Scared

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

Sehun skipped to the door and got shocked when a body dropped in front of him. Her face is barely recognizable from being covered by blood and too much swelling. The white inner shirt has turned red while her badly beaten arms and legs dangled. She was like a rag doll pounded on the floor and stepped on a couple of times.

“OH GOD! SUNMI!!!” he faltered a few steps back and fell on his knees. EXO heard him yell so they all stormed towards him.

He clutched her on his lap while trying to wake her up. “Sunmi-ah… Please… Nooo…” he lightly taps her cheek and DO kneeled beside them. “Oh My God!” he said while removing some blood soaked hair from her face.

Baekhyun was too dumbfounded to react and stayed frozen while standing behind them, covering his mouth.

Chanyeol is pacing back and forth not knowing what to do, whether to look for the culprit first or stay with her.

Suho kneeled beside Sehun and looked at her from head to toe. “I knew it! !” he then held her hand. “Be strong Sunmi!”

Kai couldn’t bear watching so he went back to the couch with elbows on top of his knees and hands clasped together on his forehead. ‘Please… Don’t take her away from me… She’s the only one I got!’

Kris leaned against a wall and slid down while watching her fight for dear life.

“Sunmi-ah! Pleeaassse…” Sehun pleaded. “! Don’t ing do this!” he hissed and tears flowed like waterfalls.

She finally heard him and forced her eyes to open. “S-Se…h-hun?” and they all looked at her attentively.

“Neehh… It’s me…” he sniffed.

“S-Sungmin… They might… go after him.” she stuttered as she gasped for air. Every word were like darts being hurled in her lungs making her groan in pain.

DO then quickly stood without saying a word followed by Chanyeol.

“Don’t worry! Hyungs will get him… Who did this?” Sehun kept on crying still.

“H-Hyuna…” she gasped. “S-Sehun-ah… I’m scared!” she muttered as he carefully wiped bloodstains on her lips.

“Don’t be scared! I’m here… We’re all here… Okay?” and she finally broke down.

They watch her shatter in pieces every time a tear fall from her eyes. All the pain she’s been hiding all these years has come out. The beatings, calling of names, struggles with school and work, showing a strong façade for her brother, everything came crashing down.

She slowly raised her hand and clutched on her shirt. “Sehun-ah, I don’t wanna be here anymore… I want my old life back… It hurts so much and it’s killing me…” she wept with every breath while Kris covered his ears when he refused to listen.

“Everything’s gonna be fine… Hang in there, please? Do it for Sungmin.” he sniffed while her bruised cheeks.

All her strength and willpower is now completely bone dry. She then forced her hand to reach his face “You’ve always been nice to me… K-Komawo…” Sunmi smiled and passed out again.

“Yah! Oh Sunmi! YAAHHH!” Sehun then wiped his tears using the sleeves of his jacket and carried her bridal style. “I’m taking you to the hospital so stay with me, araseo?”

Sehun carefully placed her on his black Audi R8 sports car, buckling the seatbelt for her after. He immediately went to the driver’s seat and sped off followed by a black Fisker Karma driven by Suho along with Baekhyun.

After Sunmi was brought out, Kai and Kris immediately stood to hunt down Hyuna.

Kai temporarily brushed off his good boy image and sharpened his horns. “I’m gonna make sure she suffers a slow and painful death. That piece of deserves nothing in this world!” he said while making their way out of the school.

“Dude, calm down…” Kris patted his shoulder.

“I’m sorry but I can’t! Haven’t you seen Sunmi? If she hasn’t fought her way to find us, she would’ve been dead by now!”

Kris shivered at the word and remembering her again sent a chilling reminder that sometimes playing dirty is the way to go.

----------

Sehun paced outside the operating room with a bloody uniform while Suho and Baekhyun sat on the floor leaning against the wall with knees drawn to the chest. They have been waiting for hours already and the doctor has not come out yet. He grabbed his phone and dialed DO to ask about Sungmin.

“Hyung, how is he?” *He’s perfectly fine.*

“Can you take him home with you? I don’t think it’s a good idea to let him see her like this.” *I think so too. Don’t worry I’ll take care of it… Just keep me posted, a’right?”

“Neh! Komawo!” *Mhmmm… Bye!*

Right after he slid his phone on his pocket, Teddy came running towards them then Suho and Baekhyun quickly stood. “Sehun-ah, where is Sunmi?”

“Hyung! She’s still in there… By the way, I don’t think you’ve been formally introduced already. He’s our leader, Kim Junmyun but we call him Suho hyung. He's our friend as well, Byun Baekhyun. ”

They bowed “Annyeong haseyo.” and reached out their arms to Teddy. “Oh, hi!” and they shook hands.

“What happened? Who did this to her?” Teddy added and the boys gave him all the information he needed.

“We’re really sorry hyung!” Suho said.

“No! That Hyuna girl should be the one apologizing. I will make sure she pays for what she did to my niece.”

“Don’t worry sir... We’ll take care of it!” Kai suddenly interrupted them. “Annyeong haseyo! I’m Kim Jongin.” and bowed to Teddy.

“Annyeong haseyo! I’m Wu Fan.” Kris bowed as well.

Teddy shook their hands but raised an eyebrow while checking Kai out. He was strikingly familiar to him but he just can’t pin point how he knows him. ‘This boy…’ then the doctor finally came out.

“Are you her father?” he asked Teddy. “No, but I’m her uncle and guardian.”

“Can we talk for a minute?”

“Sure!” and they walked away from the boys.

“Sunmi-shi is already out of danger. However, given the severity of her injuries and with the way she got them, there is a big chance that she might develop post traumatic stress disorder. It would be best to have someone by her side all the time.” the doctor said.

EXO watched them anxiously and got nervous when they saw Teddy with a serious look on his face while rubbing his chin. “! This is killing me!” Suho paced this time.

As much as he wants to, Teddy knows for a fact that he can’t be the one to look after her and not even Sungmin. He thought hard on how to go about the situation then someone popped into his mind. He faced EXO and waved his hand. “Sehun-ah! Get over here!” he called.

Sehun quickly rushed to them. “Yes?” and the three of them weighed their options.

“Uhmm… Can I take her home instead?” The doctor and Teddy were surprised at Sehun’s suggestion but they listened to him. “For one, it would be easier and more comfortable for the both of us, then, we got maids to help us out and I can also have our family doctor check her 24/7.”

Teddy nodded his head while watching Sehun explained. ‘This boy is smart! Sunmi is lucky to have him.’

“What do you think, doc?” Teddy asked and he agreed. “But you can take her home tomorrow. I still have to do some tests and make sure everything has been cleared.

They all bowed to each other and the doctor left. “I really appreciate you doing this. Komawo Sehun-ah!”

“Don’t mention it, hyung! I’ll do anything for her.”

“Oh and please send my thanks to DO and Chanyeol for taking care of Sungmin.”

“I will!”

Teddy spent the night beside Sunmi while EXO left after seeing her in deep slumber.

They all went home first to change then gathered in DO’s house. Sungmin has been told by DO that he has to stay with him since Sunmi went on a school related trip.

“Don’t you know that I’ll burn in hell for lying to an 8 year old boy?” DO whispered to Sehun while they watched him play with an Xbox.

“Dude, you’re doing the right thing. Trust me, Sunmi would’ve done the same thing.” he assured him.

“Kris hyung!” Sungmin suddenly yelled and jumped on his arms after seeing him. “Hey buddy! How are you?

“I’m great!”

“Did you eat dinner already?” and he nodded. “You better get to sleep then!”

“But what about noona?”

His heart skipped a beat while DO and Sehun watched him with worried eyes. “Sunmi noona went on a trip remember? I’m pretty sure she’s asleep by now.” he was convincing enough that Sungmin didn't asked further.

“Yeah, she probably is… Hyung, can you read me a bed time story? Noona does it a lot so I can sleep right away.”

“Sure!” Kris carried him in DO’s room and tucked him to bed. He sat beside him while leaning against the headboard and took out his Iphone to search for bedtime stories. “So which story do you like most?”

“Hmmm… Noona has been telling me about this Mulan girl and his pet lizard. I like that one a lot!”

His lips instantly curled up and placed his phone back in his pocket when he already knows the story by heart.