Bond

The Mute Queen

He stared at the prisoner closely. This man’s appearance was in a mess but the King was still able to recognize the beautiful features that had deceived him. Big round eyes and pointy nose. It’s not his first time to meet a transgender so he was sure he could differentiate between a transgender and a real woman only in one glance before. But this, he never met a man could be this pretty and feminine only with his face. He could fake his voice too. Such a good talent for fooling people.

 

“Answer me” Kyuhyun said coldly. The gisaeng was sweating and didn’t dare to look on his eyes. “At the palace... I don’t mean to...”

 

“Lie about your name? That’s not the reason why I come to this dirty place”

 

“I am...I am not a spy. I am just a gisaeng. Please believe me, Phea”

 

 “I told you to not smart on me. Answer my first question!!!” Kyuhyun put off his hand from Heechul’s chin.The gisaeng gulped his own saliva and went back to his former kneeling position staring to the ground “I am sorry Phea. I don’t know what are you talking about”

 

Kyuhyun scoffed. It was only wasting his time to ask whether he knew Sungmin or not since he had seen it with his own eyes that both Heechul and Sungmin knew each other “Then I go straight to my main questions. How do you meet and know Lee Sungmin? What is your real intension toward her? Is there anyone beyond your action to get closer with her? Or actually both you and Lee Sungmin are scheming something?”

 

Heechul quickly looked up to his majesty and shook his head “Scheming something? No. Phea. You misunderstand. I just met her a month ago when she fainted at a forest. I saved her. Just that. End of story”

 

Kyuhyun’s brows twitched. A month ago? It’s exactly when Sungmin disappeared on the day Ming emissary visited Gyeongbok palace. “You saved her because you knew who she was.  What’s your purpose? Tell me you were purposely getting close to her by disguising yourself as a woman then you asked her help to cheat in dance competition”.

 

Heechul’s eyes widened in horror “Wha...what? No. Phea. Please believe me. She knows who I am. She is a good person. I know she wouldn’t do that kind of thing. We are not that close either. I didn’t cheat on dance competition. Someone reported me without prove”. She wouldn’t do that. She wouldn’t do that. Heechul’s mind kept repeating that words again and again.

 

This time is the King’s turn widening his eyes “She know who you are?”. The King didn’t realize he was balling his fists right now. His mind recalling how many skinship Sungmin did with the gisaeng when he caught them playing around at the green field near Hanyang forest before. That meant Sungmin was aware this gisaeng was a man. That hugging... that laughters... that stares... that smiles...

 

“I am sure she is not involved in this. I was framed”

 

Kyuhyun held his chin again and smirked “How can you be that sure? How do you know she is a good person? You’re talking about her as if you know who she really is...”

 

Heechul became speechless. Doubt started growing inside his mind. How could he be that sure? Who was Lee Sungmin? He didn’t know much about her except her name. But then, why the King was so interested asking about her. He told his reasons but what the King asked him for always lead to Sungmin not even curious about why he lied about his name nor was he a spy or not.

 

“Phea..., what do you want from me?” Heechul stared at his eyes this time. He expected to saw angers in his eyes but not. He couldn’t explain with words.

 

What did he want from him? Kyuhyun had tons of questions toward this gisaeng about his queen. But all his words were implying he didn’t know Sungmin is the queen of Jonseong. Kyuhyun believed his instinct. Human behavior might change but not their nature. How could this gisaeng change her? That possibility was like making snow fall in a hot day. This curiosity kept digging the wall inside him scratch by scratch.

 

“Who are you to her? How... how... did you make... (how did you make her smile like that?)” The King didn’t finish his words. Instead he sighed in frustation and turned back to leave.

 

“She is my friend” Kyuhyun paused as he heard Heechul’s words. Kyuhyun turned back to face the gisaeng. Heechul smiled to him and repeated his words “She is my friend. That’s the only thing I know about her”

 

Kyuhyun became silent for a moment. Heechul actually wanted to ask back the King about why he was so curious about his relationship with Sungmin but the other man just turned his back again and left the gisaeng without anymore words.

 

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

That stressfull night was ended with a peaceful dawn. No one noticed that was a sign of the beginning storm for Jonseong. Cockscrowing had been heard through entire Gyeongbok palace. Royal guards who did their job at night exchanged their shift duty to another guards who had enough sleep at the day before. Same like all courtladies, they woke up before sunrise, dressed up with their uniform tidily, then went straight to their own department to serve royal family.

 

Sunkyu was ready to head up to the Queen bathing chamber to prepare a warm water for the queen. She also meant to take a chance to inform Queen Min about Heechul but in the way she had been intercepted by Lady Yuri and Sunye “We need to talk Courtlady Sunkyu”.

 

Sunkyu got startled with their sudden appearance that she had to hold her chest to calm her “Lady Yuri, what do you want to talk about this early morning?”.

 

“Madam Sohee has some questions for you” Lady Yuri said.

 

“Just for minutes, Sunkyu-shi. Madam Sohee waited for you in her chamber” Sunye bowed to her. Sunkyu sighed. She knew this was coming.

 

Meanwhile, In the Queen pavilion, Sungmin couldn’t sleep well. She had woken up several times. She felt anxious after meeting her teacher. She was afraid if she found out that she lied to her.

 

“You didn’t say that forbidden words toward the King, right?”

No. I didn't say those words, Teacher

“I feel relieved then. Now have a good sleep, Min Mama. I’ll come to meet you again after I go to greet your mother in law tomorrow”

 

 

Those forbidden words. Her late mother reminded her many times about it in the past. That she wouldn’t say ‘I hate you’ toward Kyuhyun no matter what happened. Sungmin never considered it to be such a big deal for Lee faction since she believed she wouldn’t say that words toward the person she loved so much.

 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Flashback

**********

“Teacher, I have a question” The little Sungmin asked Lady Yubin in her studying room.

 

“Finish copying the book first, Sungmin” her teacher said firmly. Sungmin sighed in disappointment.

 

The teacher then glanced at Sungmin. The girl sticked out while copying a philosophy book. Lady Yubin formed a faintly smile. This kid was still pure. Blank. But her character and nature had showed what a Lee’s line had to be. The best vessel to make a strongest weapon for Lee faction “Alright. One question. But if it’s about useless thing again. I will punish you”

 

“Of course no. I am not a child anymore”

 

“So what is it?”

 

“About being a Jonseong shadow. Why my mother said that saying ‘I hate you’ to the crown prince is a taboo? She kept saying our bond will break if I said that. What bond? We even haven’t officially... married yet” Sungmin said the last words with blushing cheeks.

 

Lady Yubin’s expression slightly changed “Lee Sungmin! Have you forgotton about what you have learned already?” she said a half snapping. Sungmin was a bit startled. Obliviously didn’t know what her teacher meant.

 

“You have learned about every word in this world have it own energy, right? When it’s combined with other words will form a meaning. That’s the real origin of those stupid people called as magic. Most of them aren’t aware with this power but we do. We call it Danoui Chi. The Power of Words”

 

“Danoui Chi?”

 

“Yes. Your bond with crown prince Kyuhyun is built layer by layer with Danoui Chi by Cho clan and Lee clan. But every bond has weakness. If there are words that can form a power, there will always be the words that can destroy it. Words “I hate you” will break the first layer”

 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

End of Flashback

**************

 

Sungmin got up from her bed and massage her temple. Danoui Chi. Had she really broken the first layer of her bond with Kyuhyun? She had anything with him but love. He might have a lot of reason to not loving her, but Sungmin had not. Those evil things she did in the past, she thought it’s the only way to express her feeling and emphasized her existence. She never regretted them even once.

 

She believed her beloved King would never do something worse than her. He held fair justice over everything. He’s wise. Always thinking deeply befode deciding what best for his country. His mouth never been uttered any poisonous words. That’s why she was willing to take dirty works to make this Kingdom kept steady. But what he said on that night three years ago had betrayed her belief.

 

“Now I give you two options, Min. Your brother’s life or sleep with me?... I guess you will choose to have a with me and carrying my child to be the next King, right?”

 

“I hate you Cho Kyuhyun”

 

Eventhough in the end, the King canceled her brother’s dead punishment. That forbidden words had been said with her own mouth. There was no taken a back. People from Choi faction kept persuading him to set back Lord Eunhyuk’s dead sentence but the King stood still so she felt thankful. That’s why Sungmin never regreted to make Seohyun to become his concubine. Eventhough it’s felt really hurt and her heart had given up but she withstood with her point that Lee Sungmin would never have debt.

 

“Min Mama. We have prepared your bathtub” Courtlady Dasom said outside her chamber. Sungmin knocked the table beside her three times as a sign that the courtlady was permitted to come in. She came and be followed by a new courtlady.

 

‘Who is she?’ Sungmin glanced at the new courtlady beside Dasom.

 

“Her name is Gahee, Min Mama. A new courtlady who is brought along by Lady Yubin”

 

The new courtlady bowed down toward the queen and smile “I am Gahee, ready to serve you with all my life Min Mama”

 

Sungmin nodded then glanced back to Dasom Where is Sunkyu?’

 

“Lady Yuri said she needed to talk about internal court affair with Courtlady Sunkyu for a moment because she didn’t want to disturb your sleep Min Mama.” Dasom replied. About internal court affair? Sungmin wondered if it’s about her teacher Lady Yubin.

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

“It’s been a while Lady Yubin. You never changed even a bit. You’re still as pretty as the first time I met you” Queen Mother Insoo poured a tea for Lady Yubin in her chamber.

 

“You too Daebi Mama. You’re still as wise as always. I am sorry for disturbing you this early morning” Lady Yubin took the cup and bowed her head to show her gratitude.

 

“Oh. Don’t think about it. You know I always wake up early. Royal doctor also said it’s good too for my health. Anyway, I guess you are here not only to greet me Lady Yubin”

 

“Yes Daebi Mama. This is about Lee Faction and Royal family”

 

Queen mother Insoo sighed. This matter also became her concern nowadays “Too many things happened in these three years, Lady Yubin. I guess you know what the reason. That’s why you come back here from your peaceful life, right?”

 

“Yes. That’s why we need to talk privately” Lady Yubin threw her glance toward Madam Ook. Fortunately, Queen Mother Insoo understood what she meant “Madam Ook, please leave us alone”. Madam Ook looked a bit unwilling to obey her command because she’s curious about what she would be talking about. Lady Yubin smiled satisfiedly then glanced toward the courtlady beside her “You can leave us too, Ye Eun”.

 

“Thank you so much Daebi Mama. Your grace is immeasurable” Lady Yubin bowed her head.

 

“Is this about my son and Queen Min?”

 

“Yes”

 

“What do you want?”

 

“I will be straight to the point. Their bond is withered”

 

Queen Mother Insoo meant to take a sip of her tea but paused in the mid way. She glanced at Lady Yoobin with wider eyes “Withered? You mean.... that’s why Lee faction becomes...”

 

“Yes. Daebi Mama. I guess your son is the cause for breaking the first bond three years ago”

 

“What do you mean my son broke it? Then we can just making a ceremony to fix the bonding again, isn’t it?” She became anxious. Eventhough she didn’t know much about Jonseong Shadow but she was aware enough that if the bonding between royal family and Lee faction was broken, it’s meant bad lucks for Jonseong.

 

“It’s not that easy”

 

“So why do you come here after three years? Do you know what’s happening these three years? So many rebellions come out to surface. What your faction has been doing until now?”

 

“if your son didn’t break it—“

 

“Why do you keep blaming my—“ She stopped raising her voice at Lady Yubin once the other female stared at her with fierce eyes. She became speechless. Her guts quickly shrinked.

 

“Daebi Mama. Please think objectively. If the present King trusted Lee faction and didn’t treat us as enemy. This kind of  misfortune wouldn’t have happened”

 

“Wha...what do you want?”

 

“I want you to persuade your son to invite Lord Lee Sooman to be back to palace and become a main member of royal council”

 

“It’s not easy. Kyuhyun’s way of thought and judgement are influenced a lot by his late father. He knew he would never compatible leading this country with that kind of man”

 

“I also want to be the head of Songbusajo. Internal Court Affair Investigation team who is in charge of looking after all courtladies in this palace”

 

“That position is held by courtlady Suk. It wouldn’t be easy because she’s a relative of the head of Royal Investigation Bureau”.

 

“We can get rid of her. No need to worry”

 

“Are you not going overboard, Lady Yubin?”

 

“No. This for Jonseong and your son too. If he is not compatible as a king. We can choose another King. You know who is the next candidate in line, right? Prince Ye—”

 

“LADY YUBIN !! I may not much understand about Jonseong shadow but you’re speaking with a royal family right now. I know Cho clan and Lee clan have a very deep relationship. But you have to know who’s the real master. Your ancestors originally just a servant who sold their soul to the devil” Queen Mother Insoo couldn’t hold her angers any longer.

 

Lady Yubin laughed and shook her head “Hahaha...Daebi Mama. I think you’re the one who go overboard. I guess you still remember who had helped you to get rid of the late Queen Soojung and made you become a queen of Jonseong” she smirked triumphantly. This old woman’s heart had been in her hand for a long times. Lee faction let the latter forgot the sin and lived a peaceful life just for waiting to make her got a heart attack someday.

 

Queen Mother Insoo’s hands were shakening violently. She had to hide them beneath the table so Lady Yubin wouldn’t see it. But too bad, Lady Yubin had noticed it only by seeing her sweat flowing all over her face. Everybody had past. They could think they could hide or purged their crimes by repenting but it didn’t mean they could erase it all.

 

Lady Yubin sighed “Don’t get me wrong, Daebi Mama. We’re not your son's enemy as long as he treat us well. Don’t doubt our loyalty toward Jonseong. If our purpose to seize the throne we would have done it since a long ago”

 

“Then.... about choosing another king. You’re... joking, right?” the angers in her eyes was disappeared immediately and be replaced by fears and agitations.

 

Lady Yubin smiled gently “That will be the last thing we ever thought if your son abandon us, Daebi Mama. Please consider my request” Lady Yubin bowed her head then stood up and ready to leave.

 

“You’re so different with your sister Lady Soo Ae, Lady Yubin. She might be so arrogant, stubborn and conservative but she still had a tenderness in her heart” Queen Mother Insoo said more calmly this time.

 

Lady Yubin smiled then turned to the Queen Mother “It’s because she believed in love, Daebi Mama. For us Lee faction, love is a weakness. Jonseong couldn’t be protected only by that lenient thing. I take my leave now”

 

After Lady Yubin took her leave, Madam Ook came inside Queen Mother Insoo’s chamber. She couldn’t hear anything while she had been outside because the courtlady who came with Lady Yubin was keeping an eye on her. As she met Queen Mother Insoo, she saw the latter looked nervous and anxious.

 

“Hhhhaaarggh!!!!”(prang!!!!!!!)

 

The queen mother screamed and swept all porcelaine tool sets on the table angrily with her hands then threw them to the floor “Daebi Mama!! What happened?”

 

Queen Mother Insoo glanced at Madam Ook who starting to collect the broken pieces. Her in laws. Coming from a middle status family. She never opposed Seohyun became Kyuhyun’s concubine since it’s official decision from Queen Min and she was Kyuhyun’s lover too. But now she was starting to regret it. If the King’s concubine came from a family with great power in royal council, at least she would have a strong back up and not been cornered in a dead end like this.

 

“Useless...”

 

“Pardon?” Madam Ook glanced at her. Not had any idea the word Queen Mother Insoo was meant to her.

 

Queen Mother Insoo shook her head “Nothing. Just leave me alone. I need some rest”

 

“Yes, Daebi Mama” Madam Ook took a leave. After she closed the door, she mused for a moment. She wondered if they talked about how to gain Lee faction’s power back again. Then she remembered about Lord Seunghyun’s offer to her a couple of weeks ago. To help him taking down Lee faction. She rejected his offer at first but now she’s starting to reconsider it.

 

Meanwhile, as Lady Yubin got out from Queen Mother’s Insoo pavilion, she was greeted by Prime Minister Leeteuk at the gate.

 

Lady Yubin bowed to him “It’s been a while Lord Leeteuk”

 

“Welcome back Lady Yubin” He bowed back and smiled at her.

 

“You must feel upset about your wife’s action. But you have to understand, this is for your own sake too. You’ve been through such a hard times this three years. Don’t worry. I come here to help”

 

Some doubts were still drawn on the prime minister’s face but everything about Lee faction is seemed already too late right now. Might be a more radical way would regain Lee faction’s power again “Thanks for your concern, Lady Yubin”

 

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

Sunkyu came back to the Queen pavilion after having a secret conversation with a shaman woman Madam Sohee. This time she wasn’t alone. She brought Sulli with her.

 

“Thanks for accepting me to serve Queen Min senior Sunkyu” Sulli walked behind her excitedly. Her feet were still felt hurt but she could forget the pain for a moment because finally her dream to become Queen Min's courtlady came true.

 

“You’re still under trial. Don’t be happy too much. And why is your friend coming  too? I don’t invite her”

 

Sulli turned her back and saw Sunyoung following her “Yah! Sunyoung why are you  following me? I told you I am fine”

 

“I will go wherever you go. I have promised your grandmother to watch over you!!” courtlady Sunyoung insisted.

 

“I am not a child anymore!!”

 

“Yes you are!!”

 

“Sun—“

 

“Enough you two!!” Sunkyu snapped made both of them quiet in an instant “You two are under trial to become Queen’s courtlady. I still can’t trust you fully, especially you!” Sunkyu pointed out toward Sunyoung “Me?”

 

“You have a higher potential as a traitor”

 

“Hahaha.... Oops!” Sulli laughed at the shocked Sunyoung for a second but stopped once Sunkyu glared at her “You know your real duty, right?”

 

“Yes. I am clear” Sulli said confidently.

 

“This is only between us. You know what will happen if you break your promise, right? I am not joking”

 

“Yes. Please believe us” Sulli replied.

 

“Okay. Now follow me and keep calm” Sunkyu commanded them before walking on. Sulli took a deep breath and tidied her handbok’s ribbon then followed the courtlady together with her friend.

 

As they arrived at the Queen pavilion, they were greeted by courtlady Dasom and Gahee “Where is Queen Min now?”

 

“She is in her chamber, right now. Other courtladies are dressing her” Courtlady Gahee said.

 

“Right. Here I want to introduce our new courtladies. They are Sulli and Sunyoung. They’re still under trial. Please guide them” Sunkyu said to courtlady Dasom.

 

Courtlady Dasom nodded “Yes, I understand”

 

“Please bring them to see around the pavilion and tell them about Queen Min’s schedule, habits, her favourite food, and things she dislike. Courtlady Gahee is better to go along with them too”

 

“But, I had used to be a courtlady here before I went out of the palace with Lady Yubin. I know ins and outs of this pavilion” Courtlady Gahee opposed since she wasn’t a new trained courtlady.

 

Sunkyu smiled at  her “I am sorry Gahee-shi. There’s so much changes in this place after 8 years. It’s better that way so courtlady Dasom doesn’t need to tell the same things twice”

 

Courtlady Gahee seemed to disagree but she knew her position. Sunkyu was the head of courtladies in Queen pavilion. She still had to obey her eventhough she was younger than her.

 

As Dasom led those three left to look around pavilion. Sunkyu let out a relief smile. Finally she could take a chance to talk privately with Queen Min. She knew Lady Yubin’s purpose to insert some of her people as Queen Min’s courtladies was to spy on her. Eventhough she had to accept two amateur courtladies here as a decoy, it’s worth the risk. This was the only chance. She believed there would be no chance after this since she’s sure Lady Yubin would have a long stay here. Especially after talking with Madam Sohee earlier.

 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Flashback

**********

“Did you hear about the conversation between King Cho and Queen Min on the royal first night three years ago?” Lady Yuri asked her in Madam Sohee’s chamber.

 

“No. All courtladies were stayed outside Queen pavilion”

 

“Are Queen Min meeting a new friend recently or seeing another man except the king majesty?” The shaman woman asked Sunkyu.

 

“Seeing another man? How dare you talked about Queen Min like that?” She snapped at Madam Sohee but the latter kept being calmed as always.

 

“Just to make sure Sunkyu. Please believe her. This is important for tenacity of Jonseong shadow” Lady Yuri added.

 

“Is the person a male or female?”

 

Sunkyu frowned “Is that matter?”

 

“If it is a female, she can bring a lot of lucks for the Queen. If that friend is a male, the sacred bond between the emperor with Jonseong Shadow will be withered”

 

“You can do foretelling right? Why don’t you find it out by yourself”

 

“Courtlady Sunkyu, please watch your mouth. Even Queen Min’s parent gave Madam Sohee a lot of respect. She came here to purify this palace” Lady Yuri warned her. But Madam Sohee just smiled “It’s okay Lady Yuri. I understand. When I held a praying ceremony at our temple, In my vision, I saw a phoenix”

 

“Phoenix?”

 

“Yes. A firebird. A long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn. It’s a symbol of overwhelming power because it’s associated with the sun but it’s also meant the sign of a downfall”

 

“How...how it’s related to Queen Min?” Sunkyu was starting to become curious.

 

“I saw the phoenix was embracing the heart of Jonseong shadow. The heart of Jonseong shadow here is Queen Min. The meaning of this foretelling is depended on the genre of this firebird. If it’s a female, we don’t have to worry because she will help Queen Min to control Jonseong as King’s shadow but if it’s a male.... Just like I said before, he will bring misfortunes for Queen Min. The problem is we don’t know what’s the phoenix’s genre. The view was so blurry”

 

Sunkyu was nearly choked to her own saliva hearing the shaman’s words, especially the end part. If this foretelling woman talked about Heechul. Of course it would be blury. He’s a transgender. Even Sunkyu still couldn’t believe that gisaeng was actually a man if she didn’t see his adam apple. The first time she had been thankful with her height. Heechul was a gay ert from head to toes. No need to worry. She thought.

 

“What’s the matter, Courtlady Sunkyu?” Lady Yuri asked curiously with Sunkyu’s reaction.

 

Sunkyu shook her head and smiled awkwardly “No. I just think it’s pretty fu—scarry. About the firebird thing”

 

“This is serious. Sunkyu-shi. If the phoenix in this foretelling is a man. We have to kill him before he destroys the last bond between the King Cho and Queen Min - his shadow. You know very well about Lee clan’s bonding as Jonseong shadow, right? The King majesty has destroyed the first layer. Two layer remained”

 

Sunkyu became serious again “What are those two layer?”

 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

End of Flashback

***************

 

Sunkyu stood in front of the last door of Queen Min’s chamber. She meant to tell her about Heechul’s case but before that she had to confirm about something first.

 

“Min Mama, this is me, Sunkyu” the courtlady knocked the door. Sungmin heard her and signed the courtladies inside the room to end their task dressing her by raising a hand. A courtlady wanted to protest that she hadn’t finished to fix Sungmin’s hanbok ribbon but the latter commanded her to open the door.

 

All of you can leave’

 

The courtladies took Sungmin’s dirty clothes then excused themself to leave. Sunkyu stayed at one side of the door and watched their figure disappeared through the front door.

 

Sunkyu closed the door then walked toward the Queen and lowered her voice “Min Mama, we need to talk about Heechul”

 

Sungmin’s eyebrows raised. Heechul. Why she forgot about him? Seemed like she had been too drawn with Lady Yubin’s sudden arrival. Then the memory of that kiss came on to her. She shook her head and turned her back. She wanted to erase that memory from her mind. She didn’t like this kind of feeling. She had more important problem right now.

 

“Heechul-shi was arrested by Jonseong police yesterday, Min Mama”

 

Sungmin’s eyes grew wider then turned back to face Sunkyu again Arrested?!!!’

 

“Yes, Min Mama”

 

Sunkyu started to explain every details she knew about Heechul’s case and the possibility he was trapped by using his smooth entrance in dance competition. Sungmin began worried and upset about Heechul at the same time. She knew the torture from Hanyang’s prison was unbearable. They would keep torture him until he admitted the crime he didn’t do. She swore she would make anyone who accused Heechul to suffer thousand times.

 

 ‘Sunkyu, Please send someone to call Siwon. We have to meet the head of Jonseong’s police now”

 

Sungmin went to take her dark cloak for her disguise then walked straight to the door but Sunkyu prevented her by standing on her way and spread her arms “No. Min Mama. You can’t leave. You know Lady Yubin’s spies are everywhere right now. It’s too risky. It’s for your own good. For Heechul too”

 

‘But I have to help him!! He is not guilty. If necessary, burn all signatures from those mucisians and cut their hands if they won’t cancel their protest!!!!’ Sungmin’s eyes flared in angers. She had enough with that kind of discrimination.

 

“Min Mama, Please. Think about who you are and who heechul is. You’re the Queen of Jonseong while he is.... A Gisaeng”. Sungmin let out a frustation sigh. She knew that fact more than anyone else.

 

“Min Mama. Actually before I come here, I have been interrogated by Lady Yuri and Madam Sohee. You remember Madam Sohee, right?”

 

Sungmin’s eyes wided in horror. She started to the scar on her left index finger. Of course she remembered that shaman woman. But why she also came here?

 

“She came along with Lady Yubin, Min Mama. She had been asking me whether you’re seeing someone recently. If it’s woman, they will support her, but if it’s a man who you meet to, they will kill him. I told them that you did meet a female friend. A young courtlady named Sulli. I didn’t expect that girl’s role will be useful at this time. You’re safe now Min Mama. As long as you don’t meet Heechul. He will be safe too”

 

But... there’s no one who can help him beside me Sunkyu’ Sungmin pleaded. This was the first time for Sunkyu seeing her queen pleaded to safe someone's life.

 

“Min Mama.... if you really want him to be released from jail. I can help you. But I need to confirm something from you Min Mama” Sunkyu started to kneel before Sungmin and took out a small knife from her sleeve then held it near her own neck “You can order me to cut  my own neck if you think I am being unrespectful toward you with this question”

 

Sungmin looked surprised with the courtlady’s sudden action ‘Sunkyu, you don’t have to—‘

 

“Min Mama, Do you like Heechul as a friend or as a man?”

 

Sungmin was frozed with Sunkyu’s straight forward question...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC

#########################################################################################################

Finally ^^ the first chapter that reaches 5000 words ^^. I am sorry for my lateness. My holiday has ended. My school will be started next week. Asianfanfics is so quiet this month. There's no story updates from my favourite authors. It feel so frustating. Being a reader is so hard TT__TT. This upcoming semester I will be starting my research thesis. I hope I can finish it on time and publish a journal before July 2014. That's why I will be on semi hiatus an AFF starting to next month. I have some on going fics and have to put them into semi hiatus too but The Mute Queen is exception since I get a lot of love from this fic so I can not have a heart to torture my reader for a year hiatus, right?? ^^ (I still may write random shorty oneshot though ^^)

I am easily bribed with comments so please tell me what you think about this chapter ^^.