Chapter 17

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 *FLASHBACK*


“I don’t need a ing wife!” Changmin barked as he shot a death glare towards his bestfriend. He couldn’t believe what had just been said by his most trusted man. It’s not like Junsu doesn’t know the laws written on the mafia’s ‘guidebook’. Not that they actually had the book and had it published worldwide, but it’s like a known law, passed down to heirs of each mafia’s generation.

Mafias do not believe in a whole life’s commitment. Everything has always been a job. A mere job. Once the job is done, they will move on. It’s as simple as that. The same goes with women. No woman will last longer than a week in a mafia’s arms. And as their personal preferences changes, so will their women… Unless it’s under special circumstances, the mafia might decide to keep her as a concubine, along with his other favourites.

“How long are you going to keep hiding behind the ‘ancient’ law? Wake up, Changmin-ah! It’s already the millennia!” Junsu insisted angrily. “Besides, your mother would be very happy in heaven when she witnesses her son having a normal life she had always hoped for.”

“Stop talking about that …” Changmin quickly hissed. Grumpily, he laid himself on the couch, covering his eyes with one arm. A heavy sigh left his throat.

“She’s your mother for God’s sake! Have some respect!” Junsu felt his blood starting to boil. It may be true that Changmin’s mother wasn’t married to his father even as she gave birth to InKyung. But it allows no reason for Changmin to degrade such a wonderful woman who had sacrificed her whole life for the man she loved. The woman, whose heart was torn to pieces every time she saw a different woman coming out of the ‘guest’ room at dawn every other day…

Changmin laid motionless, pretending not to listen.

“That was her last wish, for the mother of your children to not having the same fate as she had, Shim Changmin. Your mother knows you’re strong. You could break that law easily if you wanted to,” Junsu continued on, confident that Changmin’s heart was starting to soften.

“Shut up… I said SHUT UP!” Changmin thundered a moment after as he lifted himself into a sitting position and gradually his hair out of frustration.

Junsu stared at the behaviour of the man in front of him. “Changmin-ah, just admit it. You love the girl…”

*END FLASHBACK*


“Junsu-yah… Is there something bothering you?” a man appeared from behind him and touched his left shoulder lightly. Junsu lifted his chin to be greeted by a concerned face of his uncle. Junsu turned his sour face to a smile.

“Nothing. I was just reminiscing,” Junsu answered truthfully. Politely, he gestured for his uncle to have a seat next to him. He pulled his cup of tea closer to his lips and took a sip. “By the way, how’s Changmin doing, SongSun-ajusshi?”

Songsun sighed. He brought both his palms to cover his face for a while before letting them go and inhaled a good amount of air into his lungs. “He still wouldn’t budge from the door. He’s not doing anything else either.”

“That man always does stupid things,” Junsu grunted, bringing his palm to the bottom of his chin, elbow resting on the table.

“I’m very worried,” SongSun continued. “He has gone through a lot of changes since Min Hee appeared in his life. But nothing could ever compare to this. He’s becoming even more fragile by the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter