Warning

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

You were about to leave the empty restroom and head back to EXO’s lounge when Hyuna stepped in. She slowly walked towards you so you stepped to the side to avoid her way but she followed and stopped in front of you. ‘What the hell?’ You went to the opposite direction once again but followed still so you looked at her and asked. “Can I help you?” with a polite tone.

She crossed her arms on her chest and raised an eyebrow. “I’m gonna say this once so you better listen carefully.” Her voice maybe high pitched and soft but her words were threatening. “Stay away from Kris and Kai. Don’t meddle with rich people’s business and just stick to your own kind.”

Your blood started to boil not because she wanted you stay away from the boys but the way she put you down. “Excuse me? Do you even listen to the things that come out of your mouth?” you snapped.

Hyuna suddenly grabbed your cheeks with one hand and pressed it together. “How dare you talk to me like that? I’ll let this pass for now coz you were once my friend but I’m warning you. Stay away from them and choose your mistakes wisely!”

She pushed you on the countertop and accidentally torn your lip. “That should teach you a lesson!” she smirked and left.

A warm fluid dripped on your chin with a taste like metal. You grabbed a paper towel as you leave and pressed it against the cut.

You were fuming mad while making your way through the crowd. Anger lingered in your veins making you numb from the stinging cut.

EXO already finished eating and were just talking on the table. ‘I can’t let them see this! ! I hate you Hyuna!’ so you went to the couch instead while their eyes followed you.

“Hello? We’re over here!” Sehun yelled.

“I can see that Einstein! Geez!”

Sehun left the table and sat beside you and the rest of them wondered.

“Woah, what’s with the attitude? Something wrong?” he asked.

You straightened up and looked away. “Nothing!”

He then noticed you covering your mouth. “What’s up with that?”

Your insides are still running wild from anger and you suddenly snapped. “Can you like stop with these ing questions?”

The boys in the table got scared when they heard you yell. Their eyes were set to you and Sehun who was trying to calm you down.

“Hey... Hey… Look at me… I’m sorry alright?” he cupped your face and smiled despite you just lashed out on him.

His warm touch and gentle eyes eased your fury. He was like your own personal Jasper Hale who can control your emotion with just a gaze. You then slowly lowered your hand that is covering the cut.

Sehun’s eye widened when blood dripped right away and instantly faced DO. “Hyung, I need the first aid kit. Ppalli!” he yelled.

“Wae yo?”

“Just do it and please bring it over here!”

DO left while the rest of them rushed to you.

Sehun kneeled in front of you while you stooped your head. “What happened? How did you get this?” he removed strands of hair off your face and tucked it behind your ears.

“I-I tripped…”

As he lifted your chin up, you saw the rest of them staring down at you. “I hate it when you lie. You just at it. Now tell the truth!” Sehun demanded and forced himself to look at you even if he can't bear seeing you hurt.

Suho and Kris sat beside you. “Did you got bullied again?” Suho asked.

“It’s nothing, r-really…”

The all looked at each other and knew something is wrong. DO came back handing Sehun the first aid kit after. He took out a thick gauze and pressed it against the cut. “AAAHHH!!” you winced.

“Sorry… When will you ever learn to fight back, huh?” Sehun blurted.

 “Just because I don’t fight back, doesn’t mean I’m weak.” you added.

“So you didn’t trip after all… Who did this?”

‘Oh ! Nice move smartass!’ you thought.

You gulped and heaved a sigh. “H-Hyuna…” you softly spoke

Kris kicked the table in front of him while Kai who was watching behind Sehun instantly moved but you reached out to him. “No! Leave her alone…” you pleaded.

He glanced at your hand holding his wrist and then looked at you. 'If you're not gonna fight, then I will!' His whole arm was trembling and looked away after seeing your lip. “ needs to learn some manners.”

“Please don’t… Fighting fire with fire won’t do any good.”

“She’s right Jongin. Hyuna will hurt her even more if we do something about it.” Baekhyun explained.

You then released his hand after he calmed down. “I’ll let this pass for now, but if she touches a single hair from you, she better hide in the deepest hole on earth!”

The rest of EXO gawked at each other. “Woooo! Jongin scares me now…” DO whispered to Chanyeol. “Mhmm… He finally manned up!” he snickered.

‘Is he bipolar or something? He was trying to kill me the other day, now he’s trying to go Prince Caspian on me? Tch!’ you then averted your attention from Kai back to Sehun who just covered the cut.

“Seriously? Pororo?” you whined after seeing the band-aid wrapper.

“It’s cute!” Sehun beamed.

The rest of them left early for class leaving Kai and Kris with you. You closed your eyes upon resting your head on the back rest of the couch while hugging a cushion.

“Does it hurt?” Kris asked and you nodded. “I’ll get you some painkillers. I’ll be back.” and you were not able to respond after sleepiness started to kick in.

----------

Kai sat on the couch and looked at Sunmi. His eyes checked every inch of her face. Brows furrowed. Eyes shut. Well contoured nose. Rosy cheeks. Pink lips and chuckled at the sight of Pororo smiling back at him.

He slowly raised his hand and gently touched her face with the back of his fingers. It’s a whole new different experience for him and liked every bit of it. The loneliness he feels turns into butterflies flying around his stomach and his lips instantly curled upwards.

Sunmi suddenly moved ‘!’ he panicked. He froze while watching her shift to the side facing towards him and continued sleeping. He sighed and shifted to face her as well. If only she’s awake, they could be looking at each other’s face within an inch away.

‘I’m too much of a coward to tell you this but I think I’m falling in love with you… And I’ll not ask for anything else but please… Wait for me...’ he leaned closer and kissed her forehead.