Leaving

He's a ert, and He Thinks I'm Gay

 

Author’s POV

 

 

“Hey, you’re up.”

 

“Oh my gosh, my precious son, you’re finally awake!”

 

“Yeah, that’s my boy.”

 

Three voices spoke at once making Luhan’s head throbbed in pain. When he opened his eyes, his vision was blurry, only managed to decipher three people looking down at him. He blinked excruciatingly and darkness threatened to consume him again. After a while, the grogginess subsided and he could see a little clearer now.

 

“How are you feeling?” a man, nearly half bald asked. His father. He remembered.

 

Luhan opened his mouth to talk but the oxygen mask obstructed his speech. Luhan tried lifting his hand up but he was too weak to do so. He could only blink. A lady beside him caught on his signal and pulled his oxygen mask off.

 

“Here, can you talk?” she said. She’s his mother. He remembered.

 

“Y-yeah.” Luhan said, without the supporting oxygen, his struggled hard to breath properly.

 

“Do you remember us?” she asked.

 

“Of course. Mom… Dad… and…”

 

They were looking at him earnestly, hoping he would remember and especially the young man there, who anticipated his answer. “Who are you?”

 

The sheer happiness that filled this room when Luhan woke up disappeared before it can even last for five minutes. His parents grew rigid and worried as they watch their son struggled to remember his best friend, Lay.

 

“I- I don’t remember.” Luhan’s head rang as he tried to remember the person in front of him.

 

“It’s okay, son. It’s just temporary memory loss. You’ll get back all your memories sooner than you know.” His father comforted. “And he’s Lay, your best friend. He saved you in time.”

 

“Lay…” Luhan parroted his dad, hoping that this name rings a bell in his mind. But only a sea of darkness appeared in his head. Nothing.

 

“It’s okay, like what your dad say, you’ll get all your memories back. Don’t worry that much.” Lay spoke.

 

Lay stood in a corner as he watch the three of them chatted. Soon, Luhan was too tired to continue and he went back to sleep. His parents were more than relieved that Luhan managed to survive this obstacle.

 

While they were outside, Mrs. Xi asked Lay, “Oh, where’s Eun Ji? I heard that she was hospitalized too.”

 

“I heard that she was in this hospital too, we should visit her before all of us leave for the States.” Mr. Xi added.

 

“You’re leaving?” Lay repeated.

 

“Yeah. We’ll be going to the best doctor in the US for Luhan’s treatment. We should be leaving in two days time when Luhan’s condition is a little more stable.” Mr. Xi said.

 

“But Luhan just needs more rest and he’ll be fine soon. He – “

 

“I don’t really trust the doctors here. Besides, they say it’ll take years for Luhan to recover if he stays here. However, if he go to the States, it’ll only take him around a year for him to recover.” Mrs. Xi said. Her voice softens as she adds. “Just take it as we’re going on a long holiday, Lay. I know it hurts to see your best friend go but I just want my son to be safe. Please do understand.”

 

“I understand, Mrs. Xi. Please go ahead on whatever you are doing.”

 

“Oh and a personal request, Lay. Please don’t tell anybody that Luhan had a memory loss or that he is very sick. I don’t want any rumors to spread while we’re gone. Please convey that to your father.” Mr. Xi said.

 

With a deep bow, Lay bowed. “I will. Have a safe trip, Mr. and Mrs. Xi. See you soon.” Lay greeted, knowing that this will be the last time he will see them before they leave. They smiled and return a small bow, forgetting about the first question that they asked.

 

“Oh and Eun Ji is in the room beside Luhan. She’s getting better you can visit her if you’re free –“ Lay lifted his head and found the Xi couple not in his sight anymore.

 

~

 

 

 

Eun Ji’s POV

 

 

The pain of losing Luhan jolted me up with a start. My entire body broke out in cold sweat, drenching the bed sheet. I was breathing heavily, hands shaking. The nightmare felt so real.

 

I lifted my hands to my eyes; it was wet – I had been crying in my sleep.

 

Oh gosh. I must be insane. I definitely don’t feel that way towards Luhan. As in he’d been better to me but still…

 

The moonlight streamed through the windows and I looked around, not surprised that I was still in the hospital. However, though, I was a little surprised that nobody came and visited me. How long have I been sleeping…?

 

My lips were parched and dry with water. Using the remote control, I turned the lights on and found a glass of water beside my bed. Thirstily, I gulped the entire glass down. Suddenly, the room door slid opened.

 

“Oh, Eun Ji-ssh! You’re awake! It’s about time!” an old doctor came in hurriedly, taking out his stethoscope and started examining me. His nurse came in after him

 

“How are you feeling sweetheart?”

 

I thought for a moment. “Urm, fine. Thanks.”

 

“We were kind of worried, you know. You’ve been sleeping for nearly a week. A shocker.” He wrote something furiously on his notepad as his nurse approached me with a thick- syringe. .

 

“What’s that?”

 

“It’s just a medicine. You have to take it before your deadly fever comes back. Now be good…” the nurse handed the crazy thing to the doctor and like a professional, he stabbed it right in my vein on my hand. It stung, but all right.

 

“It wasn’t so bad, isn’t it?” he said. The nurse put a plaster over the small wound and tucked me back to sleep. “We’ll be coming round to check you next morning. Rest well.”

 

“Yes, doctor.” I replied. “Oh and I’m still thirsty, mind to bring me a cup of water?” I requested.

 

“Sure. Now wait for the nurse. She’ll be back.” they exited my room. Silence enveloped me. I shut my eyes to sleep but no matter what, I still couldn’t. That nightmare was a little disturbing.

 

Scratch that.

 

It’s very disturbing.

 

I wonder how’s Luhan doing…

 

“Hey! Be careful of his head! Never mind I’ll push him out by myself.”

 

“Come on, dear. They are doctors, they can do this thing perfectly well.”

 

“No, it’ll be better if I do it by myself. Besides, our personal pilot is already waiting for us at the airport! We have to hurry!”

 

My eyebrows twitched. Why are they so noisy in the hospital? And where’s my drink!

 

“Mrs. Xi let us do it and please lower your volume down, other patients are sleeping.”

 

Mrs. Xi…?

 

“But Luhan… injured… US…”  I couldn’t catch on as the voices fade away. But I certainly caught on the name.

 

Luhan?

 

I sat up on my bed now, struggling to hear more. Just at that time, the door slid opened again and my eyes caught on the light brown hair person that was lying on the bed but was gone as the nurses pushed him away hurriedly.

 

“Eun Ji-sshi- I’d bought your –“

 

“Luhan, Luhan!” I pulled my covers off and plucked out the IV drip. The pain stung but I managed to endure as I staggered past the nurse and outside my room. Luhan, Luhan… Is that really you?

 

“Eun Ji-sshi! Where are you going?!”

 

It can’t be him. I was the one hospitalized, not him. Holding the wall for support, I dragged my legs forward. As I looked up, there was no one in sight, only the empty hallway of the hospital.

 

The ground closed in on me as I fell, headfirst. I heard the nurse screamed in shock and the shuffling of frantic shoes.

 

My eyes rolled back. Darkness. 

 

 

~

 

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait! I'm back! :) 
Man... it's getting a little dramatic here, isn't it. Oh well. Hope you enjoyed! 

 

Do comment, subsribe and upvote! :)