Assembly Time!

He's a ert, and He Thinks I'm Gay

 

 

“Today, I want you all to train your abdomen, so each one of you shall do 20 sit-ups, 3 sets. For the guys, you do 5. Get to it now!” the dance teacher clapped his hands to hurry us up.

In just seconds, the students were into groups of two; the girls holding the guys feet.

Wow, that was darn fast.

“You first, or me?” Luhan appeared in front of me.

“Obviously I go first. You better hold my legs tight or I’ll accidentally kick you and your pretty face.” I spat and lay on my back, my hands placed across my chest.

With a smirk, he grasped my ankles tightly together and propped his head on my knees.

“Don’t get too close. I might headbutt you.” I hissed while using another hand to shoo him out. I was getting jittery all over. Why am I feeling like this?

“Okay, you may start now.” The dance teacher announced.

The students started to cheer for their own teammate while I watched their enthusiasm.

“Want me to cheer for you too? Go Eun –”

“Shut up. Just keep quiet.”

“If you say so.” He shrugged his shoulders while I took a couple of breaths to calm myself down.

When I think I’m ready, I went up.

It was a bad idea, no, horrible idea partnering him.

Whenever my chin touches my knees, Luhan would purposely inclined his head forward, making my nose brushed his.

My eyes narrowed to slits as I wrinkled my nose. I mouthed the word ‘stop’ a couple of times and he did oblige - but only at the last count.

“You idiot. If you dare kiss me, I’m going to scream . I don’t care whether you recognize me or not, but I do not and will not know or associate myself with you again.” I snarled and punched his chest.

He smiled and took his position while it was my turn to grasp his ankles. Hard.

The harder I held, the wider his smile. Screw that smile. When the whistle blew, his body suddenly shot up and our lips nearly, I repeat, nearly touched.

It was awfully close. As much as I want to taste those lips again, I refuse to. I inched away from him.

Everytime he went up, my heart thudded painfully. Now I get the meaning of so near yet so far. His eyes would gaze my and our forehead would graze every time he rose. The classroom seemed to fade away.

I searched his eyes  - those deep and dark eyes that I will never get bored looking at it. Something in his gaze beckoned me to go closer.

And I did.

It was the biggest mistake. Taking his chance, he tilted his head to the right and kissed me. It was rush and sudden but yet soft and sweet. All the good and bad memories from last year came back to me.

“Now, it’s confirm that you’re my fiancée.” He pulled back and whispered softly.

The kiss was so sweet that it made my head whirl until I heard somebody say ‘get a room.’

Realization hit me then.

Luhan freaking kissed me.

Where was the anger that I had for him? Where was it? I forced myself to block those cheesy thoughts and recall the times where he betrayed me. I was lucky that I could return to this school and pursue my dream as an artist, but it comes with a price; I also have to attend business school during weekends.

“You freaking jerk!” I pulled my hand back and punch him squarely on his face. Bewilderment painted his face as he massaged his already swollen eyes. Blue blacks formed at his eye bags.

“What the hell was that for?!” he squeaked.

“For betraying me you little bastard.” I dusted my hands and stood up. “See you later,” I held my head high and spun on my heels before heading out.

~

 

Author’s POV

 

Luhan rubbed his eye using a warm clothed egg while grumbling to himself. He was certain that Eun Ji was his fiancée but she came back with a different personality. Not like she didn’t grew less violent, just that her motive now was to hate him.

“Luhan dear, do you need some hot drink?” Ms Alice, the nurse asked sweetly. She had a very cute bubbly and motherly face and was loved by everybody in the school.

“No thanks, Ms Alice. I’m going off now. Thanks for you care.” Luhan bowed and left the room. He slid his shades on and mentally cursed himself for not dodging Eun Ji’s punch.

Now he had to suffer with this blue-black for at least 1 week.

It was time for afternoon assembly and he tried to find Eun Ji amongst the students crowding around the hall.

“Luhan! Who are you finding? Oh and nice shades…and beautiful eyes.” Xiu Min winked and chortled at Luhan.

“I will kill you someday.” Luhan glared at Xiu Min.

“Oopsie.” He puffed his cheeks out and giggled to himself again. Both of them went into the hall and took their seats, Luhan’s eyes still searching.

This was the first time in 2 months that the school held a mass gathering. Which means those from the business school were also invited for this assembly program. Thousands of students fitted nicely in the overly huge auditorium, catered specially for this assembly.

The lights suddenly dimmed dramatically and the Principal hopped on stage a wide and playful smile crested his face.

“Welcome, students from the Arts and Business section. This year, we’ll be holding a very special event. And it’ll be very exciting event for everyone of you.” He spoke and the audience shifted in their seats, anticipating.

“I’ve decided to call this event ‘The Survival Game’. I know you guys might have seen the movie ‘The Hunger Games, right? It’ll be like Hunger games, but you’ll definitely not going on rampant mode and chopping each other’s head off.” The crowd laughed and remained silent when the Principal waved his hand.

“Instead, it’ll be a couple team and the last one standing wins a 7 days cruise trip! Of course not all of you can join. We have to go through a round of selection first based on volunteerism and only 10 couples will be chosen for the game.”

He paused while the noise started to escalate. Luhan scoffed at the thought of entering or even watching the games.

On the other hand, Xiu Min is about to jump off his seat as he screamed at some girl to join the games with him.

Luhan rolled his eyes and face-palmed himself. Why is he acting like this?  Like a kid…

“Come on, partner up with me! We will do a lot of sweet things together…” Luhan heard Xiu Min say.

Sweet things together?

Which means they will have their own time for days and days.

Which also means…

A brilliant idea popped inside Luhan’s head. He grinned in satisfaction as he took the sign-up form from the teacher.

 

Your Name: Luhan
Partner’s Name: Jung Eun Ji

Team Name: y Couple

Why would the both of you join this game?

-Because we want to.
PS: both of our parents are willing to donate $$ if selected.

 

After he was done writing, Luhan folded the paper into two and dumped it inside the box where they collect the forms. Now, all he got to do is to sit back and wait till he and she got selected for the games.

It’ll be fun.

~

Eun Ji’s POV

 

*AHHH-CHOO*

I sniffed and blew the stuff that was inside my nose onto the tissue paper. This was the tenth time I’ve been sneezing my nose off. I washed my hands and wiped my nose.

After doing my big business for the entire assembly, now this. Such luck.

Camping in the toilet is not that bad after all.

Just then, my eye started to twitch. I think it’s bad luck.

I feel it.

Something big is going to happen to me.

Something big and bad.

~

 

A/N: Hello! Wanted to upload this like yesterday but the website crashed. 

So... Bad news...I will not be updating like frequently because starting from tomorrow I'm going to be mugging until my last paper which ends at 8 Nov. I'll try to update during the weekends though. 

Please don't kill me. ): I'll be sad. 

Anyway, please have patience with me! Thank you very much! :D 

~

PS: THE SIT-UP SCENE WAS INSPIRED BY SECRET GARDEN. MUAHAHA