Crash And Burn

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

“Oppa, can you tell me how the accident happened?” you asked Teddy after coming back to his office.

“You sure?” he asked. “Mhmm! I have to deal with it either way, right?” and he sighed.

GD remained seated by your side while Teddy crossed his arms on the table and started talking. “Based on police reports and witnesses accounts, Kai’s parents came from a gathering that night. His father had too many drinks and still insisted in driving home. Some people saw their SUV swirve from one lane to another and was already beyond the speed limit.”

Teddy stopped when he noticed the color on your face faded. “I’m okay… Just continue…” you said.

“They were in the middle of a highway when they started arguing as well. Apparently, his mother found out that he was filing for divorce. It then turned violent when she grabbed the wheel in an attempt to stop the car but they ended up crashing into another vehicle… When I arrived in the scene, it was a total wreck. I knew right away that no one will survive that crash but I was hoping and praying so hard that Junsong hyung and Eunhee noona would make it.”

You noticed Teddy’s voice shake. He was holding his tears all this time and would sometimes look up at the ceiling to stop them from falling.

He cleared his throat and spoke once again. “I walked beside the front seat and couldn’t help myself from falling apart when I saw your dad hugging your mom.” then Teddy cried. “He used his body to shield her from the impact but they both didn’t make it… You know what Sunmi?” he said and you raised your head to look at him. “Even after the crash and however it might have been painful for them, their faces were still calm and peaceful. I know they love each other so much and they’re happy coz they have each other until eternity.” Teddy stood and kneeled in front of you once again. “Sometimes, no matter how much faith we have, we lose people but we never forget them. And sometimes, it's those memories that give us the strength to go on. I will say this to you time and time again. Be strong even if you’ve gone completely dry, there’s always more as long as you’re breathing. Okay?” He then leaned forward to hug you.

“Neh…” you cried on his shoulders.

“You should stop crying already or you’ll look like Kerokeropi in no time.” making you let out a soft chuckle.

He pulled away and wiped your tears. “Saranghae Sunmi!”

“I love you too oppa!” and you hugged him again. “Aigooo! I never felt so loved in just one day.”

GD also hugged you on the side. “Of course! Family loves each other unconditionally.”

You calmed down with their embrace but the hate in your heart is slowly building up. ‘Those ing piece of ! I will never forgive them!’

“I still hate those people who took away the people that I love most. Bastards!” you hissed and they both pulled away from the hug.

“Sunmi-ah, Hate is too great a burden to bear. I don’t think umma and appa would be happy.” GD said while your hair.

“I’m sorry but I can’t help it.” and they sighed. ‘Umma. Appa. Miahnae! But I’m sure the hurt will ease in time, just bear with me for now…’

----------

EXO planned to meet up in Baekhyun’s luxurious pad before heading into Club Seoul. They were just waiting for one last member before hitting the street.

Chanyeol jumped out of his black Chevrolet Camaro and sprinted into the condominium. He pounded his knuckles on the door several times in urgency. “Yah! Are you trying to break my door? Calm yo’ bro!” Baekhyun yelled.

“What’s the rush?” he asked after opening the door. “Something came up. Is Jongin already here?”

“Neh! He’s in the living room…” and Chanyeol moved in a flash.

He saw Kai fixing his outfit with the rest of EXO. “Dude, I saw Sunmi earlier before leaving school.” and they all ignored him. “You always see her in school, what’s the problem with that?” Kai smirked.

“I saw her came out of the principal’s office!” he blurted.

“What was she doing there? What did the principal want from Sunmi?” Sehun asked this time.

“Not the principal… but his dad!” he nodded at Kai’s direction.

“MWOH?!?!” they all asked in unison and the room was suddenly filled by crickets.

“!” Sehun was the first to react and instantly glared at Kai. “You better make sure he didn’t say anything bad to her…” he then grabbed his keys and ran out followed by DO.

“Hyung, I’m going to the club. Can you please check in their apartment?” he asked.

“I will! Call me if you see her!” DO replied. They both went in there cars and sped off.

Sehun used a Bluetooth earpiece to call Sunmi while driving. “Sunmi, please pick up! C’mon… Pick up!” but her phone just kept ringing. He tried again. “PICK UP!!! PLEASE!!!”

‘Goddamnit Sunmi! Please don’t do this! You’re making me nervous! !’ he thought and pressed harder on the gas pedal.

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Suho decided to meet Sehun in Club Seoul while Kai went home with Kris.

Kris held onto his seat while Kai drove. His knuckles turned white as he gripped the wheel while his eyes burrowed through the windshield. The Mclaren car came useful as he arrived just a few minutes later. “Where’s dad?” he growled after slamming the tall wooden doors wide open.

“He went out of the country, doryeonnim” the butler said.

“Mwoh? He just came this ing morning and now you’re telling me he left again? Are you kidding?” his voice now rang all throughout the mansion.

“Jesunghamnida, but he did… Sajangnim left you this though.”

The butler handed him a letter and Kai read it. *I talked to your friend, Oh Sunmi. She won’t be bothering you anymore. – Dad*

He crumpled the paper and started trashing the whole lobby. He kicked a huge vase, hurled any antiquity he can get his hands on, and even slammed his parent’s picture frame in the floor. “HOW COULD YOU? I HATE YOU SO MUCH! ING BASTARD!”

Kris then placed his hands on Kai’s shoulders. “Bro, it won’t do us any help even if you burn this whole ing place down. Let’s just go and see Sunmi.” and Kai kicked another huge vase on the way out.

Sehun skipped the long queue outside of the club and walked in right away. He went straight to the bar. “Hyung, where’s Sunmi?”

“I dunno. I haven’t seen her yet.” Alex replied.

He then ran up the stage to talk to Teddy. “Hyung, where’s Sunmi?”

“Uhmmm… I dunno. She hasn’t come yet.” and continued mixing some tracks.

“Is she going to work tonight?”

“Probably…” Teddy said in monotone.

“I’ll just wait for her then…” Sehun left the stage and went up their usual spot in the VIP area.

The rest of EXO came afterwards. “Sehun-ah, where’s Sunmi?” Suho asked and he shrugged.

“Did you ask Teddy hyung already?” Baekhyun worried.

“I did… But he said, she’s not here yet so let’s just wait for her.” Sehun added and took out his phone to send her another message aside from the numerous ones that he already did.

‘Where are you? Why aren’t you answering my calls? Please pick up! T_T – Sehun ♥

Kris and Kai also came and still no signs of Sunmi. They were all on the edge of their seats when DO was the last one who arrived.

“Hyung, did you see her?” Sehun asked.

“Nope! She’s not home as well.” he replied.

“Where could she be?” Suho wondered. “Jongin, did your dad say anything?” he added.

“He left the country after he talked to her and told me that Sunmi won’t bother me anymore.” Kai then covered his face with both palms.

“Oh God!” Sehun kicked the table and walked out.