Ten.

The Pretty Barista

 

"Where did he say he was going to meet us again?" Sehun asks as he grabs a manga from my bookshelf. "Here or at Myeongdong?"

I began rummaging through my closet for something comfortable to wear. Where the hell did all of my cotton shirts go?

"Here." I say, back turned to Sehun, tossing a long-sleeved cotton shirt on the bed. Correction, where were all of my short sleeved cotton shirts?

"Oh, so he's going to see your house."

I quickly turn around to face Sehun. I shoot him a glare. "Can you get your off my bed and help me look for my shirt?" I ask of him.

He chuckles, and sets the manga aside on my desk.

"Which shirt are you looking for?"

"That dark blue one… the one that you like borrowing." I tell him.

He stopped walking towards me. "I think that shirt is still at my house."

"What?"

"Yeah. I borrowed it after dance the other day, remember?" He told me.

I face-palmed. "Oh yeah."

Sehun starts approaching my closet and checking my drawers, rummaging for potential shirts I could wear.

I scratch the back of my head. "What am I going to wear now? It's so freaking hot."

"It is not." Sehun protests. "It's windy."

"It was hot yesterday."

"That was yesterday!" He argues. "Hey this is a nice shirt." He holds one up. "You should wear it." He nods. I stare at the shirt. My dad bought it for me a few weeks ago. "Can I borrow it?" I hear Sehun ask.

I shake my head and chuckle, "Next time." I held up my hand and he tossed it to me. Pulling my current shirt off, I put the new one over my head.

"How come I've never seen you wear that shirt?" Sehun asks.

"Cause my dad just gave it to me a few weeks ago." I tell him.

"Tell him I want one for my birthday."

"Your birthday is done."

"Christmas, then."

"It'll be out of style by then."

Sehun glared at me and then flipped me off. I laughed.

 

Sehun and I were hanging out in the living room watching t.v. when I hear the doorbell. When I checked my phone a few minutes ago Taemin had texted that he was already in the neighborhood. I look towards Sehun's direction.

"Go answer the door and tell Taemin he's in the wrong house." I laugh.

Sehun starts laughing and he nods then stands up. I follow him, but only to a place where I could see the door but not be seen. I observed.

Sehun opened the door.

"Hey! Oh…?" Taemin raised a confused eyebrow. I snicker.

"Hi…?" Sehun feigned an unsure tone.

I wish I could see the look on Sehun's poker face. I covered my mouth with my hand to prevent myself from laughing.

"Is… is this? Is Kai here?" Taemin asks.

Sehun shakes his head. "No. This is my house. I think you got the wrong one."

"I did?"

"Yeah, Kai's my neighbor." I see Sehun pointing to his house, which was the one right beside ours.

"Ah, I see." Taemin says politely. "Sorry for the mix-up."

I laugh quietly by myself and then Sehun bursts out laughing.

"No, no! We were just kidding. Kai lives here." Sehun quickly tells Taemin before he could leave.

I took that as my cue to make an appearance. I walk up towards the door.

"Hey," I greet Taemin, laughing when I come up beside my best friend and I sling an arm around his shoulder.

Taemin glares at me playfully. "You really are such a loser, Kai!"

Sehun and I laugh.

"You two are evil together." He comments.

We both shrug. "We've been told." I nod.

Taemin shakes his head and chuckles.

"Well, come in!" Sehun says brightly, inviting Taemin in like it was his house.

We step aside to let Taemin in. "What were you guys doing?" He asks as he comes inside the house. Sehun was already on his way back to our living room.

"Watching t.v., waiting for you…" I tell Taemin.

"Am I late?"

I shut the door and shake my head, "Nah, we're meeting up at the bus stop at 3:30."

"So I'm early?" He says.

"If you were in Myeongdong, yeah. But you're not, so no you aren't early." I .

Taemin rolls his eyes.

"Do you want something to drink?" I offered.

Taemin laughs.

"What?" I raise an eyebrow.

He stares at me until I understood why he was laughing and I started to laugh too.

"In my defense, you don't even ask me what I want to drink anymore when I go to the cafe."

"Because you always get the same thing."

I roll my eyes, "Whatever. I'll get iced tea for us." I tell Taemin, "Sehun's in the living room." I point to him the direction and Taemin makes his way to accompany Sehun while I go to our kitchen to make some iced tea.

 

The 3 of us were laughing when we were walking towards to bus stop. Sehun had already been warming up to Taemin. Our last few visits to Dream Tea, they were already more friendly towards each other. I was even greeting Key when we came back for our usual visits. But today, Sehun told me right before we left my house that he found Taemin really funny and interesting. And he was happy that I had invited him along today.

"And then, there was this one girl, who went up to Minho hyung, who kept batting her eyelashes trying her aegyo on him, then suddenly one of them fell off!" Taemin was telling us and Sehun and I were laughing once again.

"She was wearing false eyelashes?" Sehun asked after calming down.

Taemin nods, "Yeah!"

"Everyone is wearing fake eyelashes these days, though." I point out. The two nod, agreeing.

"HEY!" Sehun suddenly exclaims.

"What?" Taemin and I looked at him.

"You should've worn a striped shirt, too, Jongin." He tells me. I eye Sehun's outfit and then Taemin's. They were both wearing stripes.

Taemin chuckles, "Yeah, you should've changed into a striped shirt!" He says.

"Then we're going to look like we're going to perform a dance routine? Uh. Pass." I tell them, shaking my head.

Sehun and Taemin start laughing.

The three of us joked around with each other until we reached the bus stop. Lay was already there waiting with Suho hyung.

"Hey!" Sehun and I greet our friends enthusiastically high-fiving each other.

"Taemin's here too." I tell them.

"Hi!" Taemin waves at them, flashing a sweet smile.

They greet him just as politely.

"Wait, Suho hyung hasn't met Taemin before, right?" Sehun wonders.

Taemin and Suho both shake their heads. It is the first time they were meeting each other. I completely forgot. Aside from Lay, Luhan and Baekhyun, Taemin hasn't met our other friends yet. So, I introduce them. They conversed a bit, Suho asking Taemin how we all met and things like that.

A couple of minutes passed, and no one else was arriving, I asked, "So who else are we waiting for?"

"Just Luhan." Lay says. "Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol are already in Myeongdong."

"What?" I couldn't help but laugh.

Suho hyung nods, "Yeah, apparently they went ahead."

I check my watch, it was already 3:26. The bus would be arriving soon. Luhan better get his here.

"Why'd they go ahead?" Sehun asks. Lay and Suho hyung shrug.

Luhan arrives at the bus stop just before the bus gets there.

"Sorry, got delayed." He apologizes as we enter the bus. He spots Taemin. "Oh hey Taemin, you're here already."

Taemin smiles and nods. "Mhm. I met up with Kai and Sehun in Kai's house." He told Luhan.

"Cool." Luhan takes a seat beside Lay.

I was going to sit beside Sehun, but then I realized it would be awkward for Taemin to sit alone or beside Suho hyung.

I go to the seat behind Sehun and call over Suho hyung, "Suho hyung! Sit beside Sehunnie!" I tell him. He happily occupies the seat beside my best friend.

"Taemin." I call him and point to the unoccupied space beside me. He smiles and sits down beside me.

During the bus ride, I could see Taemin glancing to the seat across us, which was where Lay and Luhan were sitting.

He turns to look at me, "Are they speaking…" He trails off.

"They're speaking in Chinese." I nod, confirming his suspicions.

"They can speak Chinese?"

"Lay and Luhan are Chinese." I chuckle. "When they're together, they converse in Mandarin and none of us can understand them…" I tell him.

"That's so cool." Taemin says. "How long have they been living in Korea?"

"Luhan's been here since he was 6, and Lay moved here when he was 10."

"Have you gone to China?" Taemin asks me.

"Once." I say, "To Beijing one summer. Cause Luhan offered us free lodging." I laugh. "What about you?"

Taemin shakes his head, "I've been to Japan, though."

And then the rest of the bus ride to Myeongdong, Taemin and I just talked about all the places we wanted to travel to, the countries we wanted to see and things we wanted to try there. We found out that we both shared a fascination for traveling.

"Who knows, maybe a trip to Myeongdong with your friends could suddenly turn into a trip around Asia, or Europe…?" Taemin suggests playfully.

"We actually want to go to Hong Kong after graduation." I tell Taemin.

"Aww that's sounds so cool."

I nod. I've always wanted to go to a trip out of the country with my friends.

Next thing I knew, we were already at the bus stop at Myeongdong.

I look at Taemin, "Did you eat this morning?"

"I had a light breakfast, why?"

I shake my head. "You better get ready for a food coma." I warn him as we step out of the bus.

 


I like this chapter. Heehee. :D

I'm going to apologize in advance because I can't seem to be satisfied with the next chapter I'm writing, so I'm kind getting frustrated and I'm totally being turned off & discouraged by my own writing. /sigh.
But I will work harder. Lol. I'm going to finish this story!!! :D
To my new subscribers, thank you. To everyone who comments, thank you. and to my readers old and new, thank you for enjoying my first TaeKai fic! ^_____^

OHYEAH! lol if anyone was curious Kai's outfit:

heehee. :D i love this photo of him, and I do really like that shirt. ;u;