Awakened

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

It’s been two days since the attack and Sunmi just remained asleep in Sehun’s room. She laid on his majestic bed filled with white silk sheets and plush pillows. She had a tube coming out of to help her breathe and another one on her arm for the IV. Half of her body is covered by a warm blanket while Sehun rubbed her free hand in between his palms.

“Please wake up…”

----------

After spending days in deep slumber, you can now start to feel sensations all over your body. Feeling someone’s presence. His touch. His warmth. Hearing his voice. His gentle fingers over your own. You felt alive but in pain, so much pain.

‘Oh God, was I ran over by a truck?’ You never expected how painful it is just to take a simple breath, they were like knives being stabbed in your lungs. ‘Someone please help me!’

Your eyes won’t open. Your mouth wouldn’t let you talk. You have many thoughts and emotions but didn't have the power over your body to express them.

You suddenly felt a warm body when someone leaned closer. He held your hand and whispered on your ears. “Wake up Sunmi! I need you to make my lunchbox so we can eat later by the swimming pool.”

‘Lunchbox? Swimming pool?’ were the only words you got but it’s strikingly memorable. It sent electric shocks on your brain, then flashbacks started playing. You skipped happily in an empty hallway and entered an indoor pool. You then took out a lunchbox from your backpack and sat on one of chairs when a tall boy appeared to join you.

He had the brightest smile with the most charming face. And then that was it, you remembered.

‘Sehun!!!’ your fingers instantly twitched.

Sehun was sitting on the bed when he felt your fingers moved. He quickly leaned over to your ears. “Sunmi-ah! It’s me, Sehun. If you can hear me, try moving your fingers again.”

Even with the intense pain, you endured all of it and did what he asked.

His eyes widened after you responded and yelled to the door where the maid stood. “Please get the doctor! Ppalli!” and faced you again. “Everything’s gonna be alright… Hang in there…”

He started your bruised and cold cheeks. Every touch were like vials of adrenalin in your system. Your strength is slowly building up but the numbing pain is still there. But you suddenly felt warm lips over your forehead giving you a final boost.

Your eyes slowly fluttered and squinted as it tried to adjust on the brightness of the room. Then right in front of you is the same bright smile with the most charming face that woke you up.

“Hi…” he softly spoke and kissed the back of your hand this time while you replied with a slow blink. “It’s okay… No need to talk. I’m glad to have you back."

The doctor came so Sehun stood to give way. He paced in front of the bed while watching the doctor check on you. “Hey there sweetie! Your vitals are okay and everything is stable.” says an old man with a white coat. “I’m gonna have to remove your ventilator as well, okay?” and you slowly nodded.

Sehun looked away while he and the nurse pulled the tube out of your mouth. You choked a couple of times but it went well.

After a couple of minutes and further checks, the doctor left and Sehun sat beside you again. “Do you need anything?”

“I-Im h-hungry…” you said with a barely audible voice.

“Sorry but you’re still not allowed to eat.” and you pouted making him guilty. “Uhmmm… I think this will do for now.” he then showed you a glass of fresh orange juice.

Your face lit up with a soft nod. He placed a straw in it and supported your head while drinking. After it lingered on your tongue, you could’ve sworn it was the best tasting orange juice in the world. It was rejuvenating and you can still feel the fluid seep through your nerves.

“Damn girl! You finished it all in just one sip!” Sehun flipped the glass and not a single drop dripped.

You smiled but winced after you coughed when your throat itched. The pain came from your abdomen so you tried clutching it with your free arm. You then felt strips of tape wrapped around your lower torso and Sehun saw panic in your eyes.

He took your hand away from it and held on it instead. “Calm down… You have a broken rib and it will make you heal faster.”

You then stared into the golden chandelier above you. “How bad is it?”

“Well…” Sehun then enumerated your injuries. “You got a broken rib, severely bruised legs and arms filled with a couple of stitches and your face looks like Princess Fiona, the ogre and battered version, coz of bloating and bruising.”

“MWOH?!” You then managed to grab a pillow with your free hand and hurled it at him but he avoided it.

“I’m a ninja!” he snickered and continued. “Stop moving around! Your injuries are still fresh!”

You then closed your eyes and pretended to sleep. “Miahnae! I’m just making you laugh.”

“Well it’s not funny!” you pouted.

“Yah! Even if you end up looking like the corpse bride…I will still be here for you…” '...and love you!' he thought.

His eyes however says it all. It's just too bad she can't read people's thoughts or even see the obvious.

“You’re not helping me feel better. Aish!” Sehun just laughed while you nag.

He filled you in as well on what had happened while you were asleep. How DO took care of Sungmin. What happened to Hyuna and her minions. How the rest of EXO frequently visited you.

“They shouldn’t have gone to the extent of killing them, y’know? I survived after all…” you told him.

“And what? Let them go and do it again if someone tells them to? Tch! Those bastards deserve it!”

“I just don’t condone violence.” and her face fell.

“Hey… Let’s stop talking about it.” Sehun then took out his phone and dialed DO.

“Here! They should be home by now… Talk to Sungmin.” he then handed her the phone.

----------

Sungmin is having dinner with the rest of EXO in DO’s house when his phone rang.

“Annyeong haseyo! This is Do Kyungsoo. How may I help you Oh Sehun?” he joked with a lively tone. *Ermm… Hi… This is Sunmi…*

DO suddenly stood when he choked after hearing her voice. “SUNMI-AH!” while the rest of EXO were stunned.

“That’s noona?” Sungmin asked him and DO covered the mouthpiece. “Neh… But stay here first, okay?”

DO ran away from the table while the rest of them scrambled behind him as he continued talking to her except for Kris who stayed with Sungmin.

“You’re awake now?” *Duh! Will you be able to talk to me if I’m not?*

“Oh! Right! So how are you feeling?” he asked then Chanyeol poked him. “Turn the loudspeaker on!” and DO did. *Still in pain but I can manage. Thanks by the way for taking care of Sungmin. I appreciate it a lot!*

“Don’t mention it! We’re glad to know you’re okay now…” Baekhyun added. *Oh, hi! Thanks! Can I talk to Sungmin please?*

“Sure! Hold on!” DO said and they all went back to the table. *Sungmin-ah?*

“Noona! I miss you already. When are you coming back?” *Ermm… I’ll see you in two days, okay? Are you being a good boy to your hyungs?*

“Of course!” *That’s great…* and they suddenly heard sniffs.

“Noona, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” *Nothing… I’m just watching a sad movie… Brush your teeth after dinner and go to sleep early, okay?*

“Neh… I love you Sunmi noona and I miss you!” then there’s a long pause. *… I love you too… Bye…* and they hang up.

“Aigooo~ Noona cries a lot these days… She should stop watching those movies already.” Sungmin pouted.

EXO looked at each other and it pains them seeing a boy getting sad over his sister when they all knew the reason why she has been crying.

“Sungmin-ah! Don’t worry coz starting today, we will all make sure that noona will no longer cry, araseo?” Kai then reached his hand to him and the boy smiled.