The Real Deal

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

“Wait… Hold up! What are you talking about?” Kris got fully awakened.

“Dad sent me to tell you that he got some information about Kenji.” Tao then placed a hand on his shoulder. “Gege, he is out to get you and Jongin!”

Kris felt like a bomb just exploded in his chest. He clenched his fists and lightly taps his forehead with it. “! I knew it! It’s him all along…”

“Gege! Dad thinks he’s after the girl you hang out with…” Tao added.

“W-What? How did he know?” his brows furrowed.

“He knew from the very start that Kenji would eventually get back at you so he had him followed. And yesterday, dad got a tip that he’s here… He’s going after her!”

Kris suddenly felt as if being paralyzed in his sleep.  It’s like a dream in a full state of consciousness and unable to move anything other than his eyes. “No! This can’t be! Noooo!” and he snapped. “! Sunmi!” and he jumped off his bed.

After taking a shower and changing into some casual clothes, Kris and Tao went to Sunmi’s apartment in his Maserati. His eyes bored through the windshield and stepped on the gas pedal as hard as he could, not even minding the traffic lights. He swerved on the expressway when shifting lanes just to reach in time.

The car skidded to a stop as it reached the building. They sprinted on their way in and hurdled a couple of steps on the stairs. Kris increased his pace upon reaching the 3rd level and ran through the hallway.

His heart raced upon seeing the door halfway open. The doorknob was hanging and the top hinge could almost fall off. ‘Oh God! NO!’ he then pushed the door.

Kris stopped and Tao bumped into him from behind. There eyes grew big at the ransacked scene. It’s as if a tornado flew back and forth. The couch and table has been flipped. Picture frames crashed on the floor. The TV has been smashed. Torn magazines and newspapers were scattered everywhere.

Kris ran to the bedroom and his knees gave up right away. It was empty and much worse than the living room. The window was broken. Curtains were ripped. Pillows and sheets are all over the place. If only blood was present, a massacre would’ve completed the gory sight.

“! Oh no! NO! NOOOOO!” he bit his knuckles. The adrenaline of being scared and threatened was overwhelming that he dropped his phone when his hands trembled uncontrollably. “GODDAMNIT!!!” he hissed.

Tao came and knelt in one leg beside him. “Calm down gege… You need to get a hold of yourself!” he helped his brother up and made him sit on the edge of the bed. “Let me get that! I’ll call your friends instead!” he took his phone but Kris blocked him.

“No, let’s go to Jongin’s house!” Kris took a deep breath and stood. “I’ll get you, mother er!” he snarled and they stormed out of the house.

Before he drove off, Kris sent EXO a message. ‘Sunmi and Sungmin are missing. Let’s meet up at Jongin’s house! I’m on my way now!’

He tossed his phone on the dashboard and sped off.  It’s like a light switch has been pushed somewhere in him that volcanoes pounded behind his eyes and hot rage burned his veins. He wanted nothing more than to destroy, tear, and kill. He hit the steering wheel with his balling fist while Tao hanged on to the seatbelt. “Gege! Take it easy or we’ll end up dying before you can even save her…” but he ignored him and drove more recklessly.

As they near the estate, Kai was already waiting for them by the main entrance pacing with arms crossed on his chest. The maserati left tire marks on the ground after it stopped. Kai immediately rushed to meet Kris after he closed the door and grabbed his arm. “Hyung! Are you serious! This is a joke, right?”

“It’s not! That ing piece of got her, Jongin! Damn it! I'm so stupid!” he then kicked a tire.

Just as they were about to get in the mansion, six sportscars paraded through the driveway and Sehun was the first one to arrive. He ran up to them with eyebrows knitted close together in thought and a blank expression. “H-Hyung! W-What’s going on?” he stuttered.

Kris held his shoulder. “Sunmi has been taken…”

“Mwoh?!” Sehun just got his life by a dementor. The color on his face drained. His hands flew to cover his mouth and remained frozen. His legs won't do as they’re told and he can't walk or run away from the situation. “NO, hyung! Nooo!!!” he shook his head. “Not her! Not my Sunmi, please! Andwae!!!” he dropped his head on Kris shoulder.

“Sehun-ah, don’t worry, okay? I’ll get her myself! I promise!” he patted his back.

The rest of the boys ran up to them as well. “Hyung! Any news about her?” Suho asked and Kris shook his head.

Luhan saw Tao and hugged him. “Didi! You’re here! When did you arrive?”

“Just this morning.” he smiled.

Kris came to Tao as well and placed an arm around his shoulder. “Guys, this is my step brother, Tao! Didi, meet your hyungs!”

Tao shook their hands and exchanged bows. “Nice to finally meet all of you!”

“The pleasure is all ours!” Baekhyun blurted.

Kai then interrupted them. “Let’s get in! We need to figure this out as soon as possible! Gaja!”

They huddled around the spaceous living room. Two long couches faced each other with matching glass table. A grandeous chandelier soared on top of them and they were surrounded by expensive antiques and ornaments.

The maid served them lunch while they talked. Kris sat in the middle, Kai was pacing behind them and Sehun sat with his elbows on his knees pinching his brows together.

“Hyung! You walked her home last night, right? Did you notice something suspicious?” DO asked Kris.

“Nope! Everything seemed normal. I even locked the door for her coz she was too tired already to leave their room!”

Then Teddy suddenly came running to them. “Kris! What happened? Is it true?”

The boys all stood and bowed to him. “Yes hyung! I went to her apartment this morning and it was turned upside down!”

“Goddamnit Kris! How can you be so careless? Look what happened! !” Teddy pointed a finger to him while the other hand was on his waist.

“Miahnada hyung! I’m really sorry…”

Teddy took a deep breath and cocked his head to the side. “Wait! Hold up! What about Sungmin? Don’t ing tell me they got him as well!”

The boys looked at each other warily and he knew right away. “Oh God! SHIITT!!” he hissed. “I’m gonna go ahead. I’ll try to ask help from some friends…” he added and faced Kris. “Text me everything you know about that Kenji guy! I’ll ing skin him alive if I see him!”

“Neh!” and they all stood once again to bow before he left.

Right after Teddy stepped out of the main door, Kai’s phone rang.

“Yawbosehyo? *Why hello there, Jongin!* says a very excited and lively voice.

“Who’s this?” and the boys watched him. *Awww~ My dear friend. Tsk! How can you forget me? I’m clearly disappointed...* and sighed.