First Love

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

GD came running through Teddy’s office. He sat in one of the chairs right across the table while Teddy was busy with his laptop.

“Hyung, how’s Sunmi?” he asked eagerly while on the edge of his seat.

“She’s okay now. In fact, she already woke up.”

“That’s good to know. I almost had a heart attack when you told me about it.” he sighed and sat comfortably.

“But that’s not the reason why I called you to come over…” Teddy then placed his laptop away and handed him a folder.

“What’s this?”

“Remember those boys who hang around Sunmi?”

“Mhmmm… Wae yo?”

“One of them is Kim Jongin, they also call him Kai, I think.”

“Right! I met him last time. What about him?”

“Read it…” Teddy pointed the folder and GD flipped the cover.

Teddy crossed his arms on top of the table while watching him read the file. His eyes moved from side to side with every word he read. After a couple of paragraphs, he gripped the folder almost crumpling it. His eyes widened and brows furrowed.

“Holy mother of God! Hyung, is this legit? Like, seriously?” he asked without finishing the whole content.

“110%... I myself had the same doubts, but checked once again. And it’s all true!”

GD slumped on his seat and tossed the folder back to the table. “Are you gonna tell her?”

“She deserves to know.” Teddy sighed.

“When?”

“’Til she gets better. She might not handle it too well if I tell her now.”

“Let me know if you decide to tell her so I can be there…”

“Okay…” Teddy sighed.

GD left after he talked with Teddy. He walked out of the club and looked at the night sky filled with twinkling stars. “Sunmi-ah! I know you’re a strong girl and a survivor but I want you to be stronger than ever. I’ll be here for you, I promise!” he sighed.

----------

EXO just left after they visited you while Sehun was left sitting beside you. You slouched on the bed while leaning against a pillow and caressing your bandaged arm.

“Finally! No more distractions and bullies. “ he rejoiced.

“I don’t think they bully you. They just love to make fun of you.” you said.

“It’s the same thing… Tch!” he scoffed.

“No it’s not… I’m actually having fun when they’re here.”

“Ooohh! So you like them now over me who has been protecting you since like forever?” he then started to leave but you grabbed his wrist.

“Hey get back here… Stop being jealous, it doesn’t suit you.” you tried pulling him back but he resisted.

You suddenly clutched your wrapped torso and curled on the side. “AAHHHH!” you groaned.

Sehun instantly went back on the bed and panicked. “Sunmi-ah! Are you hurt?”

“Neh! Neomu apa!”

He slowly turned you to face him and saw you giggling. “YAH! You scared the out of me! Don’t you ever do that again!” he scolded and you nodded with a pouting smile.

You noticed how scared he got when his hands wouldn’t stop shaking and kept checking you out from head to toe with worried eyes.

“I’m totally fine... Miahnae Sehun-ah. I just didn’t want you to leave.” you then reached out to his hand.

“Babo! I was just teasing you! I’m not going anywhere… I’ll never leave you.” he then laced your fingers together and smiled while playing with it.

You knew however that he meant something else but you just can’t tell what it is.

“Sehun-ah? Is there anything you wanna tell me?”

‘, I think she’s getting the hint! *sigh* Might as well get this off my chest!’ he took a deep breath and braced for a confession.

Sehun moved closer to your side and held your hand tighter. “Promise me nothing will change between us. I will still be your guardian angel and you’ll be my little eggroll.”

“Yah! You’re making me nervous! Are you dying? Are you Superman?”and he shook his head laughing. ‘Oh lord! I can’t believe I’m in love with such a girl’

“Just promise me!” he begged.

“Promise! Cross my heart!” you gestured to your chest. “And hope your neighbor dies!”

“Be serious!” he pouted. “I am! I’m just trying to lighten the mood…” you then raised your hand to his hold his face. “Look… I will always be here for you until you tell me to. Nothing will change.”

He took your hand from his face and held onto it tightly. “Good... Did you even wonder why I always end up protecting you?”

“Actually I do but as times goes by, I got used to it and I liked it actually.”

"Well... You were a pain in the at first..." you chuckled. "But then one day, I followed you to your secret spot. You were waving your chopsticks in the air trying to draw random shapes and I really thought you’ve gone mental from all the bullying.” you glared at him but he continued. “Then, I saw how your eyes twinkled while stuffing your mouth with egg rolls and the way you giggled while twirling your moms ring. You were all alone… Eating lunch… Playing around… then my heart skipped a beat.”

Sehun released your hand and held your face with both hands. “You know what that means right?”

Everything went slow motion. You can feel and hear your thumping heart. His stare sent dizzying sensations to your brain and weakening shots to your body.

He waited for you to respond so you slightly nodded your head.

His warm fingers on your cheeks melted the throbbing pain in your forehead. He looked deeper into your eyes and spoke again. "I've loved you since we were kids and I intend to do it until forever... I’m not asking you to stay for the rest of my life or let your heart beat with mine, just stay and let me love you. It’s more than enough."

“But…” you spoke and he interrupted. “Sshhh… You’re not allowed to talk. I just want you to know how much you mean to me and I was just too much of coward until now.” he smiled but deep down, his heart is being jackhammered into bits and pieces. “There’s someone out there who deserves you more than I do.”

Looking at him was like looking at Sungmin begging for ice cream when you can’t give him one. It’s hurting you so much that you can no longer feel the physical pain of all your injuries. But Sehun is far too precious for you. He was always their even if you don’t need him. He made sure your life would be easier when you’re with him. He's the type of guy your parents would've wanted you to marry. ‘Babo! It’s not for you to decide who I’ll spend the rest of my life with. Pft! Saranghae Sehun-ah!’

You were shocked when you suddenly heard him spoke. “Saranghae Sunmi-ah!”

‘What the hell? Is he a mind reader or something?’

Your eyes couldn’t leave each other’s gaze. His thumb drew circles on your cheeks that tingled your spine. He then glanced to your lips and back up to your eyes. “Can I?”

Sehun never blinked at you while gauging for your reaction. You let your lids drop and he leaned closer. You can already feel his warm breath on your skin when his plump and tender lips touched with yours. He closed his eyes to memorize the feeling. It’s electrifying. Your insides whirled but you liked it anyway. Both your mind went blank and just savored the moment.

He tilted his head to capture every curve of your lips giving you both the chance to catch a breath. When your lips touched for the second time, it was more intense but gentle. It was truthful, neither right nor wrong, just two people showing love for each other.

You held onto his waist like a life line while his hands made their way on the back of your neck. With one final touch, Sehun slowly pulled away and leaned his forehead on yours. “Thank you for showing up, Oh Sunmi. I’ll never get tired of loving you from behind. I’ve been doing it for the last ten years and I could do it for a lifetime.”

You then slowly pushed him and held his face with your good hand. “Listen to me okay? I promise to be there when you need me, I promise to hug you tight when you’re lonely, I promise to wipe your tears and I promise to keep you, not for the rest of my life but for the rest of yours. Understand?" he smiled hearing your words and was assured that everything is fine between you two.

“Are you happy?” you asked again.

“First love... First kiss... I'm on top of the world!” and hugged you.