Freshen your Breath with a Taemint.

Hello~! SHINee Oneshots.

Character:

SooNi

-trainee days with Taemin

-she’s a few months older than him but they decided to be informal with each other

-in a girl group but debuted with a solo track for a drama OST

-crush on Taemin, but acts normal

-easily influenced 

 


 

"Where, where, where, WHERE IS IT?"

SooNi frantically searched her bags and around the waiting room. Up & down and between the chairs she looked. She was desperate...for a piece of gum.

A coordi unnie caught her on a *Tous Les Jours* lollipop before recording and scolded her for it. Coordi said she needed fresh, minty breath instead of sickly sweet strawberry-lemon breath. People would take her more seriously if the didn't think she just came out of a candy store. And being slightly influenced, SooNi went off on a search to look for some minty mouth freshener.

Now here she was, ransacking her own bag for some gum, or whatever she could find.
"I know I have some gum in here-yes!" SooNi cried out in relief when she pulled out a packet of winter mint gum-with blue crystals to whiten your teeth.

She felt accomplished finding the pack and opened it up to see a lone, neatly wrapped gum just waiting for her to use its magic on her sweet breath.

SooNi carefully plucked the gum out and chucked the empty packing into the bin. She held it up in triumph. "YUS."

Then it was snatched from her grip. "Just what I was looking for! Komawo SooNi."

SooNi slowly looked to the perpetrator with wide eyes. Who dared to take the precious gum she spent a good 10 minutes looking for?

 

 

She came face to face with SHINee's maknae who was giving her a cute smile. "Y-Yah! I need that gum!" SooNi stammered, pointing an accusing finger at the mushroom headed boy.

Taemin gave her a smile and flipped his golden shroom hair from his eyes. "I need it too~" he then pulled off the wrapper showing the ultra white gum with whitening crystals. SooNi tried to reach for the gum but it was too late, Taemin had already downed the piece and chewed happily. "Ah~ minty!"

SooNi gaped at her sunbae and settled on a nearby chair. "Wae? I needed that gum sunbae!"
Taemin frowned. "Coordi noona got mad at me because I drank milk. She said I had to make my breath fresh." Taemin shivered. "Or she would tell Key umma to brush my teeth...hyung brushes painfully, he like drags the bristles over your gums and jabs your teeth-"

 

SooNi groaned and held her head in her hands. “Aigoo…” when she looked up again she was startled to find Taemin crouching in front of her. “Mian, SooNi.” he used his aegyo smile. It didn’t faze SooNi and instead she took him by the shoulders and began to shake him back and forth.

“Wae Taemin, WAE?” she inquired rhetorically. Taemin didn’t try to move away. He knew he more or less deserved…being shaken. So he took it like a man and kept his balance while SooNi had his way with him.

 

“What am I to do? Do I go brush my teeth?”


“No, I didn’t bring a tooth brush or paste.”

 

“Eww no I shouldn’t use the tooth brushes here, they could be dirty.”

 

“Or I could use mouth wash. That would be reasonable.”

 

“But I only use the orange-mint wash!”

 

“Oh dear, and I have to record in a bit…”

 

“Dammit Lee Taemin! Why did you take my gum?!”

 

 

“Yah. Tae…Gwenchana?” SooNi stopped her flailing arms to see that Taemin’s eyes had unfocused. He blinked a few times and held on to her arm. “Uh…c-could you pause for a moment? I, I feel kind o-of d-dizzy?”

 

“Oh,” SooNi nodded.

 

Just then the door swung open and the evil coordi noona stood there. “SooNi ah its time to go on soon.” she said and slammed the door shut. That woke Taemin up(from absentmindedly chewed the gum) and he looked at SooNi who was freaking out in her seat. She was mumbling nonsense words that were incoherent. Finally, SooNi looked him straight in the eyes, startling him a bit.

 

“Uh-um, what are you going to do SooNi?” Taemin dared to ask. He knew very well when she was pressured she would think up the weirdest things.

 

SooNi twitched and bit her lips. “You know what, you really owe me big time, thief.” she mumbled flatly. Taemin tried to smile. “Y-yeah-oomph!”

SooNi put a hand behind his neck and hastily brought their lips together.

 

He took her gum. She took a kiss from him.

 

Taemin’s eyes widened when SooNi forced her tongue into his mouth, exploring the interior.

But he didn’t pull away and deepened the kiss by wrapping his arms around her waist.

 

After what seemed like forever, they broke away and SooNi looked at the flushed Taemin with a grin. “Mhmm, wasn’t as minty as I thought. I even tasted milk.”

Taemin blushed. Honestly, he liked how tasted like candy.

 

“It was Taeminty.”

SooNi giggled. “I think my breath is fresh now. Komawo Taemin.”

 

SooNi was to stand up but Taemin held her down to her seat. “Yah, I have recording now.” SooNi protested. Taemin leaned closer that she could smell his Taeminty breath, “Next time, it’s my turn araso? Guys are supposed to initiate those types of kisses SooNi ah.”

 

Now it was SooNi whose face was flushed. She pushed him away and got up. “Yah, you’re a weirdo!”

 

She moved to the door but looked back to Taemin who was on his on the floor.

SooNi sighed. She couldn’t leave the blonde mushroom there. She went back and took him by the wrist and pulled him up. “C’mon, you’re coming along to watch my recording.”

 

Taemin was silent as she dragged him along. But before they completely left the room he spoke up. “So that means later?” he asked with a cheeky smile.

“…maybe.” 

 


This one seemed...like it was going all over the place. Sorry.