Chapter 22

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It won’t be a good idea if I come with you,” Mr Hwang said as he inserted his hands swiftly into his pockets. “I prefer to keep a distance from now on.”

Changmin nodded. “It doesn’t matter. I’m capable of taking care of myself, thank you very much.”

And with that, Changmin strode towards the building while Mr Hwang went back inside his car and waited.

It was already the next morning when they decided that it’s time to confront the woman that they thought has brought so much trouble in Changmin’s life. Changmin stayed outdoors all night and talked through some stuff with Mr Hwang in order to help him distinguish other relevant parties that could be involved in the plot. He had to admit that it wasn’t easy. There were just too much possibilities of people wearing masks, thus he had to be extra cautious. In the end, they still couldn’t come up with rational reasons and possible culprits. It seemed like some puzzles were still missing.

The morning breeze passed him by, sending the edge of his thin jacket to dance along the nature’s melody. He proceeded up the stone steps and towards the double doors that were nearly covered up by ivy. Unlike his own home, nobody attended to the security of the main entrance. He wondered, was this place too unworthy for such protection? Or were the owners too confident of the capability of the modern technology. A chuckle left Changmin’s throat as he pushed the double doors open wide.

“At last…” A voice immediately echoed through the big hall as Changmin entered. “I’ve been expecting you.”

Changmin calmed his heartbeat at the sudden ‘friendly’ welcome. After a few more echoes of footsteps, the speaker finally came into view. Changmin stood at the center of the hall, ensuring that he had enough space for flexibility of movement in case someone jumps onto him without prior notice. He then lifted up his eyes to observe the speaker from head to toe.

It was the woman, he assumed. Her characteristics matched Mr Hwang’s description perfectly.

Absolutely no one else was in sight as the woman approached closer. Suddenly, Changmin regretted for not bringing Junsu along or at least called up for back up from the headquarters. He mentally smacked himself for letting his emotions and ego to take over him during this crucial stage. He knew it will be even more dangerous if his opponent doesn’t show intentions of possible violence in order to solve any upcoming misunderstandings. In short, when they’re alone, worse things will happen.

She took more steps towards the stoned Changmin as both of them had their eyes locked in each other’s.

“So what brings you here, Milord?”

Changmin stared intently at the woman, trying to mix and match the puzzles inside his head while the evidence is right in front of him.

“What do you want from me?” he asked straight-forwardly. His face was fierce and unforgiving.

The woman laughed instead which very much annoyed Changmin’s sensitive ear-drums. “You should know the answer to that already,” she replied with a chuckle. But then she recalle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter