What Is Love

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

“Damn Sunmi! That was hot!”  Chanyeol said who sat beside you and high fived.

“Thanks!” you bent your head smiling while catching a breath.

Sehun took off his blazer and placed it over your thigh. “You’re too exposed. You can’t wear this outfit ever again, araseo?”

“Yes boss…” you grinned and drank water from Sehun’s glass.

“Nice necklace!” Suho blurted from the side.

You clutched your necklace and watched it glisten on your palms. “It’s a gift from Teddy oppa and these are my mom and dad’s rings.” your lips curled upwards.

“It looks great on you!” Kris smiled. “Thanks!” you replied.

“Speaking of presents… Sunmi-ah, what do you wanna have? Tell us! We can get you anything!” Suho gestured his hand.

You placed your elbows on your kness and clasped your hands together. “I don’t want anything, oppa. Having you guys is more than enough!”

“No way! We gotta get you something!” Baekhyun protested.

“ANDWAE! SHIREO! If one of you dares to buy me a present, it’s friendship over!” you pointed a finger to each of them.

“Yah! That’s unfair!” DO added.

“I don’t care! No but’s or why’s… I don’t want any presents, araseo?” and they slumped to the couch pouting.

Chanyeol however suddenly stood. “But Sehun got you…” and he was interrupted.

Sehun stood in front of you while reaching out his hand to cover Chanyeol’s mouth. “Hyung! Shut up!” he gritted his teeth.

“What’s going on?” you raised an eyebrow after getting intrigued.

“It’s nothing…” he forced a smile and sat back down.

You ignored them and continued to converse while waiting for your turn on the stage.

“So how’s it gonna be for the encore?” Luhan wondered.

“I actually don’t know…” you shrugged. “Any ideas?” you looked at them.

The rest of them looked clueless except for Kai who was smiling from ear to ear. “Jongin?” you asked.

“I have a routine in dance class where you can be a part of…”

“Ermmm… Sorry but I’m not a good dancer… The one that I did earlier took a lot of practicing.” you forced a smile.

“Don’t worry… You won’t be doing anything…” he grinned and poked DO beside him. “Hyung, I’m gonna need your help as well.”

“Okay…” he happily obliged.

The crowd on the dancefloor never got tired of dancing and squealing. GD and Teddy lived up to be the best entertainters in the club scene. You were leaning against the back rest of the couch and resting your head on Chanyeol’s shoulder when GD called you over the mic. “Ayo Sunmi! Where you at?”

You quickly stood and headed to the railings. “Oh there you are! Are you ready?” and you showed him two thumbs up. You walked back to the booth and faced Kai. “Well, that’s us!” he poked DO and grabbed Chanyeol’s fedora. They stood and made there way out of the booth followed by the rest of EXO who’ll watch by the railings.

Before heading down to the stage, Kai whispered something to DO and he immediately walked ahead towards the dj booth.

Kai held your hand while squeezing through the crowd and stopped on the side of the stage. “Jonginnie… What am I supposed to do?”

He faced you and cupped your face with one hand. “I want you to pretend that you’re light as a jacket… And most of all, I want you to trust me!”

You raised your hand to his wrist and the back of his hand with a thumb. “I will, Jongin!” you smiled.

He smiled back and kissed your forehead. “Think of it as my present to you…”

Kai released your face and tugged you up the stage. DO was standing on the otherside with a mic on hand and the crowd erupted after you and Kai appeared. “WOOOOO!!! YEAH SUNMI!!!” while EXO even howled louder.

He was holding the fedora with one hand while lacing your fingers together with the other since your hands were freezing and shaking. The lights dim once again and he quickly turned for a deep soothing kiss on your lips. Your eyes widened at the contact and it somehow calmed your nerves. “Don’t worry… I got you!”

You blew out a huge air and gripped on his hand. As soon as you took your stances, the music played. You closed your eyes and breathe in the music. And as what Kai said, you trusted him and let him took over you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDDwIOdJF3A

Dancing with him was already too much to bear but hearing DO sing in the background is relaxing. His angelic voice lulled your butterflies making it easier for you to flow with Kai. He swiftly turned and pulled you to the middle of the stage wearing the hat at the same time. It’s as if you glided being in his careful hands while the audience immediately got caught under his spell. You secured your other hand around his waist and he almost carried you the entire time. His eyes were glued on you while his hand caressed your shoulder down to your waist. You bit your lip at the tingling sensation and he liked it.

You’ve never seen this side of him. He was sensual and serene. You no longer care what he does to you as long as you keep your eyes to him to pin that image on your brain. At one point, he placed the hat over you, placed an arm around his shoulder, even tenderly dipped you, but you couldn’t care less. You were drawn into him that you don’t want to let go but he had to. He released you and you slowly walked backwards where the spotlight didn’t reach.

Kai continued dancing. His moves were at point and never missed a step. He was spectacular and you were not even under his charm. He was dreaming with his feet right in front of your eyes and your heart skipped a beat… ‘Wait… What?’ you placed a palm on your chest. It was rapid. Your butterflies started flying again. ‘What’s that fuzzy feeling in my stomach?’ you shook your head and he suddenly pulled you back to the middle.

DO hummed while Kai held your face as your bodies swayed to the fading music. “Happy birthday…” he whispered. You stared at him with confused look. He looked different this time. You find him attractive and couldn’t take your eyes off him. He rubbed your cheek while his deep stare made everything worse for you. “Gwenchana?” he asked.

The spotlight hovered away and it became dark once again. He tilted his head and parted his lips upon reaching yours. It was a quick one but it made a mark. “I-Im okay… Thanks!” you stuttered.

The crowd roared like thunder. There cheers were defeaning and they liked your chemistry. "That was jjang!" says one guy while the girls swooned over DO and Kai.