Chapter 5

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:
*FLASH*s are part of Min Hee's memories and will be narrated in 1st POV.
*FLASHBACK*s (which will come in the later chapters) are the events that has happened in the past and will be narrated in 3rd POV.

----------------------------------------------------------

All the while he was inside the car, he can’t help but to think over her reactions as they were rushing through the crowd inside the hospital lobby not too long ago. He could understand her shock and uneasiness. But as soon as he realised the stiffness and trauma from those beautiful hazel eyes, his heart was unknowingly splashed with a bucket of ice-cold water. Or worse, it was drowned and pulled down to the base until he couldn’t even reach the surface. Seeing her so lost could really kill him. Yes, perhaps this is what they want. But no, he will never give it to them so easily.

Once in a while, he took a peek at the girl sitting beside him. She was restless. He wasn’t sure if it was due to her nervousness or that she is actually afraid of whom he is. She still hasn’t asked him that most important question. And he did not intend to give her the answer until she was ready to hear it. Until then, he will make sure that she stays as close to him as possible. Even his bodyguards were lacking his trust. To him, this is no more a scene to place such things in each other, except of course between him and her.

Changmin unconsciously extended one of his arms around her shoulders. He felt the distance between them was threatening. As how she would react to his touch, she flinched as soon as his hand gripped on her right shoulder cap. She gave him another one of those alarming stares but soon it loosened up and turned instead into an awkward smile. Perhaps she had just recalled that this man is her husband and that he can touch her whenever and wherever he wants.

“We’ll be arriving soon…” he announced as he pulled her closer, close enough for him to catch the scent of her silky hair. It wasn’t her usual scent, but it was enough to delight the spirits inside him.

He could tell that she was anxious. She kept on looking far ahead for signs of houses but what came into view were trees and more trees. They were currently making their way through thin forests and deserted roads. When she heard his announcement, he could tell that she was about to cry.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

'Where are they taking me?'

It’s true she still wasn’t able to trust him fully. Even when his hands were neatly wrapped around hers or when he was holding her close to his chest that allows her to listen to his warming heart-beat, she could only see him as a stranger who was willing/forced to help her. Either he was the good or the bad stranger, she couldn’t tell. But from the looks of the place they were approaching, she could sense something bad is comin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter