Only Mine

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

“Dude, that’s enough already.” Chanyeol moved the glass away from Kai.

“NO! Leave me alone!” he shoved him and waved at Alex. “Hyung, another shot please!” but the bartender ignored him.

He had far too many drinks that he is wobbling on the stool and reeking in alcohol.

“Kim Jongin! Let’s go home!” and before he can respond, Kai passed out on the counter. Chanyeol sighed and piggybacked him out of the club.

Kai has been going home late at night either wasted or passed out. He sleeps during classes. Bullies and beats other students for no reason and loses his temper easily. It’s clear now that he is slowly getting back to his old rascal self and EXO is getting worried already.

“Bro, we gotta do something about him!” Baekhyun blurted while watching Kai sleeping on the couch in their lounge during lunch.

“I hate seeing him like this!” DO added.

“Let him drown in misery… Tch! He’s old enough to know what’s right or wrong!” Suho said.

“Mwoh? You’re just gonna sit and watch him like that?” Chanyeol asked.

“Mhmmm! He’ll eventually stop when he realizes he’s not doing himself a favor. Besides, I didn’t sign up to be his babysitter!” the leader explained. “Where’s Sehun, by the way?” he added.

“Having lunch with Sunmi by the pool. Wae yo?” DO replied.

“Cool! I’m off then!” Suho stood and left.

“Where are you going?” Kris wondered.

“To the pool! I miss Sunmi’s kimbap!” he yelled after reaching the door.

They all looked at each other and scrambled to follow him leaving Kai behind.

Sehun and Sunmi were eating lunch when Suho and the rest of EXO came running to their table.

“Oppa!” she squealed.

They all stopped and remained frozen with shocked eyes. “W-Wae yo?” she stuttered.

“Did you just call Suho hyung, oppa?” Sehun asked.

“Is there something wrong with that?” she wondered.

Everything was like in slow motion. Suho and the rest of them walked at a snail’s pace towards them and took a seat. “Ani! It’s just that you never called any of us that way given that we’re all older than you.” Sehun added while all their wide eyes are on her.

“Ahhh.” she then forced a smile to them. “It’s because Jiyong oppa scolded me last time about it.”

“So you’re gonna call us that then?” Baekhyun asked.

“NO!” and they all snapped back to reality.

“Yah! That’s unfair!” DO protested while Suho giggled. “You heard that right? She called me ‘oppa’…” he pointed a finger to each of them.

“What about me? I like it when a girl calls me that.” Sehun wiggled his eyebrows on her.

“Hell no! Yuck!” she cringed and Kris leaned closer to her. “Don’t mind them. I still love the way you say my name…” he whispered.

She covered her face when she suddenly felt warm. “Why are you blushing?” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow and shot a glare at Kris who just shrugged at him.

“No, I’m not! The kimchi was just too spicy.” she fanned after.

“Riiigghhhttt…” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

“Where’s Jongin?” Sehun asked.

“Sleeping like a baby in the lounge.” Suho snickered.

“Aigooo! That boy… Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!” Sehun shook his head while Sunmi ignored him. She kept eating as if nothing has been spoken but deep down inside, she feels guilty. She may despise him but never wish him any harm.

Just as they were waiting for lunch to be over, a teacher came in.

“What the hell? How did Mr. Park know we’re here?” she blurted and glared at the boys. “Did any of you rat my secret spot out?” but they shrugged and she can see that they’re telling the truth.

He stopped after reaching their table. “Sunmi-shi! The principal wants to see you!”

“MWOH?!” the boys stood and glared at him.

“Woah! Easy there… I was just sent here to tell her about it. I don’t have any idea why!” he raised both palms to them.

Sunmi stood “! What is it this time!” and hissed.

“I’m coming with you!” Sehun walked beside her. “It could be Jongin’s dad again. I won’t let him hurt you anymore.”

But she stopped and faced him. “No, I’ll be fine. Just wait for me here.”

The boys insisted to accompany her but she refused so they ended up letting her go. “We’ll be waiting for you, okay?” Kris said and she nodded.

"Seonsaengnim, how did you know where to find me?" she asked while they walk in the hallway.

"I've been in this institution for almost 10 years and I know everything that goes around within it."

"Ahhh...." her lips curled downwards and raised an eyebrow.

DO ran out of the pool area to get Kai as well. “Yah! Wake up!”

“Go away! Can’t you see I’m sleeping!” and shifted to the other side.

“Dude, you gotta wake up. Sunmi’s been called by the principal again.” hearing her name would’ve been enough but knowing what just happened got rid of his hangover.

He quickly sat up and sprung to his feet. “Mwoh? Where is she now?”

“She already went there... Is your dad planning something?” DO asked while walking at faster pace.

“Hope not! He’s out of the country right now.”

Before they went in the pool area, DO however stopped in front of the door and faced Kai. “Bro, I suggest you straighten up. Getting drunk and wasted all night won’t do you any good. Someone might snatch Sunmi right under your nose.”

“What are you talking about?” he asked.

DO smirked and left him. Kai walked in looking rather confused. He was scratching his head and would sometimes rub his chin. 'Snatch her... From me? Who?'

“Good morning sleepy head!” Suho greeted.

“Whatever hyung… How long has she been away?” Kai joined them on the table.

“Not too long…” he replied.

They were waiting for Sunmi to get back and all eyes pierce through the door across them. Sehun paced, Kris remained calm on his seat, Kai tapped his fingers on the table and the rest of them slumped on their chairs.

After so much waiting that seemed like forever, the door finally opened. Sunmi came in clenching a fist with a thick folder on the other hand and glaring at all of them. “! This is not good!” Chanyeol got scared upon looking at her.

Sehun ran towards her and held her shoulders. “What happened? Was it Jongin’s dad?" but she remained silent and pushed him aside.

She stomped her way into the table full of anxious souls and slammed her fist on it. They prepared themselves for an upcoming onslaught seeing her fuming red face. “YAAHHH!!! Who’s the ing genius that suggested to have me tutor all of you!!!” her voice echoed through the hall.

“Mwoh?! Tutor???” Baehyun wondered.

“If you need a tutor, you can pay some of the teachers to do it. Not me!” she hissed.

They all looked at each other confused and shrugged. “Seriously? That’s the reason why you’ve been called?” Suho wondered and she tossed the folder on the table.

Kris took it and read the contents. He snorted and covered his face to laugh. “It’s not funny!” she whined.

“It’s true guys... Sunmi will be tutoring us starting tomorrow. She will be spending the rest of the afternoon with us to help with any subject that we find difficult.” Kris explained.

“Look! I can’t do this, okay? I have work at night, I have to take care of Sungmin, and what about my classes? Are you trying to kill me?”

Sehun then made her face him. “We’re gonna help you out. There’s 7 of us who can share with your responsibilities.”

“Yah! Is this your idea?” she glared.

“No it’s not, I swear!” and she faced Suho after. “Oppppaaaa…” she pouted.

Suho stood and placed an arm around her shoulder. “Aigooo~ I really like it when you call me that.” he giggled. “Anyway, the principal might've really thought we need the help and since you’re the only one who puts up with us, he chose you… Don’t worry we’ll help you out, okay?”

“Aish! Whatever!” she then walked out being trailed by Sehun. “Hey, wait for me! Call me oppa as well, please?”

"YAHH!" she screamed and the boys laughed.

Kai’s face lit up seeing her throwing a tantrum. She looks like a kid all over again without any traces of hate or pain in her. ‘No one can have you but me, Sunmi. I refuse to give you up and I don’t care whoever it is even if he comes begging on his knees.’

Suho went back to his seat and pointed a finger to them. “Who’s behind this?”

“Me… Kekeke~” DO snickered.

“You’re gonna be in deep if Sunmi knows... But good job!” and they high fived.

“So y’all better shut the up.” DO warned them.

“School has never been this fun!” Chanyeol beamed.