Morning After

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

 

The rest of EXO came the following morning. They were already informed by Teddy that Sunmi has finally woke up. They brought with them food, flowers and an extra hyper Happy Virus.

They were all smiles when they entered the room but got irritated upon seeing Kai asleep beside her. “Aaaiissshhh!” Kris scowled and immediately yanked him off the bed.

Kai landed on the floor rubbing his . “HYUNG!!!”

“What?!” he stuck his toungue to him and sat beside Sunmi who just started to rub her eyes. “Good morning, princess!” he beamed.

“Good morning Sunmi!!!” Chanyeol grinned while the rest of them gathered around her bed and Kai sat on the other side.

She instantly grabbed the blanket with her right hand and cowered in it. “Good morning…” she croaked.

Kris tried to pull it away but she held on to it. “ANDWAE!!!” she squealed.

“Wae? What’s wrong?” Luhan stood across her bed.

“You can’t see me like this! Go back next week when the swelling fades!” she bit her lip inside the sheets.

“Yah Sunmi! You’re still pretty with all those bruises. Don’t worry about it, okay?” Luhan blurted.

She lowered the blanket up to her nose and peeked to them. They were waving and smiling to her so she couldn’t resist them. “Fine!” she sighed and placed the blanket back down to her waist.

“Uwaaaa~ Sunmi! The corpse bride ain’t got nothing on you.” Chanyeol added.

“Opppaaa~” her lips curled towards Suho and he immediately smacked Chanyeol’s head. “OW! I was just kidding. Pft!”

“Komawo!” she beamed and saw Baekhyun holding a box of pizza. “Is that for me?” she her lips.

“Aanniiii!” Baekhyun sang and placed the box in front of Sungmin who was playing with DO. They ate right away while Kris raised a bowl to her. “Now this… is for you!” he removed the lid and her face fell.

“Hell ing no! I am so not eating that!” she scoffed at the congee.

Kris took out a spoon and poked her head with it. “Stop whining and eat!” she rubbed the spot and open . “Good girl!” Kris smiled and fed her.

While they all ate, Kris called his brother. “Didi! Come here for a sec!” and Tao left the couch.

“Sunmi-ah, this is my step brother, Huang Zitao!”

“Ni hao!” he bowed. “Oh! I know that!” she mused. “Annyeong haseyo!” she bowed as well but Tao was just sheepishly smiling to her.

“He’s the silent type…” Kris added and continued feeding her.

After finishing breakfast, DO decided to take Sungmin to Lotte World together with Tao and Baekhyun. “You guys be careful, okay?” she patted DO’s arm.

“We will!” he replied and she ruffled her brother’s hair. “Have fun, dongsaeng!”

“I will, noona. We’ll go now!” he puckered his lips and she stooped to kiss him.

Kai poked her arm after. “What about me?” he pouted and she glared at him. “I thought so…” he scratched his nape.

Suho, Chanyeol, Luhan slumped on the couch when Kai’s dad suddenly came with hands behind his back. “Annyeong haseyo, abeoji!” they bowed and looked at Sunmi.

She was mortified upon seeing his intimidating aura and gripped onto her boyfriend’s hand. “It’s gonna be fine.” he mouthed and pinched her cheek.

Kris and the three boys left. The gray haired man in black suit approached them and took out a bunch of red roses from behind. “This is for you, Sunmi-shi!”

“E-Ehhh? For me?” she pointed a finger to her chest and he nodded. Sunmi took the flowers and slowly bowed to him. “Kamsahmnida sajangnim.”

“No need to call me that. Abeoji will do!” he smiled.

‘What the hell? I swear, being bipolar runs in the family. Kyaaaa~’ she thought and glanced at Kai who smiled with his eyes to her. “Y-Ye.” she bowed again.

Kai’s dad cleared his throat and fixed his tie. “I just wanted to apologize for everything that I did and say to you. Jesunghamnida Sunmi-shi…” he bowed 90 degrees. “…and from the bottom of my heart thank you for what you did to my son. I will forever be indebted to you.”

‘Uwaaa~ I think the world is about to end.’ she stared at him wide eyed and Kai had to squeeze her hand.

“Oh! Ermmm… Don’t mention it, sajang… I mean abeoji.” she smiled shyly.

“I’ll take my leave, then. Get well soon Sunmi-shi.” he bowed and went out the door.

Her eyes never left the door with jaws that could almost reach the floor. “Sunmi-ah, snap out of it!”

“I can’t ing believe this! It’s the father demon himself.” she cocked her head to the side.

“Well, he ain’t a demon no more just like me. Kekeke~” he chuckled.

“Says who? You’re still evil, Jongin!” she smirked.

“MWOH?” he sneered and threatened to lunge on her. “Andwae!” she placed both hands on his chest.

Kai smiled and softly embraced her instead. “Aigooo~ I’m the happiest guy on earth right now! Mmmm…” he rubbed her back and swayed as they hug.

He pulled away and suddenly planted his lips on her cheeks. “Sorry but I have to do this.” he muttered.

“Fine!” she hissed and he placed his hand on another cheek to pressed it further to him. “Yah! I look like a duck now! Enough already!” she protested.

“SHIREO!” Kai kept his lips on her cheek and the boys came.

“Oppaaa!” she flailed her right arm towards Suho but Kai hugged her from the side.

“Miahnae Sunmi-ah… I’m too tired to help you.” he snickered and slumped on the couch.

“Seems like we’re gonna have to deal with all these mushy feels starting today. Blech!” Chanyeol cringed.

----------

Sunmi managed to make it with a scar on her chest until graduation and a special bonus of having EXO's resident bad boy as her boyfriend. Kris remained by her side and supported his bestfriend together with the rest of EXO.

Life was never easy on her but having the people whom she loved the most is one of the million reasons she have to keep on fighting and living. After all, It's not how tragically we suffer but how miracously we live.

 

~ FIN ~