In Dreams

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

Kai took the remaining gun from his back and shot Kenji. “GO STRAIGHT TO HELL, YOU PIECE OF !!!” he snarled and emptied the magazine on him. After tossing the gun aside, his heart fell in the deepest pit of his stomach upon feeling Sunmi’s fingers slip from his hands. A chilling gust of cold wind passed through his face almost leaving him frozen. She dropped on her knees and he caught her right before hitting the floor face first.

“Oh God! Andwae! NO! !!!” Kai panicked after seeing blood leak out of a hole on Sunmi’s chest. Even if his hands were hystericcally trembling, he forced to press it against the wound. She arched her back at the burning pain and pressed her lips together while groaning. “!” she gritted her teeth.

Kris lowered Sehun and made him lean against the wall to rush to there side. “Sunmi-ah! Don’t ing even think of leaving us. I swear to God, Sunmi… I’m gonna hate you for it, if you do!”

“I guess it’s my turn to be your angel now…” she smiled with her eyes to him.

“NO! I don’t want to! Shireo!” but she just ignored Kris.

“Goddamnit Sunmi! Why did you do it? Huh?” Kai shook her after her eyelids started to drop.

Sunmi managed to open her eyes after taking a long painful breath. She then raised her shaking hands to his face and Kai winced upon feeling her cold touch. “Babo! What do you *gasp* think? Aish~” she scowled.

He stared at her wide eyed. “Y-You love me?” and she his cheek with a thumb. “Duh…” she coughed and heaved another breath. “Are you really insensitive or just playing stupid? *gasp* Well, in case you haven’t noticed, *gasp* I fell in love with you when you swept me off my feet with that stupid dance.” Sunmi wheezed after that long talk.

She reached out a hand to Kris and he took it. “Miahnae… Jongin was too much of a sweet talker and good dancer than you.” she chuckled but a wheeze that was painful to there ears came out.

“I don’t give a anymore! You can get married for I all care! Just stay, Sunmi! Just ing, STAY!!!” Kris gripped her hand.

“I’ll try…” she whispered.

As much as Kai wants to rejoice upon knowing her love for him, he can’t. She was dying in his arms, slowly drifting away from his grasp.

“Don’t give up, Sunmi! PLEASSEEE! I beg you!”

“Take care of Sungmin, okay? Love and cherish him like your own brother!” she pleaded.

“NO! You do it! You do a better job than all of us combined!” Kai shook her once again.

Sunmi arched her back to catch her final air and clinged onto Kai’s face. “Sa… Saranghae Kim Jongin…” and she passed.

----------

It's been a week since the incident. Sehun was laid to rest in a hilltop overlooking Seoul. EXO was completely devastated and were all in hiatus. They didn't attend school and mostly stayed at home.

Kai was the worst among all of them. His eyes were puffy with dark circles underneath them, his cheeks sunk, lips were chapped, and could hardly fix his hair. He was completely gaunt. Grief, as they say it can cause a person to double in age and wither the body.

----------

He drove to Incheon and stopped in front of a familiar gravesite. Same withering trees, cool air with a breath of roses, butterflies in yellow and white surrounded him. He walked on a dirtpath while clutching three bouquets of white roses and stopped in front of what is now three marble markers. He bent to place a flower on each of them and sat in front of the last one that read:

‘Your love we will never forget and the hurt will ease in time. Oh Sun Mi 1993 – 2012’

Kai leaned against it and hugged his knees to his chest. He sunk his face between his arms and wept. “Sunmi-ah, I miss you so much! You're the reason I live, you're the reason I keep going. How do you expect me to go on, huh?” his body no longer has the power to produce tears but he cried louder. “If there’s one thing I want right now, is to have a glimpse of you and hear your voice, just this once…”

Then a beautiful goddess with creamy, milk colored skin and flawless complexion walked towards him. Her hair falls with soft curls on the end down her back, flowing smoothly as the Han river in the wind and eyes were blue as the morning sky. She has indeed a very admirable beauty and her long white dress that draped on the ground complimented the serenity on her face.

She stopped in front of him and kneeled. "Jonginnie..." she softly spoke. He slowly raised his head up and squinted his eyes on her. "S-Sunmi?" and she smiled. "Yes it's me... Why are you like this? I'm not happy seeing you this way!" she added while caressing his cheeks. He suddenly hugged her and closed his eyes to cherish the moment. "Take me with you, please! I can't live without you!' he whispered.

Sunmi gently pulled away and cupped his face. "Sshhh... Don't talk like that. Your dad needs you. Sungmin needs you. Be strong, Jongin! From now until forever, I’ll always love you... Always remember that!" she stood and glided as she leaves. Kai instantly followed her but she disappered out of nowhere. "Sunmi-ah, come back! Don't go! Don't leave me!" He begged while running around looking for her and tripped on a rock. Kai fell on the ground and reached out a hand to where she vanished. “Andwaaeee!!!” he cried.

----------

“Hyung! Hyung! Wake up!” Sungmin sat crossed leg on Sunmi’s hospital’s bed and frantically shook Kai. “Hyuuunnng! You’re having a nightmare again…”

Kai woke up and wiped his tears. “Miahnae… Did Sunmi noona, wake up already?” he croaked and held her hand again.

“Not yet…” Sungmin pouted.

“Don’t worry, dongsaeng… Sleeping beauty will wake up in no time!” Kai faked a smile to him.

“You should keep kissing her then!” he beamed.

Kai quickly stood and pecked her torn lips. “There… Get better babe!” he whispered.

Sunmi slipped into a coma, vegetative state at that and it was just a miracle that she made it to the hospital. The bullet almost curved around her heart, within a centimeter or two of hitting a major blood vessel, it could have killed her in less than two minutes.