Moving On

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

After a week, the bandages on Sunmi’s body grew thinner and lesser. What’s only left is a thin layer of tapes around her torso to aid the healing of her rib, bandage on the right forearm which she finds very inconvenient, and an ankle support.

She had an argument with Sehun when she asked to go back to the apartment. He refused at first since she has not fully recovered yet but only gave in when she agreed to have the maid stay with her. The truth however is he just wants to spend more time with Sunmi.

----------

“Are you sure you’re gonna be okay at school?” the maid asked while you and Sungmin ate breakfast.

“Neh… I can manage. Besides, I missed a lot already so I need to catch up.”

“Aigooo~ Your parents should be proud of you for having such a responsible daughter.” she then your hair.

Sungmin suddenly blurted. “Noona will be okay. She has Kyungsoo hyung as namja chingu and a very strong dongsaeng!” he then flexed his arms making you and the maid laugh.

After breakfast, the maid walked you down to the lobby using the elevator. Suho paid the building contractor to fix it so you don’t have to take the stairs anymore.

Sehun went out of his car when he saw you while DO went out of a black Porsche Carrera. He grabbed Sungmin and placed him in his car. “See you at school!” he yelled and sped off.

“What the hell? I didn’t even get to kiss my brother!” you complained.

“I can give you one!” Sehun then puckered up his lips.

“Riiigghhhttt…” you pushed him aside and limped your way to his car.

He snatched your backpack from the maid and swiftly carried you. “Put me down!” you yelled while thrashing your legs.

“Stay still or I will drop you!” and you followed.

The maid laughed at you and waived. “Sunmi-ah, don’t forget to take your meds, okay? Have fun, kids!”

“Neh! Later unnie!”

You were all smiles on your way to school but suddenly felt nervous when you actually saw the campus. Flashbacks of the whole incident are clearly playing in front of you although the surroundings are blurry. You can see Hyuna standing by the gate with the two gangsters behind her. They were smirking while hitting their palms with a plank of wood.

Your eyes were filled with fear and your hands grew cold. ‘This isn’t real. No! Please!’ so you closed your eyes instead. The car suddenly stopped and Sehun ran around to help you out.

He slowly lifted you up from the seat and made you lean on the door when he noticed how pale you got.

“Are you okay?” Sehun asked.

“N-Neh…” you stuttered.

He cupped your face and lifted your head to meet his gaze. “Hey… No one’s gonna hurt you now. araseo?” you slightly nodded. “I’m gonna go ahead and ask some favors from the principal while you go with Jongin and Kris hyung, okay?”

Kai, Kris and Baekhyun approached you and saw Sehun kissed your forehead. “What the? Are they going out already?” Baekhyun blurted while Kai and Kris stood frozen.

Sehun then waved to the three boys. They continued walking to you while Sehun left with Baekhyun. “Yah! Are you and Sunmi dating?”

“Hell no!” Sehun scoffed.

“Then what’s with kiss?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

“Dude, don’t put malice into what I do especially towards Sunmi. It’s nothing, a’right? Tch!”

“Whatever you say!” and they went ahead.

Kris took your backpack while Kai stood beside you. “Gwenchana? You look pale.”

“I-Im okay…” you forced a smile but Hyuna’s evil grin is stuck somewhere planning to attack you once again. ‘You can do this Sunmi! It’s just all in your mind…'

“Let’s go?” Kris asked. His calming voice made the scary images vanish and you snapped back. “Uhmm… Yeah…”

You limped on your way in while Kris and Kai walked beside you. The students were still unhappy towards you especially when you got the famous queenka kicked out and live a miserable life, and still get to have EXO behind you. You’ve gone through so much that you didn’t pay attention to any of it besides, you got used to it already.

A swarm of students suddenly came rushing in different directions making you fluster even more. Some forcefully bumped into you while others shot death glares. Kris walked a step ahead to block you from them then an image of the two gangsters popped up. You instantly grabbed onto Kai’s wrist and gripped it tighter. “J-Jongin… I’m scared… Like seriously, I should’ve just stayed home instead.” you stuttered.

He looked at you and tucked strands of hair behind your ear. “Don’t be scared. No one can you hurt you. I promise!” he then laced your fingers together.

Kai pulled you closer to him and you felt safe right away. He kept glancing at you and every time you flinch, he would your hand with his thumb making you calm down.

A boy suddenly came running out of nowhere and you instantly panicked. You almost forgot all your injuries that you started to run but Kai pulled you into a hug.

“Oh God! Please don’t hurt me! Andwae!” You gripped on his uniform while you cowered in his jacket.

“Hey… Hey… Calm down… It’s me! Jongin!” he then your back.

You kept your grip on his back and eyes closed while trying to calm your thumping chest.

“Do you wanna go home?” he asked and you softly shook your head. “Just stay… I’ll be okay in a bit.”

Kai hugged you tighter while you both stood in the middle of the hallway without minding the watchful eyes of the students.

“What happened?” Kris asked when he noticed you and Kai stopped.

“She got scared.”

“Are you okay?” Kris asked you this time while rubbing your shoulder.

You pulled away and nodded to him. “I couldn’t handle it after all. All this nightmares are making me crazy.” you sighed.

“Just don’t mind it. We’re not gonna let anyone hurt you, right Jongin?” Kris said.

“Of course! We will all get rid of them!”

Your mood suddenly changed. “Didn’t I tell you I hate violence? I don’t make friends with a bunch of hoodlums!”

“Yah! I didn’t mean it that way. I was saying it figuratively. Tch!” Kai explained while Kris just scratched his nape.

“You better be sure or friendship is over! Got that!” you told them.

“Yes boss!” they both replied and you all continued walking to class.

Kai and Kris kicked Hyuna’s chair away and replaced it with yours. They also took turns in writing down your notes since you’re still unable to use your right hand. You all spent lunch by the pool and Kris fed you this time since he sat closest to you.

Suho came in late when he had to take a phone call from his dad. “Guess what?”

“Your gay?” Chanyeol joked earning a smack in the head. “Chill bruh! What is it?” he then scratched the spot where he got hit.

“We’re going to Bali this weekend!”

“YESSS!” the boys rejoiced while you just kept on eating.

“Sunmi-ah, you’re gonna come right?” Suho asked.

‘As much as I want to but I can’t. *sigh* My poor life, kill me now!’ you thought. “Ermm… No, I’ll pass!” you forced a smile.

“Why not?” DO asked.

“I have to work.”

“Can’t you skip that?” Baekhyun protested. “Why do you have to work in the first place?” he added.

“I’m saving up for college.” you spoke and they all became quiet. They never actually thought of their future after high school until now and realized how fortunate they are.

Suho walked up to you and turned your chair to face him. “You don’t have to worry about anything. I’ll personally talk to Teddy hyung, heck I’ll even put my savings into your account. Just come with us and enjoy. You deserve it.”

“What about Sungmin?”

“We’ll bring him, course!”

“But I can hardly walk… I’m injured! See?” you then rubbed your tummy.

“YAH!!! ARE YOU COMING OR NOT??” Baekhyun yelled in frustration.

“Okay! Okay! Geezz!” you raised both hands and surrendered.

Suho stood then ruffled your hair when he went left.

‘OMG, I’m going to Bali this weekend. I should be happy right? But why am I more nervous than those ing nightmares? Aish! Whatever!’ you giggled.