That Moment When...

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

It’s the day before the dreading exams. They all decided to have dinner including Luhan and Sungmin in a nearby restaurant. Sunmi remained silent the entire time after her brain is being tortured by a million thoughts. Exams, college, Kai’s demonic father, surviving senior year… the list could go on.

She poked the pasta on her plate with a fork while staring blankly at it.

“Noona, gwenchana?” Sungmin noticed who was sitting across her.

Sehun had to nudge her from the side to get her attention. She flinched and blinked to her brother. “Yes?”

“Hey… Are you okay?” Sehun asked.

“Mhmmm…” she then continued eating while Sungmin looked up to Suho who was sitting beside him. “Sunmi noona is just anxious for tomorrow… Don’t worry, okay?” he then ruffled the boy’s hair.

After finishing dinner, Sehun decided to take Sunmi out for a ride. He took her wrist from under the table and faced DO. “Hyung, can you take Sungmin home? Sunmi and I are getting some fresh air.”

“Sure! Don’t stay out too late, okay? We don’t wanna be late tomorrow…” he warned.

“Neh!” then Sehun stood and pulled her up. “Let’s go babe!” and walked towards the door.

Chanyeol who just happened to take a sip from his glass, sprayed water on the centerpiece. “Babe? I’m sorry?” he then wiped his mouth with a table napkin.

“You’re unbelievable, Sehun! Kyaaaa~” Baekhyun exclaimed. Luhan who was sitting beside him, leaned closer for a whisper. “Are they together?”

“Nope! Sehun just happens to be her favorite among all of us…” he whispered back.

Sehun drove through the busy streets while Sunmi remained silent. He knew something is bothering her and it’s not because of school. He gave her time to think and continued driving until they reached the Han River.

He parked in an isolated area where only a few joggers and cyclers passed by. Sehun took off his blazer and covered her exposed legs as they lay against the windshield of his car. He placed an arm under her neck while Sunmi rested her head on his chest.

She has always liked leaning on him. It gave her comfort and ease. He makes her feel light as a feather and he has that power to make her worries disappear. “Komawo…” she muttered while looking at the glistening river.

“Anything for you, Sunmi…” he then kissed the side of her head. “Hey, now tell me what’s on your mind.”

Sehun laced their hands together and stared at it while she talked. “Well… Ermmm… It’s about Kris and Jongin…”

“What about them?” he then raised their hands and pressed the back of her hand on his lips.

“They both asked me out…”

He paused for a bit and slowly dropped their hands on his thigh. ‘So they finally did, eh?’ he smirked. “And?”

“And I said yes…”

“So what’s the problem then?”

“You know how it is between me and Jongin, right? And with Kris, well Kris is just too perfect…” she raised her head to meet his gaze.

Sehun looked down on her. “Yah! You’re going on a date, not a war. Stop thinking too much…” he then released her hand. “… and while you’re at it, use this…” he poked her chest. “Let go of your inhibitions and don’t think of anything else. It’s just you and him, whether it’s Jongin or Kris hyung. Okay?”

She forced a smile then leaned her head back on his chest. He held onto her hand once again and they remained silent. Sehun couldn’t afford talking while his chest is burning. He knows that one day, she’ll end up with one of his friends. And that will be the day he can no longer have her in his arms. He looked up and squeezed her hand. ‘Just let me be with her until my last breath. That’s all I ask…’

“Sehun-ah, gwenchana?” she asked after feeling his rapid heartbeat.

He released her hand and lifted her chin up with his thumb and index finger. “You know that I love you, right? And I will do anything for you…”

“Hey, what’s going on…” and he interrupted her. “Sshhh… You know that right?”

“Of course…” she replied.

“That’s all I need to know.” he whispered. Sehun moved and hovered on top of her making her head rest against the windshield. He glanced on her lips and leaned closer to it. Their warm breaths greeted each other as she stared confusingly to him. She was too caught up in a trance that her eyes shut when their lips touched. He let go of her chin and held her neck while Sunmi gripped on his dress shirt.

‘I’m sorry, Sunmi! Just let me be selfish for a bit…’ he thought while gently kissing her. He tilted his head on another side to catch a breath. Her arms slowly crept up his chest then to the back of his neck. He liked the way she touched him. It was sensual yet meaningful. ‘Don’t do this Sunmi or I might not resist you.’

Then she pulled away from the kiss. “Yah… I know you’re in the moment right now… But is this really necessary?”

Sehun giggled and kissed her again. “Mhmmm… *kiss* I’ll enjoy *kiss* you… As much *kiss* as I want!” he muttered in between kisses.

She placed her arms on his chest and pushed him to leave a gap between them. “I beg your pardon!”

But Sehun gripped her wrists and pinned it against the windshield. “Didn’t I tell you that you’re mine until you find someone better than me? Now deal with it!” he snickered.

“UGH!”  fell wide open and stared at him wide eye. Sehun lunged on her lower lip and playfully nibbled it. “Mmmm… My baby tastes gooooddd…” and she rolled her eyes in defeat.

Her phone however suddenly rang. Sehun took the liberty of answering it for her. He took it out from the pocket of her blazer and saw the caller id. “Yah! Kim Jongin! You are officially the world’s top er. WHAT DO YOU WANT?” he hissed while Sunmi chuckled. *MWOH??? Yah! It’s late already, take her home! NOW!!!* Kai growled.

“What are you, her mom? Hell no!” *Let me talk to her!*

He then handed it to Sunmi. “Yes?” *Where are you right now?* Kai with a soft voice this time.

Sehun interrupted. “What does he want?”

“He’s asking where we are...” Sehun then yelled. “We’re in Japan! So off!”

“Sorry about him, he’s just going through some tough time.” she chuckled. *Seriously Sunmi, where are you?*

“By the Han River.” *Okay… We’ll be there…*

Sehun scowled. “Why did you tell him? Pft!” and she showed him an evil grin.

“Jongin?” *Yes?*

“Please hurry… Sehun is harassing me…” she covered the mouthpiece and chuckled. The line suddenly went dead.

“I’ll make you pay for that!” Sehun snickered and lunged on her lips again. But it was powerless and tender. He kissed as if her lips were breakable. He held her face like a fragile glass. He was so careful of her and gentle pulled away.

Sehun rested his forehead on her. “I breathe only for you… Love you, Sunmi!”

He kissed the tip of her nose and leaned back against the windshield. They were gazing at the stars when three sports cars skidded to a stop behind them.

Kai and Baekhyun jumped out of the Mclaren, Chanyeol and Suho came from the Fisker Karma, while Kris and Luhan in the Ferrari.

“OH SEHUN!!!” Kai’s voice thundered making him jump out of the hood. “!”

He then ran behind Suho. “Hyung! Please don’t let Jongin kill me!”

“Wae? What did you do this time?”

Baekhyun interrupted. “Enough to wake the sleeping dragon in Jongin’s tummy. Pwahaha!” he laughed.

Kris shook his head while passing them and sat beside Sunmi. “It’s beautiful out here, right?”

“Mhmmm!” she stretched out her arms and breathes the fresh air. “Ahhhh~”

“Sooo… I’ll pick you up Saturday morning?”

“Morning?” she paused and wondered. “Ahhh… The date?” she forced a smile. “O-Okay…”

Kai managed to grab Sehun and they wrestled on the ground while the rest of them watch. “Jonginnie, did you know that Sehun once said he was a better dancer than you?” she snickered.

Kai had Sehun on a head lock. “Mwoh? You are so dead, maknae!”

“Yah! I never said that! You’ll pay for this Sunmi!”