Double the Trouble

He's a ert, and He Thinks I'm Gay

 

Author’s POV

 

“This is bad. It’s going to be 8 now and the new mission will be announced soon. And we still haven’t got ready to move. The game-masters are going to find us and eliminate us… Oh Eun Ji you’re so troublesome.” Miyeon paced around the tent and bit her fingernails.

She disliked Eun Ji from the start and now, she hates her even more. “Oppa! Can’t we just leave her alone and run?”

Luhan frowned as he changed a new towel for Eun Ji, placing it on her forehead. She was still burning and her fever hasn’t gone down. This is reallll bad.

“I think we’re going to forfeit this game.” He woke Daehyun up, who was having a nap after constantly taking care of Eun Ji the entire night. “Yah, wake up. We’re going out.”

Daehyun stirred awake and left the tent to pack up. Miyeon looked at them, horrified. “No! Oppa! Let’s just leave her alone. The game-masters will be here to pick her up anyway. I don’t want to lose.” She grumbled and whined, pulling Luhan’s sleeves, stopping him from going to pack his stuff.

Luhan glared at her. “Move away.” He snapped. “She’s dying and you want to leave her alone. You’re not a human.”

Miyeon blinked and let him go. Guilt washed over her. She hung her head low and grabbed her backpack.

“Take these. I’ll carry her behind my back.” Luhan passed his own back to Daehyun. He took it without any word.

But before carrying Eun Ji, he fished out his phone and called his bodyguards to bring an emergency helicopter here. He waited but nobody answered. “Argh. This bunch of useless idiots!” Luhan kicked the soil and ruffled his hair.

“There must be an exit here ‘cause this is a custom made forest.” Daehyun said as he carefully placed Eun Ji behind Luhan’s back.

“Yeah and I we have to run. There isn’t time.” He said, tucking his arms under Eun Ji’s thighs to support her.

*Eun Ji-ah… you better survive. I still have a lot of things to tell you.* Luhan plunged into the forest again.

 

~

 

It was already way past 8 and the sun hung high up in the sky. Eun Ji’s breathing was getting fainter and fainter by the minute. Time was running out and worst of all, there isn’t any announcement of the new mission. The devices wouldn’t even connect them to the principal.

Luhan placed Eun Ji down gently and took out his phone again. This time, he called Lay.

Within four rings, he answered. “Hello?”

“Lay! What the hell is happening to the games? Eun Ji is very sick I need you to send the helicopter here, NOW.” Luhan shouted into the phone. Daehyun was also shocked at his sudden outburst of authority.

“Luhan! I was trying to contact you the entire morning. The Principal got tricked and somebody is controlling the games. I found out that your personal guards and the patrolling game-masters fainted and were tied up in a place. I’ve already sent people over to deal with the situation! Try to hold on for another hour and I’ll be able to locate you!” Lay said and then the line went dead.

Luhan gritted his teeth and balled his fists. Who the hell is messing up the game?!

“What happened? Where are the game-masters?” Miyeon asked.

“Something big happened. Someone infiltrate the control room and knocked all the game-masters down. The Principal is in Seoul after some idiot told him that the school was on fire. We have an hour before the saving team comes.” Luhan said.

“Oh my gosh. Are you serious? What is wrong with them?!”

“I don’t know. But for now, we’ll keep going. We’re running out of water and Eun Ji needs to hydrate herself. We’re going to find water and also the other participants.”

Daehyun helped hurl Eun Ji up to Luhan’s back again and they trudged forward. Behind him, Eun Ji shifted and let out a sound.

“Sissy? You awake? How are you feeling?” Luhan asked.

“Hot…” she managed to say. “Water…”

Daehyun, walking beside her, passed her the last bottle of water for her to drink. She drank a few sips before lying her head back on Luhan’s shoulder.

“Luhan you stupid betrayer… Betrayed me and embarrass me in front of the entire school. I… will never forgive you…” She said drowsily. Luhan gave a tired smile.

“So you left because you thought I lied to you and betrayed you? Pabo.” He replied.

“….Kissed her… I saw it.” She said.

Luhan’s brows knitted. *Kissed? Who?* he thought and the memory surfaced in his brain. That night, he was supposed to meet Eun Ji but that Miyoung appeared and blatantly kissed him!

“It was an accident. I don’t even like her anymore.” Luhan said. He was well aware of how open the conversation was with two other pairs of ears listening. But he needed her to get distracted and not faint again.

“Liar.”

“It’s the truth, Jung Eun Ji.  Believe it or not I was sincerely waiting for you that night.” Luhan said.

Suddenly, their devices rang and Daehyun immediately answered.

“Well, well. How are you people doing? Look at you, Luhan. Carrying a girl. How pathetic. Remember me? I’m your best friend when we were young. But you didn’t want me after you found out that my father didn’t had a leg. You mocked my entire family and now I’m going to do the same to you. You’re dead, Luhan. Same to your fiancé. Nobody will be able to find you since I’ve locked all the exits. Not even the helicopter.”

Luhan was beyond furious. He felt the adrenaline pumped in his body and the rage overtake him. Lee Chihoon. He’s the guy that Luhan knew he was evil ever since young. Luhan had an eye for people. But sometimes his words can be a little straightforward and sometimes misleading.

Chihoon carried on talking. “Unless, you find me first. I’ll be in the forest. Goodluck guys. Best of luck, Lu…Han.” Chihoon started to laugh like a madman and the device died down. There is practically no way they can find him in this huge terrain.

Not when Luhan is carrying Eun Ji.

“ this. This is just !”

“You guys stay here. I’ll run as fast as I can to find him.” Daehyun said.

“No. He will kill you. He’s insane. I hope Lay has a backup plan…” Luhan muttered as he thinks of ideas. He craned his neck to check on Eun Ji but only to find her face grew paler and paler by the minute.

“There must be an emergency exit. The Principal is not that stupid not to install one.” Luhan placed Eun Ji down propped her head with one head while using the other to dab her lips with water. He checked her pulse – light and rapid.

“Exit or not. We’re going to try find it and knock the door down. This is a custom made forest. Therefore there must be a door out. I bet Lay and his goons are waiting for us. We need to hurry.” Luhan piggy backed Eun Ji again. “I don’t know if this is accurate but my instincts are telling me to go downhill.”

Daehyun picked up speed and ran alongside with Luhan, Miyeon trailing at the back. “Survival instincts are always accurate.”

 


 

 

A/N: Double updates! o:

Yeah, guys. I'm weird... D: but i think i just made a damnass mistake for this story and I'm not even sure if i should even continue. Arghhh *Sits in one corner and starts growing mushrooms.*

And it'll get even worse later on.... i think. But i try to make it uhm...less weird? Eheh. 
Don't bash me if it's bad T^T i tried my best to salvage this horrendous mindblock ! :D

Anyway! thank you for reading my story!!!

xoxo