Soulmates

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

Sehun dropped by your apartment to hang out. You slumped on the couch leaning against the back rest while he laid with his head on your thigh.

You relaxed one hand on his chest and watched TV with Sungmin who sprawled on the floor on his stomach.

“So… How was your date yesterday?”

“It went well…” you then his hair with another hand.

“But why does it sound like you didn’t?” and he took your hand from his chest to play with it. He filled the gaps in between your fingers and twirled it around.

You averted your attention from the TV and looked down on him. “I did! We even played a game…”

Sehun dropped your hands back to his chest but kept your fingers twined and looked up. “Game?”

“Mhmmm! I had to choose my ultimate bias in EXO… Guess who aced to the top?” you wiggled your brows to him.

“Tch! The one and only Oh Sehun, no one else!” he raised your hands again like rejoicing.

“Nah-uh! Dude, stop assuming!” you joked.

Your conjoined hands and his face fell. “Oh…” he pouted.

“Babo! I can’t believe you actually fell for that. I’m disappointed, Sehun… How can you doubt me? Tsk!” you then leaned your head to the back rest and sighed.

“So you’re saying, I’m actually your fave!” he beamed. “DUH!!!”

Sehun suddenly grabbed your neck with both hands and pulled you down closer to his face. “And because of that, I’ll shower you with kisses…” he puckered his lips and pulled you even more.

“Yah! Stop it with your raging hormones!” you then slapped his stomach. “OW!” he winced and released you.

He took your hand once again while giggling. “What else happened?”

You remembered Kris’ confession and couldn’t help but pause for a bit. Is it right to tell your best friend who happens to have you as his first love? How would he feel? You never kept secrets from each other but it could be too much for him.

“Whatever it is, just tell me…” he said with tenderness.

You looked down on him and his cheek with your free hand. “Kris said that he’s falling in love with me…”

‘Bastard! Pft!’ Sehun’s face became noticeably down. His heart has just been ripped out and he knows it will happen over and over again. There was an aura of grey around him. He felt a terrible weight on his chest, as if a giant boulder was laid on it and couldn't even straighten up to catch a breath entirely. He can’t force himself to talk so he waited for her to continue.

“…and that he’s willing to wait... Sehun-ah, I’m scared of taking a risk and I’m confused…” she added.

He raised both hands and held the back of your neck. “Hey… Look at me…” and you followed. “People fall in love for the right reasons, to the right person. When that time comes, that love will be worth the long wait. Don't rush into falling in love coz it never runs out. Whether it’s Kris hyung, or Jongin, or whoever… You will just feel it… Right here!” he poked your chest.

‘But why can’t I feel it to you, then? How could this be?’ you thought. One thing’s for sure though, Sehun is whom you consider your soulmate. You love him as a person and an irreplaceable friend.

“Sehun-ah…” you then held his wrist. “Hmmm?” he your cheek with his thumb.

“You’re a part of me that loving you is not a matter of choice and I’m doing it the best way I know how. It’s what I do, what I am and what I live for. I want you to know that, okay?”

Sehun pulled you closer to him and stared deep in your eyes. “That’s more than enough, Sunmi…” he whispered then planted a soft and warm kiss on your forehead with eyes closed.

Sungmin however suddenly jumped on Sehun and straddled on his stomach. “Noona… I’m hungry!” he pouted.

“Okay then… You guys stay here while I get you some snacks.”

Just when you move to stand, Sehun held your wrist and faced your brother. “Sungmin-ah, can hyung get a kiss from noona first?”

“Hmmm…” Sungmin paused. “I’ll give you lots and lots of ice cream?” Sehun added and wiggled his eyebrows.

“Yah! How can you bribe our dongsaeng?” you scowled and he just stuck his tongue out to you.

“Okay!” Sungmin beamed.

Sehun pulled you down and puckered his lips while Sungmin crawled up to his chest. “Stop! Noona… Kiss hyung just like how you do it to me!” he blocked you both with his short arms and grinned.

“Mwoh? OH  SUNGMIN! I only do that you coz you’re my baby brother…”

“But hyung is my brother too… Andwae!” he crossed his arms on his chest and looked away. “Fine!”

Sungmin clapped his hands while Sehun started pointing to his lips. “I want it here…” he grinned and you gave him a peck. “And here!” he then pointed his cheek and you followed. “And here!” he pointed his lips again.

“You’re enjoying this do you?” you gritted your teeth and he nodded gleefully.

After you ended up showering him with kisses, you stomped your way into the kitchen and left them giggling.  “Good job, buddy!” Sehun ruffled his hair.

Sungmin remained on top of him and they continued playing. You were making your way back with a plate of chocolate chip cookies on one hand and a tray with 2 glasses of milk on the other when the doorbell rung. “We’re here!” Chanyeol shouted from behind the door.

“That’s open! Come in!” you yelled.

He came in followed by Suho, Kai and Kris who took the tray off your hand. “Thanks!” you smiled and sat on the couch.

Sungmin jumped off from Sehun after seeing the snacks on the table. He kneeled in front of it and continued watching cartoons while you went back to your spot beside Sehun.

“Do you guys need anything?” you asked the newly arrived EXO who scattered on the living room. Chanyeol and Kai sat crossed leg beside your brother while Kris sat on the arm rest by your side and Suho sat on the other side of Sehun.

“Naahh! We already ate before going here.” Suho blurted and poked Sehun. “Can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Sure!” they stood and went out of the apartment. “What’s it about, hyung?”

 They stood by the door and conversed. “Kris hyung told me he went out with Sunmi yesterday…”

“Yup, they did…”

“What about you… How are you holding up?”

“Hyung, you know how it is with me and her, right? I’m happy as long as she’s happy…”

Suho then placed an arm on his shoulder. “You really love her that much, don’t you?”

“I do! It’s just that, sometimes the best way to say I love you is to hold her hand, give it to the one she’ll love and let go… even if you’re dying inside…”

“Don’t worry man, everything’s gonna work out…”

Sehun forced a smile and went back in.

“You know what, Kris?” you asked when he took Sehun’s spot on the couch. “What?”

“I felt like someone was watching us yesterday… I dunno why…”

“You’re just being paranoid.” he chuckled.

“Well, thanks to someone I developed a third eye for creepy stalkers and lurkers…” you eyed Sehun who stood in front of Kris.

“What?” Kris asked him.

“Can I have my spot back?” he crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow.

“Shireo! I like it here!” Kris then s his arms around your waist on the side. “Hyuuunnngg~”

Sehun sat defeated beside him and muttered curses out of his mouth.