Red Line Fades Away

The Mute Queen

“You should inform me faster that King Cho is back!!”, Lady Yubin scolded Gahee in front of Gyeongbok Palace’s gate. The courtlady bent her head in remorse, “I am sorry, Madam. It’s because—“.

”Save your explanation later. Where is King Cho now?”, Lady Yubin spoke before walking in a haste, entering the palace. Gahee and Ye Eun were following her from behind. “He is at Gungsool field, Madam. Fighting with Captain Yonghwa”, Gahee explained.

Lady Yubin paused her steps, turned back to face the courtlady and frowned, “You said what? Fighting? At a time like this? With what reason?”

“I don’t know much but I heard Captain Yonghwa upset him about something”

Lady Yubin snorted by the news then continued to walk faster. She just came back from Lord Sooman’s residence, carrying a new hope Madam Sohee had informed her earlier. A hope she thought was too good to be true. But hearing King Cho came back alone without bringing Queen Min with him, and in addition of him fighting with Captain Yonghwa made her doubting Madam Sohee’s vision. Although it had not been long for her at Gyeongbok Palace, she knew very well about some rumors going around. One of them was about the captain’s admiration toward the only King’s concubine. If the reason behind the fight were jealousy, uniting all the layers of the sacred bond between King Cho and Queen Min would be impossible.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Flashback
*********

“What is the bad news?”

The red-blood lip shaman woman gave a silent answer for a moment. Those eyes were filled with mystery as dark as the black spots that tainting the moon. “Hurry, tell us!!”, Lady Yubin showed her frustration.

“It’s broken. The second layer of their bond”, Madam Sohee said plain but sternly.

“What do you mean? Didn’t the last time you tell us the second layer was united again? How can it be so soon?!!”

A light chuckle rose up from Lord Sooman, “Human really can’t deny the fate written from heaven, don’t they—Madam Sohee?”

Lady Yubin turned to her master, “My Lord, this isn’t a time for joking. Our Sungmin is in love with another man. I can’t believe this”, she clenched her hands, breaths were racing rapidly. Of all the possibilities, she never expected Sungmin’s infatuation toward Kyuhyun would end this fast. Her niece used to be desperately in love with the king for years. The love that always sacrificed innocents yet brought the power of hatred due to her poignant solitude. Who’s that man? What did he do to make the depiction of cruelty changed a heart over night?

“Please calm down, Madam”

“How can I be calm? If the third layer of the bond is broken, it will be the end of us. More misfortunes will come for Lee faction—“

“Unless we deflect that fate into our own luck” Madam Sohee cut her words. A tiny smirk formed on the tip of the shaman lip as she added, “Lord Sooman is right. Human can’t deny the fate written from heaven. But Lee faction are those who worship Mawang1. We create our own path. Heaven can’t control us”

“Just please stop all your metaphor, give us some worthy advices instead”, Lady Yubin spat.

“Yubin!! Give some respect to her!!” Lord Sooman, who was usually placid, raised his voice. Even a well respected man like him acknowledged how important the shaman’s existence was to Lee faction.

Lady Yubin inhaled some air to calm her nerve, “I am sorry”.  Madam Sohee formed a tiny smile, “It’s okay, Madam. Glad you understand (your position).”

Lord Sooman suggested, “As long as we kill the man that Sungmin falls in love with. The third layer will be secured, right?”

Madam Sohee nodded, “Yes, My Lord. That man has to be killed before the third full moon from now on. That’s the least Lee faction can do”

“Do you have any vision about that man’s identity?”, Lady Yubin asked.

Madam Sohee sighed, seemed doubtful. She started counting something with the joints of her fingers,  “Actually… I am not sure. My first thought is the person I foreseen was born under the fire bird star. But I just found out that person is a woman. I met her when I left Gyeongbok palace lately2. So knowing the second layer has been broken, it means the man she falls in love with isn’t the phoenix.”

“Now just cut the talk about it right now. We can find the man later. What is the good news, Madam Sohee?”, Lord Sooman changed the topic. Madam Sohee nodded, “Last night I got another vision. Venus is now in the embrace of phoenix’s wings. The gold dragon has left the sun to take Venus.”

Both Lord Sooman and Lady Yubin’s eyes were lightened in surprise, couldn’t believe that kind of vision to come as much as how it’s too absurd to be happening. Venus belonged to Sungmin, the gold dragon belonged to Kyuhyun while the sun belonged to his fate as the King of Jonseong. So far, they always got visions that included the Moon (Seohyun) in the circle but this time was not.

Lady Yubin felt her hands trembling with anticipation, “Does that mean…”

Madam Sohee smiled widely this time and nodded, “Yes, Madam. If we succeed to prevent this bad luck. There’s a high possibility all three layers are to be united again”

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
End of Flashback
***************

 

“I said, TAKE BACK YOUR SWORD!!”, Kyuhyun’s voice filled the air throughout Gungsool field. Lady Yubin along with her followers just arrived and watched the excessive battle between the two men.

 “Madam, please step back. It’s dangerous!”, Officer Jungshin approached them. Anyone  except the main royal bodyguards was forbidden to enter the area at the moment. “I can take care of myself. What happen?”, she asked. The officer lowered his head, “It’s…it’s hard to explain, Madam”.

“Tell me the truth. You love her, right?!!”

Her ears twitched as she heard about the question. She watched the King punched the captain in the face until he fell to the ground. The latter wiped the blood from his nostril, “Yes. I have a feeling toward her. But I clearly know she only loves you, Phea. She would never reciprocate my feeling either it’s in this life or after”.

The King blew another fist, but the captain managed to catch it and pinned his hand. Lady Yubin knew the battle was uneven. She didn’t even care who won in the end. What matter was how she realized keeping Lady Seohyun inside the palace was no longer giving any benefits to Lee faction. At first, Lee faction let Queen Min’s jealousy became the terror in Gyeongbok Palace because it’s what made the Queen was stronger and fearless. But this time, Lady Seohyun was only another stumbling block that had to be rid out as soon as possible.

“What’s happening with them?”, Prince Yesung with his followers just arrived. The man meant to ask his brother a confirmation about why he ordered everyone to stop searching Queen Min. He met Lady Yubin’s eyes, then bent his head to greet the latter. Officer Changmin approached him, “We don’t know what’s the reason, my Prince. But his majesty has been mad for no reason since he was leaving Hanyang forest.”, informed him anxiously.

“Then why don’t you stop them?!!” He yelled. Jungshin and Changmin lowered their heads, feeling ashamed. Prince Yesung signed Hankyung and Jongjin to stop the King and captain Yonghwa. While Lady Yubin turned around and asked her court ladies, “Let’s leave this place”. Ye Eun and Gahee bent their heads, then meant to follow their master from behind.

“……only smiles in front of you, let you call her by her nickname, and EVEN CRY INTO YOUR EMBRACE!!!!”

Phea…, actually who is you’re talking about?”

Lady Yubin paused as she heard Kyuhyun and Yonghwa’s last conversation. She watched Prince Yesung and the others tried to separate them. A new thought popped up in her mind, about who the person they’re talking about. If it’s not about Lady Seohyun, then who? She started to link some facts together. Just lately Officer Changmin said the King has been upset since he left Hanyang forest, Queen Min disappeared also in Hanyang forest, the battle with the mysterious assassins was in the same forest, the King’s suspicious command to stop searching his wife, and Madam Sohee’s vision that the Queen had an affair. Thus she came into a conclusion, that King Cho knew something. Then Madam Sohee’s voice was like ringing in her head.

“Venus is now in the embrace of phoenix’s wings.

Gold dragon has left the sun to take Venus.”

Lady Yubin glanced at Kyuhyun who just fell by himself to the ground, looked blank. The former muttered something in her mind, ‘Phea, could it be even possible..... for you, to fall in love with Sungmin now?

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

Meanwhile, the day had its sun sliding from the top spot. The cold from the autumn breeze could cause skin-thrilling, but sunrays that entered in between the sidelines in every branch of trees in Hanyang managed to wipe it. Yet it had never become warmer enough to be compared with the fingers which was holding Sungmin’s right now. They both were hand in hand, walking across the thick forest to find the way out. The atmosphere around them was never be quiet. Pigs would have wings if Kim Heechul stopped blathering everything, even if his own jaw was ripped out from his mouth. The fact that Sungmin enjoyed his nonsense stories was beyond once in a blue moon.

Khahahahahahaha…..,  that’s how I won five times without efforts. Only me who knew the tricks. Actually, Jonseong is too small for a talented person like me. I need to make it big in China one day. No. It’s not only in China, but in the universe. I am the universe big star Kim Hee—“

(Grumble….grumble….grumble….)

Their paces stopped as they heard a growling stomach’s sound. Heechul touched his own stomach and he was sure it’s not him. He glanced at Sungmin, noticing the latter bit her lower lip out of embarrassment, “Hahaha… you should tell me if you’re hungry”, he chuckled. He caressed lightly her hair as he saw the latter had her head lowered, lip pursued.

“There’s a persimmon tree nearby. I think it’s enough to ease your hunger. Let’s go!”, Heechul said before pulling the female along.

.

.

.

 

“Yah! Put the stick on the stalk, on the stalk!! No. You got it wrong!! You have to twist the stalk with it!!!”, Heechul had Sungmin sitting on his shoulder to pluck persimmon out from its tree, while he himself was in charge as the instructor. There’s no fruits remained in the lower branches thanks to a certain gisaeng (which was himself by the way) who kept taking the fruits from the poor tree along this autumn because she didn’t want to bother buying them from the market.

Sungmin tried her best to pluck the persimmon with the wooden stick, but the gisaeng who’s carrying her unbalancedly kept moving back and forth. The constant nagging from Heechul didn’t help her either, “I said put the stick on the stalk, not poking the stick to the fruit’s !! Aish! This girl, why are you so heavy—“

Heavy?!’, Sungmin stopped trying then looked down to Heechul. The gisaeng looked up at her, obliviously said “What? Why do you stop?”.

 

The female clenched her teeth, then used both her thick thighs to strangle Heechul’s neck. The gisaeng didn’t expect it’s coming, “Wh—t!! Su—Sungmin, wha—what are you doing?” he asked in the struggle, he tried to escape but Sungmin’s lock was too strong. His body started to lose its balance, “—we’re gonna fall, Min! We’re gonna fall!! Waaa…!!”

(BAM!!!!!!)

Both of them finally fell to the ground. Not only them, but also three persimmons successfully landed right on Heechul’s face, “(Duk) Ach!!! (Duk) Aw!!! (Duk) AWWW!!”.

 

The gisaeng sat up despite of the pain, “Ah, my hair… I mean Sungmin, are you okay?”. The female then sat up too, rubbing her hurting . “Why did you do that out of the blue?” Heechul protested while rubbing a persimmon with his cloth, then gave it to Sungmin who eventually refused and turned her head away from Heechul. The female got her eyes narrowed, lip tightened.

“Hey! Are you mad at me? What did I do?”, Heechul being oblivious again. Sungmin took a tiny wooden branch beside her and wrote on the ground, You said I was fat’

“No. I said you’re heavy”

It’s the same!!, She folded her arms and pouted more which made Heechul chuckled. He was sure Sungmin was unaware how adorable she was when she was mad like that.

“All right… All right. It’s my bad. Now eat this!”, Heechul offered the fruit. Sungmin turned away again, “Sungmin-ah, you can mad all you want but you have to live first, you know?”.

 

(grumble….grumble….grumble….)

“See?!! Your stomach is singing again, begging to be fed”

Sungmin glanced at him and shook her head, that it’s not her stomach’s sound.

(grumble….grumble….grumble….)

Heechul raised his eyebrows and realized it’s him, “Ah… Seems like my stomach is also begging to be fed”. His words were earning giggles from the female. Heechul looked at her then laughed together. They eventually ate the persimmons together, but their moment had to be disturbed as two strangers, who knives hung beside their pants, came to approach them.

 

“Hi sweeties !!! It’s dangerous for women wandering alone in this forest. Want Oppas to take you home?”, the small chubby one smirked. Both Heechul and Sungmin stood up. The gisaeng instinctively moved to stand in front of Sungmin, “We know our own way to back home, Sirs. Goodbye”. Heechul said before leaving with Sungmin. But the bandits blocked their way again. The tall skinny one, “Hey!! My hyung said he wanted to help you. Why did you reject our good deed”.

 

Heechul scoffed, “We don’t hang out with smelly jobless people like you are”. The small chubby one got mad. He meant to take his knife, but Heechul moved faster, grabbed his manhood and crumpled it hard. The man was screaming like a scared chicken that's ready to be cut. Tears were burning in his eyes. Heechul smirked widely, took the moment to seize his knife while saying “This is another reason why I don’t cut my nails. Ah… wait, there’s nothing here. Don’t tell me your wife left you because of this”.

 

“What!!! You’re so mean. Hiks….How could juuuuuww…

 

“How dare you said that to my Hyung,” The tall skinny one drew his own knife, but got tripped by Sungmin’s foot. The female didn’t stop just like that, as his knife fell to the ground, Sungmin took the chance to pull his hair before the man could stand up then bumped her knee to his chin pretty hard. It’s been a while since she ever hit a man that way. She planned to execute another move, but Heechul grabbed her hand, “Let’s run!!”

 

Both of them were running with all their might yet none had fear in their eyes, but excitement, especially for the thrill they got as both the bandits decided to run after them. The game ‘catch me if you can’ continued until Heechul and Sungmin arrived at the end of the forest. They looked back, tried to find the figures of those fake wannabe bandits, yet they saw no one.

“It’s strange. I am sure they were chasing us a while ago. (Sniff…. Sniff…) their smell is gone too”, Heechul commented. Sungmin shrugged, felt a bit disappointed that they lost the fun too soon.

“Ah, whatever. I still have to walk you home anyway”, Heechul held Sungmin’s hand, then went ahead to Gyeongbok Palace.

 

However, away back in the forest. The two bandits were kneeling on the ground, had their hands behind their head. Their recent appearances were far from decent, battered, nose and mouth’s bleeding, swollen face’s black and blue.

“S—Sir, please spare our lives. Www—we didn’t do anything to you”, the small chubby one cried. The man who’s standing before them was staring in silence. His eyes were dark, staring at them like a hawk. His appearance was the reverse of his brutality, especially with the big cleaver that hung at his waist. No one would guess a pretty boy like that could take down two bandits whose build were bigger than him.

“How dare you put your hand on them”, His voice was low, but enough to make them tremble.

“Do you mean those women we chased earlier? We didn’t have a chance to touch them. Believe it or not. It’s actually us who got abused by them”, the tall skinny one spoke. His partner nodded and added, “Yes, hiks… especially the woman whose big eyes…hiks… she’s so cruel. I may never be able to have kid in my life….”

“We don’t know they’re your acquaintances, Sir. Please don’t kill us!!!!”

The man with cleaver chuckled, “If I wanted to kill you, I wouldn’t let you speak even a word to me from the first place. I have a job for you both”.

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

At concubine pavilion,

“Is that true? That King Cho fought with Captain Yonghwa? But why?”

Courtlady Taeyeon watched her master fidgeting her fingers, “I am sorry, Madam. I don’t know with what reason because royal guards prevented me to come near Gungsool field. But I heard from some courtladies, Captain Yonghwa protested about something which made his Majesty pretty mad and challenged him for a duel”

The concubine bit her lower lip, muttered “Captain… why are you so reckless?”. She actually had a reason in mind why Captain Yonghwa did that as she recalled their last conversation near Hyangwonji pond.

“Is his Majesty’s heart changing?”

“What do you mean, Captain?”

“I am just worried. You seem sad lately. And his Majesty also—“

“There’s nothing to worry about, Captain. I know your heart, you know my heart. Please stop caring about me”

“But…”

“It’s burdening me”

“I understand”

 

She felt bad for giving that cold treatment toward the man who had protected her since her childhood days. But after becoming a concubine, it’s too risky to rely on him, especially when all eyes were aimed at her.

“Madam, don’t you think it’s because jealousy? The king's majesty realizes Captain Yonghwa’s affection toward you. That’s why he got mad toward him”, Taeyeon eyes sparked.

Lady Seohyun shook her head, “Don’t speculate something like that. The rumor about me and captain Yonghwa has been up since years ago so why now? It must be because something else”

“But Madam, it’s been a while King Cho has his jealousy because of you, doesn’t it?”, Taeyeon grinned.

She tried very hard to suppress her emotion, because just last night the king had left her for another woman, yet she couldn’t hide a tiny smile sparked on her lip, “But…still I have to ask him by myself if it’s true…”

 

“King Cho has arrived!!!!”, a courtlady announced from outside.

Both Seohyun and Taeyeon stood up. The former meant to answer Let His Majesty enters, but the man just barged in without waiting, then walked hastily and grabbed her face to capture her lip with his own after. She had her eyes widened in shock at first, but eventually responded to the kiss.

Phea, what hap—“

“I love you,” he stated out of the blue.

She thought she heard it wrong as it’s too good to be true, especially after what happened last night between them, she thought the king was still mad at her. Her eyes were burning to release some tears. Maybe after the fight with captain Yonghwa, the king came to her place to confirm if she still loved him wholeheartedly like before. “I love you too, Phea” she answered before resting her head on his chest. But a pair of hands held her shoulder and prevented her to do so. It’s none other than the king himself.

Phea?”

His eyes seemed blank, staring to nowhere despite of there’s his wife standing in front of him. He took a step backward, shaking his own hair, “I…I am sorry, Hyun. I need sometimes alone,” he said before turning around and leaving her without any explanation.

Lady Seohyun stood frozen, watching the empty opened door, “Phea, what happens with you?”

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

At the front gate of Gyeongbok Palace, Lady Yubin met Sunkyu and Siwon to ask if there’s any progress about Queen Min’s whereabout.

“We have blocked all the entrances in Hanyang but no result. She isn’t around her parent’s graveyard either. I heard King Cho ordered everyone to stop looking for Queen Min. What happens, Madam?”

Lady Yubin sighed, “I also want to know the reason, Courtlady Sunkyu. Rather than that, I am more curious about something else. Does Queen Min has a close male friend lately or maybe… a lover?”, she lowered her tone in the last question.

Sunkyu frowned, she knew Lady Yubin was still curious about such thing, “We have talked about this before, Madam. It’s a nonsense3".

Lady Yubin scoffed, “You don’t need to look upset like that. I am just asking”

Sunkyu quickly bent her head, “I am not upset, Madam. It’s just—“

“Who’s that courtlady’s name anyway? I keep seeing her following you or Queen Min around lately”, She changed the topic, then turned her glance toward Sulli who’s standing behind Siwon and Sunkyu.

“She is Courtlady Sulli, Madam”. Sulli got startled by the mention of her name, didn’t dare to raise her eyes to the judging stare from Lady Yubin. The lady ought to know that Queen Min left the palace with her last night. Thus she closed her eyes, ready with whatever punishment she would get because of failing her duty.

Lady Yubin was observing her for a second as she remembered Lady Yuri once informed her if the phoenix was a woman, probably she’s courtlady Sulli. “What’s your full name?”

Sulli lifted up her head in an instant, “Ye..Yes? Jj… Jo Sulli”.

“Madam, what’s the matter?”, Sunkyu asked out of curiosity. The Lady seemed deep in thought for a moment, then muttered something, “Hmmm… it’s not her”.

 

“Chief Siwon!! Courtlady Sunkyu!! Look who’s just coming!!”, Officer Jinki approached them with excitement and pointed his finger toward the two figures walking from a distance. Sunkyu along with everyone turned their eyes, couldn’t believe with that sight.

 

“Min Mama!!!”

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

Prince Yesung approached Kyuhyun on his way back to his quarters, he noticed the king was walking unsteadily, as if the latter was daydreaming about something, “Phea!” he called him yet no answer. He quickened his step, held him on the shoulder, then called his name, “Kyuhyun-ah!!”. The latter stopped, “We need to talk, Kyu. What happened with you?” he told his concern.

 

He exhaled some air and shook his head, “It’s nothing, Hyung. I need sometimes alone," he said, then walked passed his brother. But Yesung didn’t stop there, “Don’t you think it’s childish to wreak your anger toward Captain Yonghwa in front all the royal bodyguards? You seem out of yourself since we met in Gaiya village. What’s bothering you?”

 

“Son!!!”, Queen Mother Insoo along with her courtladies and Eunuch Kang came approaching the two.

 

His mother touched her son’s face, worrying if there’s some bruises from his duel with Captain Yonghwa, “Are you okay, Son? What happened? Did captain Yonghwa did something wrong that upset you? I will tell the Ministry of Justice to fire him if you want”

 

“I said it’s nothing. I AM PERFECTLY FINE!!”, Kyuhyun removed her touch from him and accidentally raised his voice.

 

“Son!!?”

 

Kyuhyun sighed in regret and shook his head, “I am sorry, Mother. I need some air alone right now. Please understand.. (sigh) and don't do anything to Captain Yonghwa.”

 

Queen Mother Insoo let out a heavy sigh, “I understand. It must be because of Queen Min, right? She also gave me headaches lately. I wonder if running away has become her habit.”

 

The King meant to take his leave, but froze once he heard Changmin’s voice calling his name. “Phea!!” Officer Changmin was running breathlessly toward them. “Queen Min….(pant…pant…)… Queen Min has come back. She is currently at the main gate”

 

“Is she okay? I heard she had been attacked”, despite of feeling chafed because of Sungmin’s recent behavior, there’s still some concern in the Queen Mother's tone.

 

“Yes, Daebi Mama”

 

Queen Mother Insoo turned to her son, “Son, don’t you want to see your wife?”.

 

….

 

“Son?”

 

Kyuhyun stayed silent. No one was aware except Yesung who saw him balling his fists hard.

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

 

Heechul stared at the long, sharp shining things which were barely an inch before him, “Could you please…um… put the swords further from my neck? I …I am your queen’s savior. If it was not me, she— “

“You Gisaeng have no right to talk here!!”, Lady Yubin shot a glare toward him. Heechul never expected any warm welcome from the female since their first meeting gave pretty bad impression.

Heechul glanced at Sunkyu, but the latter purposely looked away. He couldn’t blame her though, he’s aware the courtlady was still pissed off about their last meeting. No need to question about Siwon, even the tall man meant to punch him that morning if it’s not because Donghae. Heechul gritted his teeth as he remembered how he got punched by Donghae in the face. He swore he would make that kid’s life into bloody hell once he met him again. But he had to get out of this place alive first to do so. Thus he turned to Sungmin.

“Mi—Min Mama…. Please say something!!”, his voice hitched. He wondered why she kept quiet. Not that he forgot that she was mute.

“Min Mama, are you sure this person didn’t kidnap you?”

“If I kidnapped her, why should I walk her home? (Are you stupid?)”, Heechul shouted out his logic, which earning full glare again from Lady Yubin.

 

No aunty. She… saved my life’.

Sunkyu was stunned with her statement, thinking her eyes failed to read her lip movement for a second. ‘Min Mama, how could you change your mind overnight. He hurt you!!’

Aunty,  please don’t put me in a shame. She deserves some gratitude reprisal, not swords’

“You disappeared after being attacked by some assassins. Then met her in the forest”

Me…, neither being attacked nor disappearing by myself has something to do with her’

“She is a gisaeng!”

‘She is my friend’

Lady Yubin starred at her niece with bulging eyes, “You mean what?!!”.

“Mama!!”, Sunkyu called her with much worries in her face. Heechul didn’t understand what they’re talking about. ‘It must be something spectacular’, he thought.

 

Lady Yubin glanced at the gisaeng again, this time was with observing eyes. She recalled again about what Madam Sohee said before she left Lord Sooman’s residence.

 

“You said if the phoenix is a woman, she will bring more fortunes to Queen Min, right?”

“Yes, Madam”

“How did she look”

“She has big eyes, her nose-bridge is also sharp”

“Any clue how we can find her?”

“My last vision told me that her name’s characters contained ‘Water’ element and ‘hope’ linked together, even though she’s born under  the firebird star”

 

 

“Tell them to put down their swords!”, Lady Yubin asked Siwon. “Yes, Madam”, the chief of family soldiers replied before glancing to his troops and signed them to carry out the order. Heechul let out a relief sigh as they put down the swords around them, but he choked out with his own breath the second after as Lady Yubin talked to him, “What’s your full name?”.

“Um…Lady Heehee, Madam”

“Not the fake one, your real name!”

Heechul gulped, he turned to Sungmin, noticing the female slightly shook her head. Heechul formed a tiny smile to assure her that it’s okay, “My real name is Kim Heechul”.

Lady Yubin became silent for a moment, then her eyes sparkled as she realized the Chinese characters of ‘Hee (Xī)’ and ‘Chul (Che)’ did mean hope and water linked together. This person might be the phoenix Madam Sohee was talking about, she thought.

 

“Queen Mother Insoo has arrived!!”, a royal bodyguard announced her arrival. Everyone bowed toward the elder woman to show their respect.

“Sungmin-ah, I am glad you’re back without being injured”

Sunkyu translated Sungmin’s reply, “Min Mama said she felt so sorry to put everyone worrying about her”

The Queen mother let out a long breath, “Good that you’re aware of that. I hope you won’t do the same thing ever again”

Sungmin bowed her head again, Yes, Mother. I apologize’.

 

“Who is she, by the way?” she turned her glance toward Heechul.

“She is Min Mama’s friend, Daebi Mama,” Lady Yubin explained.

“Her friend? Why didn’t I see you before?”

“I heard they met recently, Daebi Mama”

“What’s your name?”

Heechul greeted her and bowed his head, “I am Lady Heehee. I must have a great luck today to be able to meet you in person like this, Daebi Mama

Queen Mother Insoo smiled, “Hmmm…. Her attitude isn’t bad. So you’ve been with her all this long. What did make you meet this person without telling anyone?” she asked Sungmin. The Queen looked in a puzzle about how she had to explain. Queen Mother Insoo shouldn’t have to know Heechul’s identity as a gisaeng yet.

“What is your job?”, the king’s mother turned to Heechul again.

Lady Yubin stepped up, “She is—“

“I want her answer it by herself, Madam”, Queen Mother Insoo glanced at her, sharp and proud. Lady Yubin clenched her hands. In front of the public like that, she had to obey her words no matter what, despite of the elder being her pawn chess.

 

“What is your job, Lady Heehee?”, Queen Mother Insoo repeated her question again.

 “I am a Gi—“, Heechul was about to answer that he’s a gisaeng but stopped as he felt the pressure from Lady Yubin’s stare toward him. Sunkyu and Siwon did the same thing even slightly shaking their heads. Everyone who knew his identity as a gisaeng expected him to say he was a musical artist or a gayageum teacher, but what he was about to say a second later was beyond their imagination.

“I am Min Mama’s love consultant”

Everyone hung open, Sungmin included—except Queen Mother Insoo who seemed interested.

“Waah…Is that the reason why the both of you met in secret?”

“Yes, Daebi Mama. I am sorry if this will sound disrespectful, but we talked about how to succeed in making babies. So please forgive Min Mama for not telling anyone”, the way he spilled his words was  too fluent to be the truth.

 

Sunkyu, Siwon, and Sulli were left speechless. Even Sungmin felt her soul flying to the sky.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

1Mawang : The Black Dragon that Lee Faction worshipped. Also means the king of darkness. Unlike Jonseong people who mostly believed in Confucianism. (firstly mentioned in chapter 28)

2According to chapter 37 where Sohee met Heechul for the first time.

3According to chapter 31 when Sunkyu was interrogated by Lady Yuri and Madam Sohee about with whom she closed with recently.




A.N : here the new update I promised before. I am sorry I suppose to update last night but I overslept then realized I had not updated the new chapter yet Kekekekeke xD.Like always this is unbeta-ed version, it takes long to fix the grammar so I hope you'll understand ^^. Thank you so much for your comments guys ^^.