Watch Your Back

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

Weeks have passed and life with EXO flowed smoothly except that you and Kai grew closer. You find yourself in a constant state of bliss whenever you talk to him. You think about him all the time and can't wait to see him again. You giggle at his simplest silliness. All these emotions made you realize that you are officially smitten with EXO’s bad boy. ‘Oh Lord, why him? Kill me now! Waaaa!’ you pouted while clasping your hands on your chest and looking at the ceiling.

“Sunmi-ah, what sin did you commit this time?” Baekhyun asked during lunch.

You snapped back and saw all of them staring at you confusingly. “Ehh??? Uhhh??? Nothing…” you faked a smile and continued eating.

Kai who sat beside you suddenly placed an arm around shoulder. “Aigooo, Sunmi. You’re really such a bad liar.” he chuckled.

You shivered at his touch. Your hands flinched making you drop your chopsticks. Your stomach whirled with your dizziness and your face turned red and hot. You placed both palms on your cheeks and lightly slaps it. ‘Stop it! You’re being too obvious!’

“Are you sick?” Sehun asked and touched your forehead with back of his hand.

“AISH! MOLLA!” you stood and stomped to the couch.

“What the???” Baekhyun wondered and Sehun shrugged.

“It must be that time of the month…” Chanyeol mused while raising his finger in the air and they all snickered.

Sehun stood and sat beside you. He placed an arm on the back rest while you instantly moved to your side and placed an arm on his waist. “Sehun-ah…” you pouted.

He lifted your chin up and your cheek with a thumb. “Wae? What’s wrong with you? Are you okay?”

“It’s nothing… I’m okay…” and looked back down.

“Hey... Since when did you start hiding things from me?” he sulked and pressed his lips on your head.

“It’s just that…” you hesitated while the hem of his jacket.

His arm dropped on your shoulder and lifted your chin again. “What’s on your mind, babe? Tell me… Please?”

You straightened up and peeked at Kai who was busy talking and eating with the rest of EXO. You moved closer to Sehun and whispered to his ear. “It’s because of Jongin…”

“Ahhh… You don’t have to finish that, I know already…” Sehun then pressed your head towards his neck. “Look babe… You can close your eyes from the things you don’t want to see but you can never close your heart from the things you don’t want to feel. It’s inevitable, okay? Enjoy the feeling and take it one day at a time…”

Sunmi sighed. “What will I ever do without you, my Sehun?” and he kissed your head.

----------

After school, Kai took you to the rooftop of a high rise building that they own. It was elegantly landscaped with greenies and blooming flowers. A wooden bench with shade stood in the middle and a stone fountain beside it. “Uwaaaa~ It’s beautiful out here!”’ you beamed while Kai tugged you to the edge. “Yeah… I usually go here to cool off…”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re here everyday!” you snorted and he shot you a glare. “See what I mean?” you added.

“YAH! Tsk!” he sneered and pulled you towards the railings. He placed your hands on top of it while he stood behind you and snuk his arms around your waist. “Mmmm… Now this is the life!” he hugged you tighter and planted a kiss on your neck.

You cringed as it tickled you. ‘OMG, how can I even resist him?’ you sighed.

“Can I ask you something?” you asked.

Kai rested his chin on your shoulder while you both watch Seoul’s skyline. “What is it?”

“How many girlfriends did you have? And how many have you slept with?”

He suddenly moved to your side and held you shoulders. “Mwoh? What’s with the questions? Are you on drugs?”

“I’m serious! If you’re not comfortable with it, then don’t bother to answer…” you rolled your eyes and turned to the scenery again.

Kai’s shoulders dropped and took a deep breath then made you face him again. “I’ve had countless girlfriends and slept with almost half of them…”

“Uwaaaa~ You’re one helluva playboy, Kim Jongin! Kyaaaa~” you looked up and pinched the bridge of your nose.

“It’s nothing to be proud of, Sunmi!” his voice was serious this time. You stared at each other and you can see how much he regretted his past. He was ashamed of it and has to face the consequence. He disliked his actions that he committed, wishing that he had done something to prevent it.

“But it’s all in the past, Sunmi. I’ve changed and I don’t wanna go back to that ed up life again…” and you placed your thumb on his lips.

“I know, Jongin…” you his hair. “I know!” you smiled.

Kai was gradually falling deeper into you. He can finally feel comfort, belonging, and love. He can picture yourselves in rocking chairs, still holding hands and cuddling when you're 80+. He would lay down his own life so you can continue on. He suddenly has the urge for a family and raise children praying they would look like you.

He went again to hug you from behind and refused to leave the crook of your neck. You kept talking to him and he would respond under your skin. “Yah! Are you even listening to me?” you complained.

“I am! Don’t worry, I just like it here…” you shivered when his chuckles tickled you. “No wonder why Sehun can’t keep his hands off you. You’re just too delectable!” he kissed you this time.

“What the ? I’m not some kind of candy!” you smacked his head.

“You are to me!” he mumbled.

“Do you do this to all your girlfriends?” you raised an eyebrow.

A hand suddenly crept up to move your hair aside and you can already hear his lips smacking on your collar bone. “Not all of them…” his lips formed into a smile.

“Riigghhttt! That was an understatement anyway… Tch!” you shook your head.

“Speaking *kiss* of which… There's this girl I love…” he muttered in between kisses while you kept looking away. “Then tell her!” you rolled your eyes.

He moved to the other side of your neck this time. “Okay, can I practice with you first?”

“You’re ing unbelievable, Jongin! Seriously?” and he ignored you. “Fine! Go ahead…” you sighed. ‘Why am I even in love with a playboy and a bad boy in one? ARGH!’

Kai stopped and spun you around. He cupped your face and stared deep in your eyes. “I love you…”

“Now go tell her…” your lips curled and scowled.

He smiled and drawn your face closer to his. “I just did…”

You pulled your head back with widened eyes and furrowed brows. “It’s not nice to make fun out of people, Kim Jongin! I’m tru…” he interrupted you with a deep nauseating kiss. You clutched onto his jacket as he relaxed his hands on your back.

Kai gently kissed your top lip then the bottom one. It was sweet and spine tingling. He parted his lips and so did you letting your tongues linger with each other. It was like painting with your tounges as the paintbrush. Your hearts are pounding and you can literally see sparks fly. All the clichés of kissing just went a level higher. Your heads moved simultaneously trying to gauge each other. He can't stop himself from feeling and touching you while you craved for more.

You forced yourself to pull away and rested your forehead on his to catch air. “So… Who’s the best kisser?” he whispered.

You glared at him and slapped his chest. “Why do you guys really wanna know who’s better than who? Aish!”

“Fine… But can you like stop kissing Sehun?”

“NOOO!!!” you stuck your tongue out to him.

He wrapped his arms around your waist this time while you hanged onto his neck. “Then lessen being cuddly with him…”

“Hell no!” you smirked.

“I’ll replace his ring with mine.” he added.

“OVER. MY. DEAD. BODY…” you swayed your head with every word.

Kai sighed. “I guess I’ll have to deal with it then?”

“ YES!” you chuckled and he rolled his eyes.

“Whatever…” he leaned for another kiss but your phones vibrated.

You took your phone and tapped the screen. It was a message from an unknown sender.

‘Better watch your back!’

“Eh? What the hell?” you scratched the side of your head.

Kai also read his message and you saw him staring at the screen with a puzzled look. “What the…” he muttered.

“What is it?” you asked.

“It’s weird… Someone sent me this…” he then showed you the screen and saw the same exact message.

“I got one too.” you showed him your screen and he was taken aback. Then your phones rang. He got Kris while you have Sehun.

“Sehun-ah!” *Is Jongin still with you?*

“Mhmmm! Wae yo?” *Did you guys receive a text message just now?*

“Yup! Funny coz we have the exact same text.” *Does it say ‘Better watch your back’?*

“Neh! You also got one?” *We all did. Even Luhan hyung got one.*

“Jeungmal? That’s weird. Wonder who sent it?” *I dunno yet but I want you to go home and wait for me there. Araseo?*

“Yes babe. See yah!” and you hung up.

Kai ended his call as well after a few minutes. “Kris hyung said that they also received a message just like ours.”

“Yeah… Sehun told me as well!” and Kai took your hand. “Let’s go, I’ll take you home…"