chapter twenty four.

Perfect Man (Sequel of Dream Boy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11mPKtu8J4c


Snow has melted, and it was almost spring. Short winter, but at least it was good for Chaemi and Sehun's plan to work. The next morning, everyone met in Chanyeol's living room, excluding you. "I want to thank you guys for getting Jihae off my back and that she'll never want anything to do with me ever again," Baekhyun said and gave them one of he rarest smiles. "You guys are really the most greatest friends I've ever had."
"You have more friends? I thought it was just us!" D.O. said.
Baekhyun ignored D.O.'s humor and continued, "So as a thank you, I'll take you guys to the beach and the amusement park."

"BEACH?!" D.O shot up.
"AMUSEMENT PARK?!" Sehun shot up as well.
Baekhyun nodded. "WELL THEN WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR?!" D.O shouted and grabbed his bag.
"Wait... How'd you know that I'd take you guys to the beach?" Baekhyun asked.
"Dude, we're your friends... Well... Now that you say that, does make a good point. I guessed then. And told everyone to pack," D.O said.
Baekhyun chuckled and rolled his eyes.

Chaemi and Sehun shot up from their seats and ran upstairs. They ran into your room. Chaemi grabbed a bag and ran to your closet. You looked at Sehun. "What's going on?" you asked.
"Baekhyun hyung is taking us to the beach and amusement park~" Sehun said.
"Oh really? Then... Have fun," you said, returning back to your laptop. Suddenly your laptop shut close. 

You looked up and saw Baekhyun. "I want you to come too," he said.
You looked down. "I don't want to go..." you said.

Baekhyun and Sehun exchanged glances. They pointed at each other for a few times, and at last, they came to a decision. Baekhyun lead towards you. You didn't notice since you were tracing the patterns of the blanket. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around your waist and slung you over his shoulders. "YAH!" you shouted. You swung your legs, but Baekhyun kept them down. Chaemi came out, stuffing your clothes into the bag. "LET ME GO!" you shouted.
"Let's go~" Chaemi said and ran downstairs.

Baekhyun ran down the stairs with you on his shoulder. "Yah, hyung! Be careful! Noona's very fragile." Baekhyun glanced at the maknae with a weird look. "I mean... TO THE BEACH!" he hollered and ran out of the house with the others following.

At least 4 cars were used, you and Baekhyun were in one car, alone. Every now and then, Baekhyun would glance at you. The car ride was quiet. You and Baekhyun didn't talk at all, and Baekhyun hated that. "So... How have you been?" Baekhyun asked, breaking the silence. Baekhyun waited, expected you to answer any moment, but no reply. He turned his head and found you asleep. He softly smiled and chuckled. He saw your hand that wasn't gripping onto your bag, he took the chance and laced his fingers to yours. *I miss these small dainty hands.* His squeezed your hand and grinned.

****

Hours later, you arrived at a populated beach. Families packed the beach. You, Chaemi and the boys went to a part of the beach where it was as vacant. D.O ran onto the beach like a child. "BEACH BEACH! OW HOT SAND HOT SAND!" he shouted and ran to the water. "COLD WATER COLD WATER!" He ran back and forth to the sand and water.

You and Chaemi went to go change while the boys set up. You looked in your bag. "Yah, Chaemi. Did you just get me a 2 piece swimsuit?" you asked.
Chaemi nodded. "Yesh~"
"Why didn't you get me a t-shirt if you did?!" You frowned.
"Tsk tsk, you've turned grumpy now. Why would you want a t-shirt?"
You sighed and went to go change.

You came back out moments later, wearing your 2 piece swimsuit. "Here," Chaemi said, giving you a t-shirt. "I knew you'd be mad so I got you Baekhyun's t-shirt. I'll be with Sehun if you need me," she said, and ran out of the girl's restroom.
You glanced at the oversized white t-shirt in your hand. You quickly slipped the t-shirt on you, caught a swift smell of Baekhyun's scent. You looked at yourself in the oversized t-shirt. Sighing, you walked back to your friends.

"HYEMI NOONA!" Sehun shouted and ran towards you. He paused when he saw you in Baekhyun's t-shirt. "Why does noona need a t-shirt?" He shrugged. "Doesn't matter." He bent down and wrapped his arms around your leg, slung you over his shoulder.
"YAH! LET ME DOWN... AGAIN!" you shouted.
"OKAY!" Sehun said and threw you into the water.
"YAH! OH SEHUN!" Baekhyun said. Sehun held up 3 fingers and counted down to one. When all fingers were down you came back up to the surface, glaring at Sehun.

"Oh. Se. Hun," you said. You ran towards him, Sehun ran away, laughing. Once you finally caught up to him, you pushed him into the ocean. You laughed at him, as did Chaemi. Sehun glared at his laughing girlfriend and chased her around the beach, as you watched them, laughing. Baekhyun watched you from afar. A tender smile appeared on his face. *You kept your promise. You're still smiling...*

****

Spending the whole afternoon and half of the evening at the beach, everyone finally moved to the amusement park that was just next to the beach. All of the boys split up into pairs or threes and ran all over the place, while you walked around with Baekhyun. Again, there was a wall of silence around you and Baekhyun. Once in a while, Baekhyun would glance at you. This time, he figured he had the chance to hold your hand. His hand inched towards yours. But then your hand moved away. Baekhyun sighed and slipped his hands into his pockets after he lost the chance. "Is there anything you want to do?" he asked, breaking the silence. You shook your head. He sighed once more, and his phone vibrated. He grabbed your wrist and put his tickets in your hand. "I figured that you want to be alone... Go on a ride or something, and I'll be with the others," he said and walked away.
You blinked at his actions. *For once, he wants to leave me alone...* You sighed and looked up. A dozens of lights in the sky shined above, you looked at the Ferris wheel and walked towards it.

You sat on the seat of the Ferris wheel and the ride started to move.

You and Baekhyun were alone. Baekhyun sighed and shook his head. You looked at him. "You're awfully quiet," you said to him.

He softly chuckled. "Kai was being annoying."
"More annoying than me?" you pouted.
He looked at you. "No, you're more annoying. You're still my annoying twerp," he said, almost in a nice way. You smiled in response. He smiled and looked up, seeing a Ferris wheel. He pointed at it. "Want to go on there?" You looked at him and nodded.

Soon, you both were on the Ferris wheel. The ride started moving. You looked up at the night sky. You gasped when you saw the stars and moon. Baekhyun also looked up and smiled. "Ooh! A shooting star!" you said and pointed at the sky. Right away, you put your hands together and closed your eyes, making a wish.
Baekhyun laughed. You looked at him. "What did you wish for?" he asked.
You looked at him and pretended to zip your mouth. "Secret!" you said. Baekhyun looked at you, making you uncomfortable. You blinked. "Can you please stop looking at me like that?"
"Same thing that I wanted to say, the other in the park when you kept looking at me," he said. "But I'm not going to stop until you tell me what you wished for."
You pouted and sighed. "Fine, I wished that Mr. Grumpy Bacon will forever have a smiling, happy face. Like for the past week," you said and smiled cutely.

Baekhyun couldn't help but smile. You looked at him. "What did Mr. Bacon wish for?" you asked.
He grinned and motioned you to come foreword. "...Secret," he said. You glared at him and pouted. "And there's nothing you can do to make me tell you," he said.

****

Baekhyun and you sat down on one of the seats of the Ferris wheel, soon, the ride started to move. Baekhyun sighed happily and held you close to him. "Like old times, except..." He turned around and looked at the couple behind him. Chaemi and Sehun waved at him. "They're following us..." He sighed and sank back in his seat. "I swear they're part dog. They keep following you around."

"You're just jelly~" you said. "They like me better than you~" You giggled. "Must be because you were a grumpy bacon towards  them before you even met me."
"That's a lie. Have you read Sehun's blogs? He says that he'll try his best to prevent me from hurting you, even.." He paused and looked at you. "You know what I mean!" he said nervously.
You shook your head. "At least I'm being protected at all times," you said.
Baekhyun sighed and nodded. "True."

You both looked at the sky. The sun was setting, the moon and stars was getting ready to come out. You rested your head on Baekhyun's shoulder and held his hand. "Just think, when we get married, no one can stop us from loving each other anymore," Baekhyun mumbled.
You looked at him. "What about now?"
He smiled and looked at you. "Even if there's anyone who's going to dislike you as my fiancée and/or my wife, I won't change my mind on our marriage. No matter how hard the person will do to separate us. That's why I want us to get married soon. We can be together, and no one can can break us apart by force. And the marriage license will prove it too." He grinned proudly.

"NOONA!" You and Baekhyun turned around and looked at the young couple. "When this ride is over! I'm riding with you!" Sehun shouted.

****

You sat there waiting for Baekhyun to come back. You looked around. "Noona," a little boy with a balloon said and shook your hand. You looked at him. He took your hand and made me take the balloon string. You blinked. He walked away. Soon, one by one, girls and boys had came over to you with balloons and flowers. You had collected them all. *What's with all of this?*

You looked up and saw someone standing in front of you. You looked up higher. "Baekhyun," you whispered. He softly smiled at you, slowly revealing a bouquets of flowers from his back. You looked at him, confused. Aesook walked beside Baekhyun. He suddenly kneeled down on one knee. Aesook walked up to you with a balloon string in , so you took the balloon string from her. At the very end of the the string, you saw a ring. You looked at Baekhyun. He smiled.

"Hyemi, it's been almost a year since we've dated. And I need to ask you this now...." he said.

The next 8 words were the words that I would remember for the rest of my life...

"I love you, Hyemi. Will you marry me?"

He gave you a smile. He sighed happily. "I know it's too soon for this, but I really want to be with you.. Forever."
You looked at him. You was truthfully touched with his words. And your words for him? "Yes. I will."
He grinned and took the ring off of the balloon and put the ring on your finger. You and Baekhyun looked at each other. He slowly leaned in and kissed you. Your eyes widen. You suddenly let go of the balloons and flowers, making the flowers fall to the ground and the balloons to float to the trees.
You smiled and kissed him back. *My dream boy. My Mr. Bacon. You will always be mine...*

You softly smiled at the memories, but sighed. *If only his mother didn't come back, or at least accept me for who I am, we wouldn't be in this mess...* The ride stopped. You looked up. *Ended so soon?* You got out of your seat and slowly walked off the ride.
"Noona!" A little boy ran up to you with a balloon. He held out his balloon string, you blinked and took it. Soon a girl came towards you, doing the same thing. One by one, more kids ran up to you with balloons.

Suddenly, it was as if everything stopped. People were walking around, singing, chatting, talking, but you heard none of those sounds, instead, you heard the sound of footsteps coming towards you. You looked up and came face to face with him.


Just in time. ouo An early update. I might finish this story in the next 2-4 updates. So, get popcorn and tissues ready. :3
I'll also be plotting the next story, starring the amazing leader, Suho, and OC. 8D