SIX - It Gets Confusing

Baby, Don't Cry

 

"Sehun-ah, I'm kinda busy right now." Kyungsoo said on his cellphone.

"But Luhan... he spoke to me at the park. I didn't know what to do so I ran."

Kyungsoo sighed, he really wanted to help Sehun but he's studying with Joonmyeon-hyung in a cafe and it's already getting late. "Calm down. I'll talk to you in a little while, Ok? I'll call you later. I promise."

Kyungsoo ended the call. Poor Sehun.

"Is everything alright?" Joonmyeon asked.

"Uh, yes. It's my friend. He just needs help on something."

"We can just continue this tomorrow if you want. I'll have nothing to do anyway now that the recital has ended."

"Oh, hyung, I wouldn't want to impose on you. I'm really grateful that you gave me your free time today."

"It's ok. As I said I'm mostly free until the end of the semester." Joonmyeon smiled at him.

"You don't know how much this means to me, hyung. Everybody knows you're on top of your class. I really need the help."

Kyungsoo was really thankful that his senior agreed to help him. He was really popular in the university for being talented and good looking as well. What Kyungsoo didn't expect was that Joonmyeon was also very kind.

"Nonsense. You really are talented, you know. I'm not really sure why you need my help." Joonmyeon laughed. "I think I just shed a few tears after hearing your work."

Kyungsoo blushed a little at the compliment.

"By the way, " Joonmyeon continued, "You were the one singing in your demos, right?"

"Uh, yes." Kyungsoo said.

"Your voice is really great. The pitch is amazing. Why didn't you go into Voice?"

Because I've got no one to sing to. Kyungsoo found it hard to answer. "It's the audience. I can never sing in public."

"Oh. A pity. But I'm keeping you with this pointless interview. Let's just meet each other again here tomorrow and continue."

"Thanks a lot, hyung. Really." Kyungsoo said gratefully.

 

After saying their goodbyes, Kyungsoo paused outside the cafe to call Sehun back. The boy was distressed but after a few calming words from Kyungsoo, he felt better. Kyungsoo thought he was being a little tough on Luhan, advising Sehun to resist for the meantime and all, but he thinks it will be worth it.

"But you know what the best part of today is?" Sehun asked.

"What?"

"When I was taking a selca, I managed to get a picture of Luhan, too!"

"Sehun-ah. Can you like grow up a little?" Kyungsoo asked exasperated.

"But I'm already tall." Sehun sounded confused.

"Please don't hang out with Chanyeol too much."

"But why?"

"You're starting to NOT THINK like him."

"You are mean." Sehun said with a small laugh.

"And don't hang out too much with Jongin, either."

"Because?"

"I can only handle one Jongin in my life. I don't need another one."

"Huh. Of course there's only one Jongin for you."

That wasn't quite what Kyungsoo meant but Sehun already said goodbye and ended the call even before Kyungsoo can protest.

His watch said that it was already nearing half past nine so Kyungsoo quickly walked to the bus stop to catch his ride. The ride home was uneventful and he was really looking forward to getting to the dorm soon to rest his tired muscles. His neck was paining him again, spending so much time hunched over the piano and his music sheets.

Kyungsoo let himself in to the darkened house. He didn't need to turn on the lights to navigate through it as it was small. He reached the kitchen where to his dismay, he found the sink full of dirty dishes. The trash bin was full to overflowing. Some cabinets were open. He can feel the nerves on his temples throb. He was going to mutilate that little devil into pieces so tiny he'll make fine sand look big.

He stomped towards Jongin's room ready to thrash the younger boy but he stopped when he saw the room was empty. Puzzled he looked at his watch again. It was10:35pm. Jongin never stays out this late.

Kyungsoo left the room and went to the small living area. He wasn't prepared for what he saw when he the lights. Jongin was sleeping on his side, his upper half slumped on the sofa while he the other is on the floor. Kyungsoo winced. It was not the most comfortable of positions. But then he noticed the coffee table in the middle of the room. In it was two dishes, two glasses- a simple meal set for two.

The spare arrangement can't begin to bring justice to the wreck in the kitchen and Kyungsoo couldn't help but laugh. Because this was Jongin and eveything he is is a disaster.

Kyungsoo knelt beside his non-friend and lifted the lid of the pot on the table. He should've known. In it was instant noodles. He smothered another laugh with his hand. But the laugh suddenly turned into a small sob. He shifted to look at Jongin.

Because no one will know, Kyungsoo laid his hand on Jongin's temple and pushed a few strands of hair away from his face. He traced the sleeping boy's thick eyebrow with his thumb.

"Don't do this, Jongin." Kyungsoo whispered sadly.

 

 

 

 

Jongin woke up with stiff muscles everywhere. Now he knew the reason why nobody should ever sleep in the sofa. He groaned as he stood up to head for the bathroom. He can hear Kyungsoo move inside his room and what he did last night came back to him.

He turned to look at the coffee table but no sign of food or anything was on it. He went to the kitchen to find it clean as always. Breakfast was already set on the dining table. He tiptoed his way across Kyungsoo's door careful not to be heard so he can take a shower and dress before the short guy unleashes his wrath on him.

He didn't mean to fall asleep without cleaning everything up but cooking was tiring, man. Nevermind that it was just instant noodles. All that waiting for the water to heat and the confusing three-step-direction at the back of the packet, whew, it required all the muscles he can spare.

He finished dressing and preparing for school but Jongin was still nervous to go outside knowing the princess will ask for his head. But hey, he should be indignant, too. He cooked all that food and Kyungsoo didn't even go home early so they can eat together. It was probably a good thing for Kyungsoo's part cause he would've been in the hospital by now if he so much as touch the food last night. But still, why did he come home so late?

Jongin was still mustering all the courage he can get when he heard Kyungsoo call out from the living room. "You know you can't hide forever so might as well come out!"

Sighing, Jongin pasted a confident smile on his face and went out of his room to face the princess or more like the dragon guarding the castle.

"Okay, okay. No need to be angry here. It's a beautiful day. Let's start the day right, ok?" Jongin said barely realizing that both his hands were held up as if he was afraid. Which actually, he is.

"I'm not angry. Who's angry? Are you angry?" Kyungsoo asked with a raised brow. Jongin began to sweat.

"So were... okay?"

"Of course. But before you go, can you read this first please?" Kyungsoo handed Jongin a piece of paper.

"What is this? Is this a bill?" Jongin asked, shocked. "₩250,000 for services rendered?!"

"Yes. I demand to get the payment as soon as possible."

"Are you kidding?!"

"No. But in light with all the cleaning I did last night. I think that's fair." Kyungsoo said smugly.

"This is, as you know, ridiculous." Jongin frowned. He turned and disappeared for a while but when he returned he was holding a piece of paper which he infront of Kyungsoo's face. The older guy snatched it up and read.

"What? You're charging me ₩200,000 for the food? That wasn't even food. It tasted so awful. How can somebody kill food that way? And instant noodles isn't even a living thing to begin with..." Kyungsoo sputtered.

"Wait. You ate it?" Jongin asked, amazed.

"It was there wasn't it? I thought you cooked it for us. I never knew you wanted to murder me with it. No wonder you didn't touch your bowl." Kyungsoo crossed his arms across his chest.

But Jongin let all the insults pass by him. Kyungsoo actually ate the food he cooked. He felt himself smile dopily.

"What are you smiling about?" Kyungsoo said looking disgruntled.

"Nothing. So since you charged me ₩250,000 and I charged you ₩200,000, we can just balance it off. I owe you ₩50,000."

Kyungsoo held out his hand. "So out with it."

"But I'll be shouldering the medical bill when you're stomach gets upset after what you ate last night, so I should just keep it first." Jongin smiled widely.

"I ask myself yet again why I bother to talk to you." Kyungsoo directed his gaze heavenwards.

"And yet again I answer, because thy princess can not resist thy prince's charms." Jongin said with a bow.

Kyungsoo sighed. " But what happens when I miraculously don't get hospitalized?"

"Then your highness, we'll put it to good use. Trust me."

"I was afraid you'd say that."

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: woot.. probably a lot unsubscribed after this. This was sooo difficult to write.. Idk.

Still, ill appreciate to hear what u think about it.. the next chapters will be quite gruelling for me. But that's just me. Im melodramatic..XD