Chapter 2

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changmin unwillingly left Min Hee alone in the hospital suite to have a quiet conversation with Dr. Lee inside his office at the end of the corridor.

“Please have a sit,” the doctor gestured towards the chair across the small coffee table. He made sure Changmin was comfortably seated before closing the doors behind him. He went to his desk and fetched the only file that was left on it. “I’ve feared that this will happen,” he spoke as he sat down and started flipping the document. He kept on peeking at the bottom of his glasses to get a better view of the small scribbles.

“She…” Changmin paused to recollect his thoughts. It pained him to say it out loud, but the doctor has to know in order to be able to help. “She didn’t know who I am.”

Upon those words, the doctor looked up from the document and straight into Changmin’s eyes. “Hmm, that doesn’t sound so good. Are you sure this has nothing to do with her past behaviour nor has it been part of her idea of being humorous?”

“Not at all, I’m absolutely positive…” Changmin crossed his arms on his chest as he tried to stop his heart from breaking down at the thought of losing her love in a split second.

“Well, according to our records, we did discover one particular blood clot which was very difficult to remove. It’s allocated at the outer brim of her Cerebellum, very near to her Temporal Lobe. I think that is where she consumed the hit.”

The doctor continued to review the reports as Changmin had his eyes fixed on him. He could picture the blood clot and the rough shape of a brain, but he didn’t know what it meant.

“If she is indeed suffering from amnesia, it’s only a minor case so don’t worry too much. At most, she will forget whatever happened to her in the length of one to three years from when she received that hit on her head. But that is just a random assumption,” Dr. Lee explained without looking at Changmin’s face. “This wasn’t supposed to happen in the first place actually. I think there’s another influence that has weakened her body at some point. If only she woke up much earlier, she could’ve been safe.”

“What do you mean?” Changmin seemed alerted at the doctor’s announcement.

“You see, the longer the brain was left without work especially after such incident, the higher the possibility of a memory loss. Otherwise, it might also be a possibility that there’s still another blood clot somewhere in there that we failed to notice.”

Dr. Lee suddenly paused as he noticed the signs of fury that was flashing in Changmin’s eyes. He had better things to do than to cross this dangerous man. He held his breath for a while, trying to warn himself of his next choice of words. “Amnesia is very subjective to be included in things amendable. One way is to live your life as usual and add a teaspoon of your past every now and then. It might slightly push those stuck memory back into work. Or we might have to do another surgery to remove the clot, but her possibility to survive it is less than half. So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter