Chapter 12

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Make sure she drinks the whole glass after she finishes her breakfast, okay?” Min Hee heard Changmin’s voice coming from the end of the corridor heading towards the stairs.

She closed the bedroom door behind her, careful not to make a sound and stood there for a moment to listen to the rest of the conversation. She could see two figures standing in front of each other a few meters away from her. It seemed to her that Changmin was ready to descend the stairs before he met his sister in the middle, who was apparently holding a tray of food in her hands. Could that possibly be her breakfast?

“Yes, oppa. I know. You’ve reminded me a thousandth time,” InKyung giggled softly. “Stop worrying too much. I know how to take good care of my future niece.” InKyung assured and was about to take a step forward when Changmin suddenly stopped her midway by spreading his arms in front of her. “Aish! Oppa, I could’ve slipped!”

“How did you know it’s a girl?” Changmin asked, ignoring his sister’s angry face as she made sure the tray was stable again.

“Well, I don’t. It’s a guess, duhh…” InKyung pushed him away with her hips after getting a playful smack on the head and started to turn to the corridor where Min Hee stood at. Min Hee quickly hid behind a vase of flowers nearby. “Just get to work and come home early. And don’t get too bloody this time,” she heard InKyung say.

“I can’t promise you that,” Changmin replied in a composed tone, now pretending to fix his black tie and was ready to go down the stairs.

InKyung stopped in her tracks and faced Changmin once more, hands still holding the tray. She seemed concerned and very worried. “Why not?” she asked.

“Well, something really bad came up. I think it’ll only get worse. Just keep an eye on Min Hee for me, okay?”

“Oh. Okay,” Min Hee heard InKyung sigh. “But really, don’t get killed!” she managed to call out before Changmin was totally out of ears’ reach, turned and started walking forward. “Eh? Onnie, you’re awake,” InKyung said as soon as she noticed Min Hee at the bedroom door, trying not to get caught eavesdropping.

“Ah, yes,” Min Hee replied awkwardly, twitching her fingers behind her back. “I was just heading for the kitchen to get some breakfast,” she lied.

“Oh. Well, I got your breakfast right here. Do you still want to go downstairs?” InKyung asked, showing Min Hee the tray in her hands. She actually caught Min Hee’s nervous smile but she decided to let it slip. Too much anxiety is not really good for the baby.

“No, that’s fine,” Min Hee replied while re-opening the bedroom door wide for the both of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter