea, it's our cafe's new flavor. I hope you like it." Taemin tells him with a genuine smile.

I took advantage of this moment to take my seat.

"Aw, thanks Taemin!" Sehun says taking the extra large cup from the pretty Dream Tea barista's hands. "Did you get what you needed?" Sehun asks punching in a straw and immediately taking a sip.

Taemin nods, "Yup! I definitely did."

Sehun swallows his drink, "Oh… So, Jongin is your boyfriend now." He says casually.

I choked on the food that I went back to eating but Taemin just laughs lightly.

"I told you that's why they took so long!" Luhan suddenly announces to the whole the table.

"I thought you guys were kidding about that!" Baekhyun exclaims.

"But it's totally obvious." Chanyeol shakes his head.

I stare at my friends in shock.

Suho hyung nods, "You see how Jongin behaves better when Taemin is around…"

"Yeah, like he's trying to impress someone." Luhan snickers.

Kyungsoo's eyes are the widest I've ever seen them. "Wow, and I thought it was just me who noticed."

Baekhyun gasped at this at exclaimed, "WHAT!? You knew too?"

I continued to stare at my friends in shock and by this point, Kyungsoo and I could have a staring contest. Taemin took this opportunity to wipe my mouth (stained by the food I had choked on).

He places the napkin down. "He's not my boyfriend…" Taemin speaks up. "But we are gonna start dating." He announces.

…so much for no one will know.

"FINALLY!" Sehun cheers. My best friend literally stood up from his seat. You could not imagine my shock at his reaction.

Luhan actually stands up to high five my best friend. And he does. Sehun slaps hands with him.

Sehun slapped hands with Luhan. Across. The. Table.

I covered my face in embarrassment. My cheeks were so red and so hot. At the same time, I wanted to hide my smile at how accepting my friends were about this whole thing. To be honest, I was beyond thankful at how supportive Sehun was of this. And my friends didn't seem at all fazed. They didn't ostracize me or anything. I mean sure they're going to tease me now, but at least they didn't shun me or Taemin. I knew I had nothing to be scared or ashamed of now cause all of my friends have shown nothing but kindness and support to me.

From my buried face, Taemin rubbing my back trying to comfort me, I could hear them going 'I told you so' or whistling and then the teasing started and there was Baekhyun getting mad at Chanyeol because he didn't notice the way I was with Taemin during that time we ate street food and Chanyeol did. Sehun and Luhan were yapping and yapping about how they've always known, etcetera...

Then I hear Lay speak up. "Wait." He says and I peak from my hands, "Jongin is gay?"

It was an innocent question but the table turns quiet and that's when I finally look up at all the faces of my friends. It went silent for a second before everyone (except me, Taemin and Lay) burst out laughing.

"Yixing! Where were you in the conversation for the last 5 minutes?!"

"5 minutes is his minimum space out time." Luhan nods. And everyone started laughing again.

"But to answer Yixing's question…" Taemin starts, and it was his turn to silence my friends, "No. Not exactly. Jongin likes girls. But he really likes me."

I was awestruck that he quoted me.

And the fact that my first kiss with Taemin (the kiss that surprisingly I initiated) was in front of all my best friends made the night even more memorable. Definitely one of the best nights of my life.

 

 

 

 

(the end, but not really, cause I need to give TaeKai a proper kiss scene)

- - -

 

 

"Did I tell you that you looked extra pretty tonight?"

Taemin punches my arm.

"I'm being serious, though." I laugh lightly rubbing the spot he so brutally (not really) attacked.

"No, you didn't." He answers me shyly.

"Well, you look extra pretty tonight." I tell him genuinely.

"Thanks."

"Even without the extensions."

Taemin deadpans, "You like those things?"

"Hey, it's what got me to notice you in the first place… but I think you're pretty…" I paused and added, "and handsome, with or without all that."

"Shut up, you cheesy bastard." But he was smiling. That was the last thing Taemin said before he pressed his lips on mine. I kissed back while trying to fight the smile forming in my mouth, but I could feel Taemin's smile getting wider too. Wrapping my arms around his neck I pulled him closer. He found a way to get his hands on either side of my cheeks. He steadily held my face as he pressed multiple repeated kisses on my lips. And then abruptly pulls away. "You're one to talk about good looks, Jongin. You're the most gorgeous person I've ever seen." He says breathlessly.

Well.

What was supposed to be a goodnight kiss turned into a goodnight make-out session.

 

fin.


 

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT! :D The Pretty Barista is completed!
What a long arduous struggle against laziness to finish this story, but I`m hella proud cause in all my years of ever writing fanfiction, this is the first chaptered story I've ever finished.

A million and one thank you's to all my readers, subscribers and commenters old and new because you totally keep my spirits up with your kind words, praises and encouragement.

Sorry if my ending is sort of crack >< I didn't know how to end it and I knew people would flip tables if they didn't kiss. lol. so yeah...

once again, thank you so much everyone who read Pretty Barista! :) hopefully this wont be the last you see of me writing TaeKai, because this world really needs more of it. ♥

[edit]
I wrote a sequel to Pretty Barista called Cars, Cafe's, and College which you will be directed to once you click this link!