We Are One

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

The room is silent and much more intense. They could hear a water drop from a faucet in a nearby washroom. Bullets of sweat dripped on the side of their faces and the hanging pendant light swang with their heavy breathings.

Kris stood in between Sehun and Kai near the door while Kenji stood acroos them with one guard behind him and another on his side clutching onto Sunmi’s neck. They were in a staring contest trying to size each other up. Sehun glued his gaze on Sunmi who’s cheeks were puffing from panting hard while her lids drop everytime she chokes.

She averted her eyes to the guns on the floor and back up to Kai’s. He shook his head softly but clenched her fists as she gathered all her strength. After a deep heave of breath, Sunmi drained it all to kick Kenji behind his knee... then all hell broke loose.

All in one motion they crouch, draw, point, and fire. Waves of hell and bullets blasted towards each other. The banging and defeaning sound of the fire repeats and rattles their bones while a gust of warm air from the shockwave touched their skins with a smell of sulfur.

A bullet from Kris blazes and zings through the air to implant itself directly into a guard’s forehead and dropped Sunmi on the floor. Sehun’s instincts took over and crawled to untie and shield her. Another bullet from Kai bored a whole to the other guard’s neck.

With all the adrenaline rush overflowing, time stood still and the world stopped turning. They were all frozen like in a still photograph. Kenji was on his knees and held at gunpoint by Kris and Kai. The two guards laid lifeless on the floor while Sehun managed to end up on top of Sunmi.

“S-Sehun-ah…” she stuttered while holding his face.

“Hey…” he smiled but she suddenly felt a warm thick fluid seeping through her hoodie. “! I think I’m shot!” she winced.

“B-Babo! It’s not you… It’s me…” he whispered and rolled to the side. Her eyes widened when Sehun clutched his chest. Blood slipped through his fingers and the color on his face drained. “Oh God! No! NO! Noooo~” her lips quivered. Sunmi forgot all the pain she got from the beatings and pulled him onto her lap. “Baby… You’re gonna be okay… We’ll take you to the hospital…” she his sweaty bangs.

“YES! At least one of them managed to bring one of you down!” Kenji praised and pointed at the guards.

“ YOU!” Kai hit his face with the back of his gun and shot his knees. “You’re gonna die a slow and painful death! Mother er!” and Kenji fell face first on the floor.

“Go help them, Jongin! I’ll take care of this scumbag!” Kris nodded towards Sunmi.

Kai kneeled on the other side of them and lowered his gun on the floor. “Bro, hang in there! We’ll bring you to the hospital!” he stood but Sehun held his arm. The bullet apparently ricocheted around his chest like a pinball and finally lodged in his spine. It was like being shot three times or more and every breath was a like a knife slitting his lungs. “I won’t make it… Just let me stay here and be with you guys.” Kai stood and punched the wall until his fist bled. “Goddamnit!!! Sehun, does not ing deserve this!” he cried and pressed his forehead on the wall after he got tired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-tG7Mtabpc

Sehun took her hand and laced their fingers together. He pressed them against his chest to ease the bleeding and excruciating pain. Her touch and smile became his morphine when every nerve in his body is being lit on fire. “Told you I’ll do anything for you…” he softly smiled.

She pressed her lips on his forehead. “I know that already, Sehun! That’s why you didn’t have to do this, DAMN IT!” she muttered and tears started streaming down her face. “Sehun-ah… You promised you'll never leave me… You promised!” she stammered and wept.

“Baby, look at me…” she looked down on him and stared deep in each other’s eyes. “I did! I will never leave you coz I’m always in here.” he released her hand and poked her chest. “And I’m happy coz God kept his end of the bargain after I asked him to let me be with you until my last breath…”

“Stop talking babe! You’re gonna ing make it! I’m getting you outta here!” she forced herself to stand but Sehun held her hand tighter to his chest. “Stop being stubborn just this once! *gasp* Let me enjoy, please?” he pleaded and coughed.

It hurts sseing him drifting away, much less looking into his eyes, it doesn't hold that sparkle or personality it used to have. Her heart is dying with him as he slips through her fingers. She watched the light fade out of his eyes, his hands growing cold and stone-like in her grasp.

Sehun forced himself to stay awake and fought the heavy boulders crushing his chest when stillness took over his body. “I may not be there on your wedding day, or to eat your eggrolls, or walk you and Sungmin home, but I will always be here, okay?”

Her tears were like waterfalls, it has no plans of stopping. “Of course babe, you’re my creepy stalker, remember?” and they smiled.

Sehun suddenly cried for his last request. “Can I kiss you?” and she softly nodded.

He raised his bloody hand to hold her face and she lowered her lips to his. Unlike his cold touch, his lips were amazingly warm. It’s the same lips that eased her pains, same warmth from there first kiss, same feeling when they felt what love truly is. Their tears flowed as one and his lips trembled but the kiss kept him alive. His breathing were at pace and the butterflies kept his heart afloat.

Sunmi tilted her head for another deep and dizzying kiss and it left them breathless. She pulled away and leaned her forehead on his. Sehun her face while memorizing her for the last time. He pinned an image of her mesmerizing doe eyes, pink supple lips, well shaped nose in his brain. “You’re beautiful baby!” he winced.

Sehun’s lids dropped but Sunmi shook him. “Sehun-ah! NOOO! Baby, please! Don’t do this to me!!!” and looked around. “JONGIN!!! KRIS!!!” she wept.

Kai went back to their side and Sehun reached out a hand to him. “Bro! Take care of Sunmi for me. Don’t let something like this happen again. She might not take it anymore. You know how she is right?” he groaned and they gripped their hands.

“We will ALL take care of her! YOU, will take care of her!!!” he gritted his teeth.

“Sehun-ah! Shut the up! I’ll take you to the hospital!” Kris moved to lift him up but Sehun grabbed his arm. “Hyung, don’t *gasp* make it harder *gasp* for me…”

“Goddamnit bro! Keep breathing, cmon!” Kris sneered.

“I love all of my hyungs! You’ve done so much for me and I will forever be grateful… I’m proud to be a part of EXO…” he then raised his fist towards then. “We are one…” he gasped. Kris and Kai cried as they pounded their fists with him.

Sehun drained his remaining strength to hold the prettiest and warmest face his hands laid upon while Sunmi leaned her forehead on his. “I love you so much, Oh Sunmi!” he whispered with eyes closed.

“I love you more, Sehun!” she sobbed and he let go his last breath. “Baby… Wake up… Sehun, wake up!” Sunmi pressed his cold body against her chest and rested her cheek on his forehead. “I’m gonna miss you so much babe!” she cried and waited for him to wake up to tell her to stop crying, but he never did.

Kai moved to Sunmi’s side and placed an arm around her shoulder. He was left speechless and could only comfort her with his sincere actions. ‘I may not give you what Sehun can but I can love you as much as he did!’

They can see Sehun’s body but there's nothing there, like his soul has been emptied from his head. It's hard to process that they’ll never hear him speak again, smile again, laugh again, they’ll never see him do anything, it's like Sehun became a fragment of their imagination and their memories of him became a dream.

Kris piggybacked Sehun while Kai supported an almost lifeless Sunmi. They started walking out of the room and she took a final glance at the bloody scene. Two guards were dried out of there blood while Kenji laid beaten. Her eyes grew big when a gun pointed towards Kai. “NOOO!” she shouted and another sets of banging vibration rang through the room.