.10

Time, please stop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Myungsoo drops her off at her university, the first place she goes to is the washroom. Her face is still flushing red as the moment when Myungsoo kisses her forehead before she got off from the car replays in her head. She is smiling like a silly kid as she walks to the washroom but she stops at the announcement board when she sees an interesting flyer there.

 

A trip to Jeju Island?

 

She has never been outside of Seoul in her entire life and she doesn’t really care about that. She would rather just spend her day at home, reading books or trying out new recipes that she made by herself. But since this is going to be her last semester, it would be fun to spend some fun times at Jeju Island. And she could ask Myungsoo to go with her too. That thought alone makes her smile like a kid who has just received her candies.

 

 

“Well, well, well. Look at what we got here. It’s none other than the ty .”

 

She looks up and almost rolls her eyes when her view greeted by the sight that she doesn’t want to deal with. At least, not in this beautiful morning.

 

When she tries to sneak away from the three persons in front of her, one of them blocks her passage and she has to stop because she has nowhere else to go.

Her body trembles when this one particular guy from the group reaches out for her waist and she slaps his hands away. He sneers.

 

“Chill out sweetie. Geez, you are such a ty .”

 

“What do you want, Ara? And stop calling me that!”

 

 

She doesn’t get why Ara kept calling her like that. Is it a crime that she is still a ? She frowns at the thought.

 

The girl named Ara laughs. “What? Isn’t that what you are? We know that you are married, but you haven’t gotten laid, have you?”

 

When Sooyun doesn’t reply to her, Ara laughs, almost too loud and attracts a few passerby that walk pass them.

 

“I knew it. Tsk tsk. Is your husband that weak or you’re waiting for Hoya to pop your cherry?”

 

Sooyun eyebrows furrows when Hoya’s name is mentioned.

 

“What is this nonsense you’re talking about?”

 

“Oh please, don’t act like a saint. We all know that you’ve wanted Hoya to yourself. But such a pity that he actually chose me over you.”

 

“But I heard that he already broke up with you”, Sooyun bluntly replies.

 

 

The guy called Chanyeol laughs and when Ara glares at him, he stops as he put his hands in the air. When Chanyeol’s eyes darts towards her and a dirty smile appears on his lips, Sooyun looks away in disgust.

 

“Whatever . At least, I’ve already got a taste of him on the bed, unlike you.”

 

 

 

“What are you guys doing here?”

 

Before Sooyun get to reply, a voice interrupts them and it was Hoya.

 

“Oh, nothing. Just asking how her married life been going so far. Right, Sooyun?”

 

 

Sooyun wriggles her shoulder to escape from Ara’s arms that drape over her. Ara clears and fixes her tight blouse and skirt and she shamelessly goes over Hoya’s side. Hoya looks at Sooyun briefly before he walks away with Ara trying to cling over him. Sooyun wants to call out for Hoya but frowns instead when Hoya seems to avoid her.

 

She flinches a little when she realizes how close she is standing by Chanyeol’s side and backs away a few steps.

No one but her knows the little secret accident that happened between them and Chanyeol threatens her not to tell anyone or else, she will regret it. Thus the reason why she is feeling paranoid to be near that guy. It was nothing serious, but absurd enough for her.

 

She quickly snatches the flyer at the board and walks off.

 

 

Sooyun hold on to her books as she makes her way to the class. Like always, she walks alone like she always does for the whole semester. Sometimes, Hoya will accompany her but he has been avoiding her since early morning. She doesn’t know what happened. Is it because last night? But why?

 

 

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

 

Myungsoo is at the office when his cell phone rings. A smile appears on his lips when he looks at the caller id.

 

“Oh, Haeyong ah.”

 

“Oppa.” Her cheerful voice makes Myungsoo’s heart feels at ease. “Oppa, what time are you coming back?”

 

“Hmm, let’s see.” He briefly looks at his swatch. “Maybe in two hours. Why?”

 

“Can you come back early? I want to go out and watch movies.”

 

“But I have to pick up Sooyun at 5 o’clock.”

 

“Oh, really? But I’ve made a reservation though.” Her voice trails off at the end.

 

Myungsoo keeps silent for a moment before makes up his mind. It’s either bringing Sooyun along with him to watch the movie with Haeyong or she would have to go back with the bus.

And that first option is not the best to go with, he thinks. Not at this moment.

 

“Alright, see you in an hour.”

 

 

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

 

The cloud darkens and the winds blowing strongly and Sooyun couldn’t hide her worry as she walks from the end of the gate to the other end. Myungsoo promised to pick her up and it’s already 15 minutes late. Her phone died and she blames herself for forgetting to charge her mobile phone last night.

 

The university is pretty much empty now as one by one leaves the place and there are only few people left.

 

She freezes when she sees Chanyeol at the corner of her eyes, and she begins to feels uneasy as he seems to walk towards her direction. She clutches onto her bag and storm through the heavy rain and goes inside the campus building. Her clothes are soaking wet but thankfully, all her notes are safe inside her bag.

 

She mutters a curse under her breath when her head begins to feel dizzy. She doesn’t know why but rain and she can never get along well. She used to love playing in the rain when she was still young but when she realized that she had often gotten sick everytime after she played in the rain, she had stopped doing so ever since.

 

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Sooyun body jerks away when she hears a voice behind her.

 

“Oh god, you scared me!”

 

“You’re… wet.”

 

 

She clears and brings the bag closer to her body when she clearly knows that the fabric of her clothes became transparent because it’s soaked with the rain.

 

“Um, yeah…”

 

“Why are you still here?”

 

“I’m waiting for.. umm, Myungsoo.”

 

“It’s already late. Does he know that the guard will close the gate after 30 minutes of the last class’s ended? Have you tried to call him?”

 

She just shakes her head. “My phone died on me.”

 

He sighs. “Here.” He takes out his mobile phone and hands it to her. “Call him.”

 

“I.. don’t remember his number.” She bites her lower lips and her eyes lower to the ground.

 

 

She gasps when he holds on to her hands and drags her with him.

 

"Hoya, what are you doing?”

 

“Come, I’ll send you home.”

 

“But… but Myungsoo said that he will come.”

 

He spins around and Sooyun stops her movement abruptly and she steps back a little when she feels that she stands too close to him.

 

“It’s already late and you’re soaking wet. What if you’ll get sick? I will explain to him later.”

 

 

 

She just stays silent as she follows his steps. Hoya takes off his jacket and hovers it above their head and both of them made a quick run to his car.

 

Sooyun fidgets in her seat. She has just stained his car seat with her wet dress and dirty shoes, and she perfectly knew that he loves his car more than he loves himself.

 

“I know what you are thinking right now and I want you to stop it. I don’t care if my car gets dirty, alright?”

 

 

She just nods lightly before she looks out from the window. Her mind darts towards Myungsoo and she wonders why he doesn’t come to pick her up.

 

She feels weird suddenly. When she tries to blink, all she could see was white spots and she sneezes three times in a row.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

 

Hoya touch her forehead and curses.

 

“I think you’re sick.”

 

She doesn’t respond to him and she sits there helplessly as her eyes start to grow heavy and she knows that it’s not because she feels sleepy.

 

 

 

Her eyes fluster open when she feels her body being lifted in someone’s embrace and all she can see is the blurry image of a guy’s side profile from below.

 

She moans as he lays her on the bed. Her head starts to throb madly and her eyes scrunch tight.

 

“It’s cold…”

 

“Hang on, I’m going to get you the medicine.”

 

She hears some noises around her but doesn’t make any effort to open her eyes as her head starts to throb even more.

 

“Here’s a panadol.”

 

He helps her with the medicine and her body starts to shiver in cold. She desperately brings the blanket closer to her body and she groans in disappointment when it does nothing to bring her warmth.

 

 

 

“What are you doing?”

 

She panics when she feels his hands tugging on her clothes.

 

“You’re cold as ice. I can’t let you freeze to death. I have to do this.”

 

She whimpers softly as he starts to undress her.

 

“Please… don’t.”

 

“I’m not going to let you die on my bed. And the hospital is too far from here.”

 

 

She thinks that he’s only joking with his words but he’s clearly not as she could feel her wet shirts slowly being peel off from her. When his hands work on her pants, she makes a sound of disapprovement but he doesn’t stop. Her body is literally shivering so bad that he has no choice but to do this.

 

Leaving her in only her undergarments, he strips from his clothes except for the boxers. After making sure that he has set the temperature to the warmest, he hops into the bed and brings her body closer to him. Her hands weakly press on his chest, trying to push him away and she’s muttering incoherent mumbles as Hoya wraps his body around her, hoping that the warmth from his body would provide warmth to her. Thankfully, it works as she slowly relaxes and her body feels a lot less cold than before.

 

Sooyun involuntarily snuggles closer to him and Hoya stiffens in his position. It doesn’t take long before she drifts off to her sleep.