Chapter 26

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Have you, even once, recalled the night of the attack?”

The question had never once left her mind. Min Hee herself had always wanted to recall that night, to know exactly what had happened to her and what had caused her to forget so many wonderful things in her life. She was somehow sure that many good memories had been made between her and Changmin, and these kinds of memories shouldn’t have been easily forgotten no matter what the circumstances were.

It was unmistakeably a memory of true love.

Min Hee wanted to curse the life out of the person who had caused them such heartache. If only Changmin would allow her to get out there and find that foul person herself, she would and she would then tore that person’s skin to pieces and burn them to ashes. That was how much hatred and regret that Min Hee was cumulating inside her heart, mind and soul with each breath that she took. But of course, she was still in her right state of mind, and doing all those was too inhumane for her own conscience.

“Onnie, eat this up,” her sister-in-law’s voice was soft as she patted Min Hee’s back lightly.

Min Hee turned slightly as InKyung was facing her back, and looked at the tray of food on the coffee table with an exhausted smile. “Thanks, InKyung-ah. But I’ll wait for Changmin to wake up first. He wouldn’t want to eat alone.”

InKyung bit her lips and looked at the figure on the bed that was peacefully snoring, its chest moving up and down in constant rhythm. “But you might miss your lunch.”

“That’s alright. There’s still dinner and supper,” Min Hee assured.

“But onnie~” InKyung started to whine, which easily reminded Min Hee of her own husband’s whining. “You have to eat at regular times. It’s not good for your baby. I want my niece or nephew to be healthy and heavy when you give birth.”

Min Hee looked at InKyung with the sweetest smile for her concern and reached out to pat her head. “You worry too much. We’ll be fine. I’m not hungry, really.”

A sigh left InKyung’s lips. “Please?” she tried to push her luck again. She took the tray in her hands and laid it on Min Hee’s lap to subtly force her to eat.

“Oh alright,” Min Hee finally gave in and took the cutleries in her hands before serving small spoons of rice into and chewing them slowly. InKyung smiled gladly and watched as Min Hee ate in silence, always taking small bits of everything and end up leaving a small portion of it to the side.

“Why won’t you finish that?”

“In case Changmin wakes up for lunch.”

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

“Milady has been eating well lately,” SongSun nodded with respect at InKyung. “Ever since that day last week, she’s becoming more and more like whom she was before the attack.”

“Indeed,” InKyung agreed. Her eyes roamed around the ceiling of the basement as if searching for cracks or spiders, but deep in her mind she was fully occupied by her family’s issues. “Seems like she had seen something on that day, maybe that was why she passed out.”

“Perhaps.”

The room was silent for a while as no one spoke nor moved from their sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter