Zero

He's a ert, and He Thinks I'm Gay

 

Author’s POV

 

 

“Move it! MOVE!” Lay shouted at the guards and police who were blocking the area. Pandemonium broke out when they witnessed the chaebol, Luhan got stabbed and even rolled down the hill. The paramedics arrived a couple of minutes later and carefully lifted half-dead Luhan up on the stretcher.

 

When they reached the nearest hospital, Luhan was already at the brink of death. The blood gushed out of his wound until the nurses and doctors had trouble stopping the blood from flowing out.

 

“Lay-sshi. Please wait here while we operate on him.” The nurse placed her bloody hand on Lay’s chest, stopping him from going into the operation room. “Please pray hard though… there is a slight chance that he won’t be able to make it.”

 

Lay, stumbled back, his body shaking with cold sweat, his hands also stained with his best friend’s blood. “Please, Luhan. Please make it.” Lay collapsed on the cold hard ground and started to pray.

 

~

 

It has been nearly thirteen hours and Luhan was still undergoing the operation. His parents were also outside of the theatre, his mother crying her eyes out, terribly shaken by this incident.

 

“I shouldn’t have forced him to join this competition…” she sniffed, clutching onto her husband’s shirt. “I should’ve listened to him, for once! That poor boy!” she cried and cried until her voice was gone and she fainted from fatigue.

 

“Mrs. Xi!” Lay eyes widened when he saw her lying flat on Mr. Xi’s lap. “She needs some medical treatment – “

 

“Don’t bother. It’s just fatigue. Let her rest.” Mr. Xi cut him off tiredly. He sighed and smoothed his wife’s hair. “Luhan will make it, don’t worry.” He whispered to her.

 

“Shall I get some food for you both?” Lay offered, he, too, didn’t eat since the day before. He was famished but had no appetite at all. He wants to be the first to be there when Luhan wakes up.

 

Mr Xi smiled. “It’s okay, boy. We’ll survive.”

 

~

 

 

                                                                            

Another 12 hours passed. Mr Xi’s private secretary approached them with some bread and water to replenish their energy. Despite his constant protest, Lay in the end lost to Mr Xi’s secretary constant begging and eat.

 

It was 9 A.M in the morning and finally, the operation light dimmed down and the chief doctor came out of the room. He look as if he just came out of warzone, he looked as burnout as everyone here. Or maybe worse. However, the results of this operation was clearly displayed on his face before he could even announce it.

 

The operation was…

 

“The operation was successful.” The doctor announced, a tired smile spreading his face. Mr and Mrs. Xi were beyond relieve.

 

“Oh thank you doctor! Thank goodness! Can we see him now?” Mrs. Xi asked.

 

“No, I’m sorry but he’s still under special care even though he managed to survive. We have to watch him for a few days to see if there’s an infection on his wound. And, there might be chances that he lost will lose his memories. His head hit the part where his brain collects all information and stuff. So, there’s no guarantee that he will remember you all.” the doctor explained. Mrs. Xi stiffened.

 

“But, it there’s also a chance that he will remember. Just be prepared.” The doctor bowed to them and went into the operation room again.

 

“It’s okay.” Mrs. Xi tried to calm herself down. “As long as he’s alive, it’s okay.”

 

“It’s going to be all right. Our son is strong.” Mr. Xi joined in, comforting her.

 

~

 

Eun Ji’s POV

 

 

I had a dream while I was sleeping. I dreamt that Luhan was being so awkwardly kind and caring and sweet. In my dream, we were at the park and he was sharing a cup of my favourite ice cream with me.

 

“Say ahhh-“ Luhan scooped a huge chunk of ice cream on the spoon and tried feeding me. I giggled (what? Giggling? So not me) and opened my mouth wide while he feed me. The freezing sensation made me had chills all over. Awesome.

 

“Good girl.” He smiled and passed the spoon and cup to me. “Your turn to feed me.”

 

“Sure!” I scooped the ice cream up and started feeding him, nonstop.

 

“Eun Ji-ah, stop!” he was having brain freeze and held both hands up to his head, half laughing, half crying in pain. I chuckled at him being such a cutie. “Being a bad girl here, aren’t you?”

 

“Oppa you look so cute when you have brain freeze.” I coo-ed. “You should get more.”

 

“No way.” He laughed and tickled my sides, making me topple over the bench. However, my leg was caught in between the hole of the bench and pulled the entire bench down with me as I crashed on the ground. Horror filled me as I saw the bench crashing down on me.

 

“Watch out!” Luhan hurried covered me with his body as the entire solid bench landed on his back… and his head.

 

“Luhan! Luhan!” the weight of the bench and his body was heavier than I had expected but I managed to push the bench away.

 

“Argh…” Luhan groaned beside my ear. I couldn’t see his face but I felt his breath becoming shallow.

 

“Luhan! Are you all right? Don’t worry, I’ll help you up.” I fumbled under him, my leg still stuck in between the damn bench. I felt something hot and warm against my cheek while I was trying to release my leg from the bench.

 

With my free hand, I touched my cheek. It was blood.

 

Not mine but Luhan’s.

 

“Luhan!” I shouted, bringing my hand to his head and lifted him up. He was already unconscious and oh my gosh, he was bleeding profusely.

 

With a hard wrench, my leg twisted in pain as I release myself from the bench and helped Luhan down on my lap. I was on the verge of hysteria as I shook his shoulders, trying to wake him up. Tears streamed down my face as I yelled for help but nobody actually saw us.

 

I watched as Luhan’s breathing stopped, his chest unmoving.

 

~