Ecstacy

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

You handed Sehun his phone back and covered your eyes with your good arm. Hearing Sungmin’s voice made your stronger but longing for the only source of your strength is just too much.

Sehun moved closer to your side as you kept lying in bed. “If you miss him that much, why wait for 2 days?”

“I can’t let my brother see Princess Fiona in real life.” you chuckled while crying.

He took your arm away from your eyes and looked down on you. “I think you’ve gone crazy from all those meds…” he laughed.

“I just want to make sure that when he sees me, at least some of my injuries have healed. I don’t want him to get nightmares.” you said.

Sehun then your cheek with the back of his fingers. “You’re such a sweetheart, don’t you know that? Tch! You have to contain yourself from doing it all the time coz people will fall for you easily.” ‘Like me…’ he thought.

“Yah! Are you making fun of me again?” you glared at him.

“I’m not! It’s for real!”

“Whatever!” you then stuck your tongue out to him.

You started feeling each of your injuries while Sehun kept watch. Thick bandages wrapped your thighs, layers of plasters covered your stitches on your arm and forehead, a brace is fitted in your ankle and a mound of tape around your torso. “Aish! I hate you Kim Hyuna!” you suddenly threw a fit like a kid in a toy store while Sehun just laughed at you.

You also felt your greasy hair and the smell of chemicals in your pj’s. “Sehun-ah, can you please let the nurse and unnie come in?” referring to the maid. “I need something from them.” you said.

“What is it? I’ll do it instead.”

‘This boy is crazy… I want to take a shower and change yet he still wanna do it…’ you shook your head and he noticed it. “What?” he asked.

“Look… I appreciate you doing everything for me but giving me a bath is definitely not on the list.”

“Of course I can do that!” he joked with an evil smile.

“Excuse me?!” you then gave him a death glare.

“Chill girl! I’m just kidding…”

“Now go get them. I feel so dirty already…” you complained.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to do it? I’ll be gentle, I swear…” he wiggled his eyebrow.

“YAHHH! Oh Sehun!!!” you yelled and flinched. “Bleh!” he then sprinted out.

The nurse and maid came in and helped you walked into Sehun’s huge bathroom. ‘Damn, his bathroom is indeed bigger than my apartment!’

“Sunmi-ah, tell us if you get dizzy or feel any discomfort, okay?” the nurse asked and you nodded.

They laid you on the tub making you shiver when your skin touched the cold surface and stripped you off from your pj’s and the bandages in your body.

You closed your eyes while they did it since you refused to see the cuts and bruises. “Are you okay?” the maid asked. “Neh…”

The nurse then gave you a bath with careful hands while the maid stood to assist her. Warm water ran through your body and dripped in your pores. Taking a bath has never been so good and invigorating. The smell of mint on your hair tingled your nostrils while the vanilla scented soap lathered on every inch of your skin. ‘Now I know why Sehun’s pillows smell so good.’

“Are you okay?” the nurse asked. “Mhmmm…I actually feel better… Thanks a lot! Komawo unnie!” you told them.

“Don’t mention it. We’re just doing our job.” the nurse replied.

After the relaxing bath came the dreading cleaning of your injuries. The bathroom suddenly turned into a mini emergency room filled with medical supplies. You were laid on the couch while the nurse patched you up. Every dab of wet gauze on your stitches throbbed but the wrapped bandage around your torso and thighs were more comfortable.

“… and we’re done!” the nurse beamed and the maid handed her a new set of pj’s.

She helped you wear it while the maid combed your hair.

“Aigooo. You look much better now.” and you smiled in agreement.

They helped you walked out since the cast made you limp. Kai was sitting on the edge of the bed when he saw you come out and ran up to you after.

“Doryeonnim, where is Sehun-shi?” the maid asked.

“He went with Kris hyung to get Sunmi’s dinner downstairs.”

“Oh really? Can you hold on to Sunmi first while we change the sheets?”

“She still has trouble sitting upright since her rib isn’t fully healed yet.”  the nurse added.

 “Uhmm… S-Sure!” he stuttered.

It was actually the first time you saw him again since the attack so you were a bit hesitant as well. Besides, you and Kai are not that close. He just happens to be at the bottom of your list after the pool incident.

He moved closer to you and placed his arms around your waist. You instantly had a run of goose bumps when his hands lingered on your back. It was awkward but he made you feel safe and secure.

Your good leg started to shake and is about to give up from supporting your whole body so the nurse went back and gave you a more comfortable position.

She took your good arm and placed it around Kai’s waist, and pressed your bodies together. “This boy is strong. Lean on him and let him be your other leg…” so you shifted most of your weight to him. The nurse also tightened his grasp on your back. “Jonginnie, don’t let go, okay?”

 “I won’t!” he said and the nurse went back to help the maid fix the bed. “Promise!” he whispered while looking at you intently.

Kai enjoyed staring at you. Your eyes were like his own brand of ecstacy. It gives him intense emotions and sends him to a whole new dimension. But the painkillers started to wear off making you blink a couple of times.

“Gwenchana?” he asked.

“I’m getting dizzy…and it’s hurting again…” you coughed and almost fell from the throbbing pain in your ribcage.

Kai caught you just in time and slowly pressed your head on his chest. “Relax… Close your eyes and keep on breathing… They’re almost done.” he then your back which calmed you right away.

After the nurse and maid finished up, Kai laid you on the bed. He tucked you under the sheets and sat beside you. “Feeling better?” and you nodded.

Sehun came with Kris who was holding a bowl. “Dinner time!” Sehun beamed.

“What’s that?” you asked.

“Congee!”

“Forget it! I’d rather die than eat that.” you looked away and pretended to sleep.

“Yah! Don’t let us force it down your throat!” Sehun threatened while Kris sat on the other side of the bed.

“I want decent food!” you nagged.

“Sunmi-ah… You need to eat. Please???” Kris added.

You opened your eyes and saw them looking at you with pleading eyes. “Fine!”

Kai helped you slouch while leaning against a pillow on the head board. “Is that okay?

“Yeah… Thanks!” and Kris started feeding you. ‘This is just embarrassing…’ you thought.

“I’ll do it... I still have my good arm!” you raised it to him.

Kris then taps your head with the spoon. “Don’t be stubborn… Just eat!”

You scratched your head where he hit you and ate.