Wild Night

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

The club’s office is well lit and well ventilated. There are two couches in the middle of the room with a glass table in between. Teddy has a desk placed on the corner of the room where a bunch of papers are neatly arranged.

You and Sungmin sprawled on each of the couch doing homework as you wait for the club to open while Teddy is on his laptop. “How’s school so far?” he asked.

“Bearable…” you sighed.

He raised an eyebrow sensing frustration in your voice. “Are you being bullied again?”

“Aniyo! Just some boys who are a getting into my nerves!” you complained.

“If they show up tonight, tell me so I can kick them out!” he warned.

“No need oppa! I can handle it.” you laughed.

Sungmin interrupted as well. “Hyung! Noona even punched one of them in the face.” he raised his fist and punched the air.

“Jinja? Good job! If they try to hurt either of you, tell me. I have connections y’know!” Teddy glanced at you but you just shook your head laughing. He suddenly stood to head out. “Sunmi-ah! I’ll go ahead, the party is about to start!”

You stood after he left and kneeled in front of Sungmin. “I’m off to work. Finish your homework, then that’s the time you can watch cartoons. Araseo?”

“Neh… Hwaiting!” he said and you kissed his forehead.

You joined Alex who already started handing drinks to some early birds. “Annyeong sunbae!”

“Sup Sunmi! It’s Friday once again, you know how it is right?”

Your face fell as it’s one of those days where the club is filled with teenagers wasted to their wits. “Yeah, tell me ‘bout it! Ugh!” you scoffed.

“Don’t worry. Alex sunbae is here!” he patted your shoulder and you smiled.

Before you know it, people came pouring in, dressed to impress. Girls look like they dipped their faces in a rainbow colored paint while the boys are reeking with dizzying scents of perfume.

You were too busy to notice EXO’s entrance. They went up the VIP lounge and were instantly surrounded by girls. Kai has a girl on his lap while Kris has another dangling in his arms beside him.

Alex received an order from the VIP section but his hands were full. “Sunmi-ah, can you bring this up to VIP box #5?” he asked while showing a tray with 6 bottles of beer.

“Sure!” you happily obliged and carried the heavy tray.

The VIP section on the second level has 5 booths. All with velvet couches shaped like a U with a table in between and intricate wallpapers as the backdrop. You slowly made your way around the dance floor and made your way up the staircase. All booths were filled with drunk teenagers and one of them almost tumbled in front of you.

Your lean arms started to shake from the weight of the tray so you increased your pace towards the last booth. You stopped in front of a rowdy group with girls giving each of them a .

The scene was too disgusting that looking down while piling the drinks to the table is the best way to go. But EXO has already noticed you and watched your every move with mouths wide open. You suddenly faced them with a gleeful smile and greeted.

“HERE… ARE…… your…….. drinks! En…joy…” The words came out one by one as you look at each of their faces while your tone became softer and softer until you finished talking.

Your lips curled up after seeing Sehun sitting on the edge without a partner but he replied with a confused look.

While Kris removed his arm around the waist of his partner and crossed his leg over the other as he sat up straight. He crossed his arms on his chest and was the only one who avoided your gaze.

‘Always the cocky one!’ shaking your head after.

Kai was the last person you made eye contact. You stared at each other and if only your eyes could hurl daggers, he would’ve been dead by now.

After grabbing the tray, you slightly bowed and decided to leave. Kai was about to stand but his girl pulled him back and started kissing his neck. He pushed the girl away but before he can make another attempt, Sehun already left.

You went to the bar while fanning yourself since you started to heat up. “Gwenchana?” Alex asked.

“Remember those boys the other night?” and he nodded. “They’re here!” you lifted your head to the VIP area. “And they’re my classmates.”

“Eh? Jeungmal? Small world!”

“I know right!” you whined and went back to work.

Sehun sat on one of the bar stools and smiled at you. “Hi! What are you doing here?”

“Can’t you see? I’m praying and having a moment with God? I’m working here, DUH!?” you said with sarcasm rolling your eyes after.

He then slapped his forehead. “Aren’t you too young to be working in this kind of place? Besides, I’ve been here a lot of times but why haven’t I seen you before.”

“My uncle owns this place… And either you’re wasted or your eyes are blocked with a pair of ies. That’s why you barely noticed me!” you forced a smile and handed him a glass of water.

“Very funny! For one thing, I don’t drink and I don’t play around with girls.”

‘I’m impressed! At least he’s a good boy!’ you raised an eyebrow.

Alex suddenly pulled you away. “One of your classmates from the booth is asking for you to bring this up.” he whispered.

“Tell him I’m busy!” you pleaded with hands clasped together and pouting.

“Don’t worry I’ll cover for you.” Alex left and went up to the VIP section.

You manned the bar while Sehun stayed and watched you. He was amused at how good your PR skills even if drunken boys started hitting up on you while exchanging high fives with the biggest smile on your face. ‘This girl amazes me by the day.’ he smiled

Little did he know, Kai is also doing the same thing. Watching every move you make and wishing every smile you give Sehun was for him. He had never seen someone so genuine and tender just by looking in their eyes. Eyes that were directed to Sehun only. ‘I need to have you! Tell me how?’

Alex went back with a glum look on his face and dropped the tray of beers on the counter. “That punk specifically asks for you!” he pointed at Kai who stood by the railings and waved at you after meeting eyes with him.

“Okay. I’ll do it!” you sighed and picked up the tray.

Miraculously, the girls have now disappeared when you arrived in their booth. They were all calm and reserved talking to each other like civilized people. Kris looked at you from head to toe. He was about to smile but you looked away.

“Here are your drinks! Enjoy!” you bowed and started to leave but Baekhyun grabbed your wrist.

“Why don’t you join us for a bit?” he said.

“Sorry, I’m not allowed. I’m getting paid to work, not to play around with a bunch of wasted- teenagers!” you shoved his arm and left.

Kai suddenly stood and walked on top of the table to drag you back. You both stood in front of EXO while he gripped your arm. “Tell me how much you earn and I will double it! Just ing stay!” he growled.

It was the first time they saw Kai raged. Even Kris who grew up with him was surprised at how he acted.

“I’m not one of your that you can pay and order around like some . Dude, you’re hopeless!”

You pushed him away with all you got and walked straight to the office to get Sungmin and head home.