Sharing Pains

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

“ing piece of ! Who does he think he is? God?” curses came out of your mouth while pacing around the room. “And he should marry that brown haired giant. They both deserve each other! ing douches! URGGH!!!” raising your fists in the air after.

After calming down, you removed your vest and apron and stuffed it to your backpack and gently carried Sungmin.

Sehun remained in the bar and saw you making your way out the back door.

A couple of vehicles pass by while the street is empty. Light posts guided your way to your apartment and your pace is slow making sure not to wake Sungmin.

Sehun managed to catch up and walked beside you.

“Sorry about that. They just had a few drinks.” he said.

“That’s bull! I can tell the difference between someone who is sober and “had a few drinks”… And stop apologizing for your friends, they will do it again and again anyway. Bad habits are hard to break, y’know?!” you hissed making Sungmin groan. “Mianhae...” you whispered and his back.

Sehun's heart raced upon looking at a scrawny girl that glowed while carrying a sleeping boy in her arms. A girl that can hardly withstand a tray of beers yet manages to carry her brother with ease. There are no traces of exhaustion or fatigue on her face, just unconditional love and affection. ’Sunmi-ah, let me share your pain…’

“I'll carry him instead. You must be tired already after all that drama.”

You suddenly stopped walking when his strong and buffed arms slowly yanked Sungmin and carefully carried him like a baby on his stern shoulders.

You literally felt a huge weight has been lifted off of you. It’s been years already that you carry Sungmin home yet never complained even if he’s getting heavier as time goes by. His presence has that magical effect of easing your sufferings.

Sungmin draped his arms around Sehun’s shoulder and remained asleep.

“I think he likes you…” you whispered.

“But of course! I’m Sehun of EXO. Who wouldn’t like me?” he bragged while you rolled your eyes.

“What’s up with your group and cockiness? It just comes out naturally. Geez!” you scoffed. “By the way, he drools!” and chuckled.

“MWOH?!” he yelled.

“Yah! Keep it down!” you then nudged him on the side.

Both of you continued walking and stopped in front of an old apartment complex. “Well, this is my stop. Let me have Su…” and he interrupted.

“No, I’ll carry him up to his room.” he ordered.

“But you already carried him all the way here. It’s okay, I’ll take him from here…” you raised both hands to get him but he refused.

“Exactly! Might as well finish what I started. Now go and lead the way.”

“But your friends might be looking for you already…”

“They can wait. Now go!” he slightly pushed you to the main entrance of the building. “Stubborn fool!” you mumbled.

“I heard that!” he smirked.

Sehun trailed from behind while you led him up the stairs since the elevator has not been working for the last ten years.

“Does this building have an elevator?” he asked and you shook your head. ‘After all these years of carrying Sungmin, she had to walk up the stairs as well? Aish! This girl!’

“Starting tonight, I will carry this little booger every time you come home. Araseo?” he blurted.

“EEHH???” You suddenly stop and faced him. He was serious. He had that same face when he offered friendship to you during lunch.

“Why are you being nice to me all of a sudden?”

He walked up a few steps to meet your eyes. “Technically, I was being nice to you since 2nd grade. I just didn’t show it that much… Secondly, that’s what friends do, being nice to each other without being asked. Got it?” he smiled.

You heaved a sigh and continued walking then stopped in front of a white door. You opened your arms so he can move Sungmin over to you but he shook his head and signaled to open the door.

“Ugh! You’re killing me Sehun!” but he just smiled and walked passed you after opening the door. He looked around checking every corner with lips pressed together.

“Uwaaa~ My bathroom is bigger than your house…” he blurted and your jaw dropped.

“You don’t have to rub it in! Jerk!” you pouted and held your chest.

He walked closer to you and lifted your chin with his free hand. “But I’d rather live here. I’ll trade everything in our cold and lonely house to be here. I swear!”

Sehun is known to be a free spirited guy and the nicest among EXO. You know for a fact that his parents are always abroad but being wealthy covered all his flaws and longingness.

“Well, you’re welcome here anytime you like. Just don’t rearrange some stuffs and I hate clutter!” you forced a smile.

“YESSS!” he yelled.

“Sshhh! Keep it down.” you whispered and he glanced to Sungmin who is still asleep.

You led him to the bedroom and he gently lowered Sungmin, pulling a blanket over him after.

Both of you stood in front of the apartment as he is about to leave. “My friends are nice actually. I wouldn’t stick around with them if they’re not…” he spoke and you smirked.

“Seriously, EXO is not a group of guys who just loves to party, get wasted, play around with girls and make Oh Sunmi’s life a living hell. Remember, every villain has a good side too. They just wait for the right person to show it.

 “Whatever Dr. Phil! But I won’t bet my on it though…”

“Yah! Having friends is not a crime but I won’t force you to like them… I’ll always be here for you anyways!”

You softened at his words and it removed all your doubts about his intentions. Sehun is someone you can finally call a friend.

“Komawo. It really means a lot…” you reached out a hand for a handshake but as he touched your hand, he pulled you towards him for a hug. You gave in to his warmth and wrapped your arms around his back.

“I think I should go now…” he whispered. “I think so too. EXO might really make my life a living hell.” you chuckled and broke apart.

----------

Back in the club, EXO has been quiet after the argument. Kai sat in the innermost part of the booth, drowning himself in alcohol together with Suho and Baekhyun. Kris sat with a leg over another and arms crossed on his chest. His eyes are glaring blankly at the table and it could bore a massive hole through it anytime soon while Chanyeol is on the dance floor grinding with a girl.

Sehun suddenly came looking overjoyed. “Wassup everybody?” he greeted. Baekhyun stood but fell right back from being too drunk. “Yaaaah~ Where d-did you go? W-Why so happy?” he slurred.

He crossed both legs on the table while his hands clasped behind his head after he sat on the edge of the couch. “I took Sunmi home!” he grinned.

“MWOH?!” Suho stood after but fell as well. Kai lunged at him but he was too drunk to succeed and all he could do is shot him a death glare.

Kris, who haven’t drank the whole night was the one who managed to grabbed Sehun by the collar.

“What?” Sehun asked with a smirk on his face.

“Do you like her?” he hissed.

“What’s in it for you? Why, do YOU like her? Last time I checked you never even noticed her.” he retaliated while emphasizing the word.

“Answer the damn question!” His grip tightened and Kris looked like he’s about to mark the end of their friendship.

“I like her as friend. But you’ll never know, I might just like her more than that in a few days. She’s an amazing girl, I tell ya!”

Kris released him and started to leave but Sehun stood in front of him. “You like her don’t you?” he smirked.

“Move! Or I will wipe that smirk off your ing face!”

Sehun raised both hands in the air to surrender and made way for him with a smile from ear to ear.