Shim Jaewon Talks About EXO-K Member's Dance Skill

EXO-K and EXO-M MACRO

Shim Jaewon (one of EXO’s choreographer) talks about EXO K members dance skill
(Shim Jaewon, along with Gregory Hwang from Beat Burger are History, MAMA and Angel’s choreographer. Also with several teasers’ moves). Sorry if there is grammar mistake. Please take out with full credit.

I will not hold back my words, because everything that I will share is full of my opinion, based on my observation of the boys. Remember, “dance skill only”, I won’t talk about singing or rapping. I won’t be sugarcoating the boys.

Suho: He can follow the dance routine quite well, but not special. Seven years of training gave him advantage to control his emotion (*when the boys make mistakes when practicing, we usually punish them with more hours of practicing, and make the boys holding back their anger, and he is the one who can calm himself and the other boys). Lack of facial expressions. He is in the stage that you can say “good” for his dancing.
D.O: Powerful. It’s all I can say. He is so good with stamina and doing great with every step. But he plays safe too much, he follows the dance routine just the way it is. No improvisation. He needs to put feeling into his moves.
Sehun: Good dancer, good flexibility. Still need to work on his facial expression. He is the member who makes mistake the most such as blocking other members or forget his step.
Baekhyun: At first I was worried that I can’t teach him well, he just joins for eleven months yet I have to teach him the same thing with the other members. He got two hours extra practicing (*seven hours/day for other members) everyday. He is not the powerful one, but he is the art. When talk about dance, I will go to Kai, with his perfection. But when you talk about “art”, definitely Baekhyun. His moves are delicate and smooth. He knows how to work on his expressions and gestures. Along with Kai, he is the one who can improvise their dance. When Kai is the strong-beast-y one, Baekhyun is the beautiful-chic one. He also gives an idea for Angel’s choreography. Even only for a small part, can you guess which part?
Chanyeol: Born to be not a dancer. But he is improving a lot. People said that having that tall body is the reason, but not at all. Many taller people can dance well. He is stiff and can not comprehend every step well. But at least, he is not drag the group down. I believe that there is one thing that can fit him well instead of dance (*rapping, of course).
Kai: Perfection. That all I can say. Having various dance background is really an advantage for him. Smart and creative, he also creates the dance step in his own teasers. Full of improvisation, powerful and expressions. He once said that he didn’t want to sing, just do the dance instead. He has desire to learn break dance, hip-hop and many western dances as well in the future.

 

 

cr. to the owner

I think some of you might have read this already but I just want to share it to those who haven't

 

 

*  *  *

Guys, I Am The Flight Knight Captain, Kris Chapter VII is already posted. Please do check it out:

Here is the link:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/232014/i-am-the-flight-knight-captain-kris-kris-exo12