A Link From The Past

The Mute Queen

Sungmin and Eunhyuk were riding a bus to go back to their dorm. As usual, they sat on the second line from back near the doorway. “Seriously hyung, I can’t believe you said that to M & D vocalist. What’s come into your mind thinking Heechul as a transgender?” Eunhyuk’s nagging at him.

 

“He’s pretty, Hyuk. He looked like a girl”

 

“Then say it to yourself!!!”

 

Sungmin pouted at the younger “What's that mean? You supposed to thank me because I helped you. That Heechul guy now has made me become his personal assistant for a whole month”

 

Eunhyuk snapped “Who’s fault?”

 

Sungmin pleaded with shaking his shoulder back and forth “Hyukkiee..., I will be careful. Promise”

 

Eunhyuk sighed in defeat “Should I accompany you tomorrow?”

 

“No need”

 

“You’ve lost your holiday time for a month hyung. You don’t want to go home?”

 

Sungmin’s expression changed instantly as he heard the word ‘home’ from Eunhyuk. He didn’t like his home’s atmosphere. Tensed, cold, and quiet...

 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Flashback

***********

“Father, I need to talk with you” Sungmin said after he came inside his father office room. “What is it Sungmin?” He looked busy checking some financial report from Avex company “If it’s important, make it short”.

 

“I heard you paid  the school principal so I wouldn't be kicked out from school”. He stopped his work for a moment and took a glance to Sungmin “So, is that your manner to thank me?”

 

“I have kicked out 7 school punks to hospital today”

 

“Seems like your martial art skill have been much improving now” he said plainly.

 

“Father!!!”

 

“Sungmin!!!!” Sungmin’s mother yelled at him from behind. She stood at the door way “Don’t raise your voice to your father”

 

“You two should scold me because of all my acts in school. You should punish me. You should feel ashamed always getting called from school because of me. I really don’t understand you two” He’s gasping for breath. Finally he released his discontent toward his parent. People out there might be thinking of him as a spoiled child because his parent let him playing around as much as he wanted. Actually he didn’t care about people's thinking. Maybe people thought he did that because he needed his parent's attention (well... a part of it might be true), but actually he’s curious about something. His parent’s plan to him.

 

Lee family was a well respected family. Sungmin didn’t tell anyone, but actually his family owned a hotel chain which was one of the biggest ten hotel chain in Seoul. His family was very strict and conservative. They didn’t let Sungmin to be friend with ordinary people. Ever since he was only 3 years old, his parent already chocked him with various private lessons. He even learned about business management and politics when he’s still studying in middle school. They signed him to various activities too like horse riding, archery, tea ceremony, martial arts, and even became a personal butler. But strangely, they stopped giving him that such things and signed him to SMArt School. They let him doing what he wanted. That’s why Sungmin wondered whether their parent felt guilty of him (where he found it surely impossible) or they were starting to give up on him.

 

“What are you planning about me? Why I must get that much lessons and training yet in the end you signed me to an art school which I am not interested in art at all?” His eyes looked moist. His lip started trembling as he fought to not cry in front of his parent. His family was not a kind of expressive family who could tell such a warm word like ‘love’. Sungmin knew that his parent loved him even though he didn’t remember they ever said that but still he needed to hear that cheesy word and a simple action such as a hug.

 

He saw his father let out a long breath and put out his eyeglasses “Well, finally you realize it, Son. Yes, we have a plan for you. Minyoung, can you take him to his room and explain it all to him? It’s already late” he ordered his wife.

 

She nodded “Yes. Sungmin, come with me”.

 

After they entered sungmin’s room, without further ado he asked his mother. After his mother told him about their intention, he got shocked with what hejust heard. He knew that his family took a hold of Korean culture and tradition strongly but he really wanted to laugh out loud with how ridiculously the plan that his mother told him.

 

“Serving Cho Family’s son? Mother, it’s really ridiculous. How rich is that family so make us look like a poor family who need to raise a hand to get food?”

 

“Sungmin, manner! They are a descendant of royal family” his mother warned him.

 

“So what we are?”

 

“Originally Lee is Cho’s shadow. Since centuries ago, our Lee ancestor was determined to support royal family no matter what happen. Lee helped Cho to rule this kingdom from behind. We usually provide our bond by arranging marital relationship. Every generation in Lee Family usually have a daugther to be Cho’s family daughter in law. But this time, we don’t have a daughter. So one of Lee’s successor must serve one of Cho family’s son to be his partner in all his activities like personal advisor and business partner. SMAart School is owned by Cho’s. That’s why we signed you there.  He is still in China anyway, so take your time”

 

"It doesn't explain why you signed me in that school"

 

"That school will be yours one day"

 

Sungmin chuckled bitterly “So that’s why you let me playing around before entering that royal hell”

 

“Sungmin!” she said in a low voice but didn’t loose it's strength at all.

 

“Sorry, Mother” he said and bit his lower lip again. “What if I object it? I don’t want to be someone’s servant”

 

“You can’t. You are Lee’s pride. Lee family never ignore their principles. Beside, you will not become a servant. Sungjin is still too young to replace you too”

 

Sungmin shook his head quickly “No.. no.. no, Mother. Don’t let Sungjin do it. If I do this task, promise me don’t let Sungjin also takes this responsibility”

 

She leaned then Sungmin’s hair “No. Don’t worry my son. Lee family only send one of their children to help Cho family”

 

Sungmin lowered his head and went silent for a moment. He sighed in defeat for an instant when he heard his little brother name was mentioned by his mother. He wouldn’t let his lovely brother to spend his life to serve Cho family. I think I can do it. He thought. His mother cupped his cheeks and made their eyes met “Sungmin, I know we rarely say this especially your father but you have to know that we love you” she smiled at him.

 

He smiled back and nodded “Yes. Mother. I know” He leaned to hug his mother but sadly  the latter seemed not noticing him then turned around and left him to see her husband.

 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

End of Flashback

***************

 

Sungmin leaned to hug Eunhyuk who sat beside him and rested his head on his shoulder, making the younger a bit tensed for a second but became relaxed after that “Hmm... you smell good, Hyukkie”. The younger chuckled “Haha.. you’re weird Hyung. You know I am sweaty after that audition, right?”

 

...

 

hyung?”

 

“What?”

 

“Are you sure you don’t need my company?”

 

Sungmin yawned, arms still wrapping around Eunhyuk “I can take care of it. It seems fun. Beside I am curious about something”

 

“About what?”

 

Sungmin remembered his last dream again. He still didn’t understand why he got attracted by that song and let out tears when meeting the singer “That Heechul guy....”

 

Eunhyuk frowned “Don’t tell me you’re tempted to choose him as your new target to bully...”

 

Sungmin laughed suddenly and almost chocked “Hahaha... Am I  that bad?”

 

Eunhyuk nodded “Indeed... Call me if he tries to you or do something weird”

 

He lifted a brow “Why I have to call you instead of police?”

 

“I can run in a light speed”

 

“Hahahaha.....”

 

 

~~~*SJ*~~~

 

(cough)....(cough)...(cough).....

 

Counging sounds from Heechul echoed through M & D’s dorm suddenly because of choking his own saliva. “What happen, Hyung? You cough like a person who gets TBC ” Jungmo who sat on a sofa asked him. Heechul patted his own chest “I don’t know but I think someone talk bad about me”. Jungmo rolled his eyes “If people cough like that because of someone talk bad about them, you will cough like that every second and day”. Heechul threw a pillow straight to Jungmo's face “Do you mean a lot of people hate me? It’s not my fault that I am born pretty!!!”

 

“What...what... what? What are you two talking about while I am in shower? (seems fun) Let me join...” Donghae who just got out from bathroom came to approach them excitedly. The others only sighed seeing the youngest. Donghae who always loved to mingle other people's business, sat on the couch beside Heechul “Hyung, is your eye getting any better?”

 

“It’s not his eyes which have the problem now Hae, but his pride... hahaha...” Jungmo laughed recalling the last incident in their practice room.

 

“Shut up Momo!!!” Heechul glared at him

 

“But really, Hyung. Does he really not know M & D or  he is just your anti? But even your anti doesn’t dare to call you a transgender like that. Woah, he really haves some guts to say that. I think I will become his fan. He’s cute too”. 

 

Heechul hit Donghae’s shoulder repeatly “What the ?!! So you now become your Hyung’s enemy? I get it. I don’t love you anymore!!”

 

Donghae squealed  “Aauuww Hyung, It's hurt!! I was just kidding” he said while rubbing his sore shoulder. Heechul huffed “you deserve it!!”

 

“But Hyung, it’s really not like you. Why do you make him your personal assistant? You even extended it from two weeks to become a month. It’s not your usual way to punish people who pissed you up. You also didn’t like to get involved to anyone more than a week. So tell me, do you like him?” Donghae smirked at him. Heechul flicked Donghae’s forehead hard “Aaakh, Hyung!!!” then left them to his own room.

 

Donghae turned to Jungmo “Hyung, you also think that Chulie hyung like that cute guy, right?”. Jungmo shrugged “Don’t know. But he will come here tomorrow morning. This will be interesting. Donghae ah, shall we bet about this? We'll invite Jay Hyung too” he smirked and lifted eyebrows up and down. Donghae smirked back “That sound fun”

 

That night Heechul couldn’t sleep at all. He thought about Sungmin. He’s so curious why Sungmin resembled the woman who sometimes appeared in his dreams. Maybe their same face merely  a coincidence but his tears and his touch when it landed on his cheek were felt like he was facing that female alive. He chuckled a bit. Maybe I am the one who should ask you if you’re a transgender or not. He thought.

 

He closed his eyes. He recalled his last dream. It appeared like a mute movie. A woman who’s wearing hanbok1, tried to escape from some people grips who prevented her. She cried and wanted to reach someone's hand but couldn’t. Her lip motioned like she shouted ‘No!!!’ to him. Her face. It seemed like she had been going through so much. Heechul wanted to hold her hand and to comfort her. He wanted to rub her tears. He opened his eyes again “It’s impossible. He isn’t her. He is an brat...” he muttered as he remembered about Sungmin.

 

He let out a long breath and kept staring to the ceiling “Who the hell are you, Bunny Boy?”

 

~~~*SJ*~~~

 

Sungmin in his room was busy with his laptop. He searched about M & D and Heechul on internet. Not only from their fansite and also antisite. He already contacted M & D’s manager about Heechul personal schedule for one month. He pressed ctrl+P on his keyboard then his printer was starting to print a document which he had made 2 hours ago.

 

He took the papers, then stared at them with a content smile “Hmmm.... the Minnie-Minnie Strategy is done. This will gonna be fun.... kekekekekekeke....”

 

If anyone in the dorm was hearing Sungmin’s giggling sound like that, they would be so sure that the latter was ready with an evil plan.....

 

~~~*SJ*~~~

 

Meanwhile, someone arrived at Incheon airport from China after his private plane landed safely that night. A man who held a white board written his name came to approach his youngmaster and commanded his driver to bring his suitcases. He bowed to the young man before him.

 

“Welcome back to Korea, Mr.Cho“

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

 

 

1Hanbok : Korean traditional woman dress




Here new update for you ^^ (unbetaed). I am sorry there is no Queen Min and King Cho in this chapter. But present Kyuhyun has come ^^. I wanted to explore future character more. But next chapter will be past time again ^^. Please enjoy. About next chapter, I can’t promise to update next week because I am preparing to complete my admission to my new school that’s 600 miles away from home. I will update after I move safely to my new dorm and finish my placement test. See you in the first week of September ^^!!!

And welcome to new reader and commenter ^^. You’re my strength. Thank you so much.

Please COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE after reading and tell me what you think!!!