Confessions.

Hello~! SHINee Oneshots.

Soo Ni was miserable. During the day and night she thought about Taemin. He didn't deserve to be yelled at. But she did. She brushed him off after everything they did together.

Soo Ni's behavior changed and it bothered her group mates. They whispered amongst themselves.
"Did something happen to Soo Ni?"
"Unnie is so quiet..."
"Is she sick?"
"What is that thing?"

Soo Ni was on the other side of the practice room, staring blankly at the porcelain doll. Ever since Taemin gave it to her she had brought it everywhere she went. She would take it out and just space out with her eyes glued on the figure. Like she was in a daze.

Taemin...

Soo Ni bit back a sob. It really hurt thinking about him. She hadn't seen Taemin since their yell fest a week ago and that made her sad and relieved at the same time.

If she met him it would be awkward and it would be hard for her to apologize -if he would listen to her anyway. But at the same time, was he avoiding her? On a regular basis they'd at least meet each other in the hallways or bump into each other at the lobby. Did he hate her that much now?

Soo Ni stood up slowly and packed her things but opted to carry the doll in her arms as she slung her bag on her shoulders. "I'll be going first...is that okay?" she mumbled just loud enough for her friends to hear. They agreed almost instantly. "Of course!"
"Please take a rest araso?"
"You really need to relax, you don't look well."

Soo Ni tried to smile for her caring mates. "Ne." the maknae of the group went up to her and gave her a slight hug. She whispered in Soo Ni's ear. "If you're heart is hurting because of that person, their heart is hurting too." Soo Ni's eyes snapped wide. "Don't you want to make both hearts happy?" "M-mworago??" her dongsaeng shook her head and smiled before pushing her out the door. "I hope you work things out, unnie!"


Instead of going to the lobby Soo Ni's feet led her around the company building. Her dongsaengs words replayed in her head many times, unconsciously making her go to the place of where things ended.

On her way there she met up with Krystal. "Hey Soo Ni sshi." "Ah-annyeong Krystal sshi." Krystal gave her a look. "Soo Ni...you dont-" Soo Ni gave her pleading eyes to not talk about her physique. Krystal shook her head. "Nevermind! Have you seen F(x) unnie-deul anywhere?" Soo Ni smiled lightly and shook her head. "Can you help me then?"

Soo Ni led Krystal who linked arms down the hall. "Wahh~ you guys look so different!" Krystal stopped. "That sounded like Sulli!"

They went forward and Soo Ni's eyes widened as they neared that practice room.
"Sulli ah!" Krystal pulled Soo Ni along as she burst through the room. Sulli and Victoria and SHINee were present there. Soo Ni's eyes immediately honed on Taemin. He looked so different.


They all did. But Taemin looked so fresh and mature with his short copper hair.

"Krystal- Soo Ni sshi!" they all greeted with smiles. With the exception of Taemin. He looked uninterested.

Soo Ni smiled. "Hi." Krystal went to Sulli's side who was standing so close to Taemin. Taemin's face suddenly brightened and he chatted animatedly with them both. Soo Ni stood there watching them.

"Hey," she looked to her side and found Jonghyun. "Annyeong Jjong oppa."

Soo Ni looked him over. "Looking handsome as ever oppa." Jjong smiled shyly. "D'awh, you really think so?" then he pouted. "What about before huh?!" Soo Ni laughed lightly. "Yah, that's not what I meant." her gaze drifted to Sulli/Taemin/Krystal who were being buddy-buddy. It hurt.

"I'm the best looking right?" Jjong whispered in her ears, his breath tickled her ears. She giggled and glanced at Onew, Minho and Key who were off to the side talking with Victoria. They looked good as well. "When did you guys change style?" she asked. Distracted, Jjong tilted his head upwards. "Uh, just yesterday. We're debuting in Japan soon so we've been practicing a lot lately and then we got the concept yesterday."

"Araso~ fighting, oppa!" Jjong pouted. "You buy our CD because I bought yours, ne? You can hear Taeminnie stole some of my lines!" he whined playfully. Soo Ni smiled. "Ah, ne~" Jjong smiled too and put an arm around her shoulders. "I knew I can count on you! You're a good dongsaeng."

"I'm hungry! Let's go eat in the cafeteria!" Onew demanded pulling Key. Key swatted the leaders hands away. "Araso! Araso! Stop it, let's go guys." "We'll come too!" Sulli dragged Krystal and Victoria out with Onew, Key and Minho. "Taemin oppa are you coming?" Taemin shook his head. "I have to get my stuff then I'm heading to the dorm."  Jjong faced Soo Ni. "You wanna come?" Soo Ni glanced at Taemin who went to pick his things. "A-ani. I'm not hungry."

Soon it was just Taemin and Soo Ni in the room. Taemin didn't spare a glance in Soo Ni's way while Soo Ni couldn't take her eyes off of him. She wanted to say so much...but how could she?

"You'll burn holes in my head if you keep staring." Taemin snapped Soo Ni out of her daze. He had his bag slung over his shoulder. She bowed her head. "Mian..." Taemin blew his bangs and faced to the side. "For what, trampling on my heart? You did a good job at that." "I-" "You really dont like me at all. Did you move on to Jonghyun hyung? You must like him more."

She frowned. "I never said that! You're assuming things."

"Then what can I assume? You don't even say anything!"

Soo Ni held on to the doll in her arms in a vice like grip. She wanted to run out crying but that wouldn't solve anything. She had to tell him some way or another.

"Okay, fine. I'm sorry! I'm sorry okay?! Are you happy now Taemin? Why are you being so pushy?"

Taemin was taken aback by Soo Ni's outburst but stayed standing. "Well, I- I want you to take me seriously! All you ever treat me like is a dongsaeng."

"If you really want to know- I'm scared! I'm scared that if I tell you I love you our friendship will change!"
"I don't want it to change...I want my Taemin back...." Soo Ni's voice dropped to a whisper. "My Taemin."

Soo Ni's tears were spent. She couldn't cry even if she were cutting a hundred onions. Her heart was breaking now and all she could do was hold the doll to her chest.

Taemin's face softened. "Soo Ni...I'll always cherish our friendship no matter what. I'm supposed to protect you no matter what. I will always be your Taemin-" Taemin stopped short of his sentence. "You have the doll." Soo Ni nodded.

Taemin bit his lips. "You know what...I'm so sorry.  Just forget about it. Let's pretend nothing happened, okay?" he gave her a sad smile. Hesitantly, he took a step forward and enveloped her in his arms. "Please though, keep in mind that I care for you a lot."
Soo Ni smiled instantly feeling how warm and inviting his embace was. She immmediately felt better, happier, but there was something off.
She didnt want to forget a single thing that happened.

Taemin breathed out slowly and reluctantly let go. "I'll be going first." he gave her a half bright smile. "I'm really sorry."

She smiled a real smile in a week and grabbed his hand unexpectedly. "How childish of you."

Taemin was startled. "W-what?"
"You didn't let me speak this time. What kind of man would you be if you left a girl after confessing?"
Taemin was baffled. "But I didn't confess..."
Soo Ni held out the doll shes been carrying for weeks. "It screamed confession."
A deep blush settled on Taemin's cheeks. "Oh..."
Soo Ni smiled in return and squeezed his hand. "As long as you promise me that our relationship will stay strong and that you'll always take care of me." Soo Ni declared. Taemin agreed right away. "O-of course! Always! Because I like you!"

Any insecurities Taemin had, the doubt Soo Ni held and sad feelings they both had diminished then.
Soo Ni felt her heart warm up with his words and she leaned in closer to his face. "Could you repeat that?"
Taemin hugged her close. Their noses almost touching. "I really like you."
"I really like you, too." Soo Ni smiled and closed the distance between their lips.

It was their first kiss as an official couple.


 

who else thought it was confusing? I kind of forgot how I wanted this to go then I kept adding and adding more argument between TaeNi....aish. I dont know anymore. >.< its pretty long too...aigoo. sorry everyone!