Kyuwook

Super Junior's One Shot Wonderland [Requesting Closed]

Requested by: bubbleroses

Pairing: Kyuwook

Theme: Wookie on "Immortal Song 2"


My heart raced as I stood backstage.  The MC announced my name and the crowd went wild.  A faint smile flitted across my face as a few loud voices screamed,

"Saranghe Ryeowook-Oppa!"

The spotlight beamed toward me and I stepped out onto the stage.  You would think that by now, performing would be no big deal for me, but this particular instance was different.  I had to live up to the great expectations that had already been set before me.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.  The music began to play, and I started to sing, drowning out everything and just getting lost in the melody.  I held nothing back, and put every ounce of emotion I could possibly muster into the song.

I was the last member of Super Junior's sub-group K.R.Y. to perform on "Immortal Song" .  As Yesung, Kyuhyun and I were considered the "voice" of Super Junior, I felt the immense pressure to do well, and uphold Super Junior's reputation. 

What made the pressure on me worse, was that Yesung and Kyuhyun had both already had their spot on the popular singing show.  Both of them had won, and I knew the audience expected me to carrry on the Super Junior legacy and bring home another victory.

I hated the thought of people judging me.  As a member of Korea's biggest idol band, I was already faced with constant criticism on a daily basis. I could deal with the hateful comments on my appearance and actions, but the thought of being evaluated harshly on my singing skills unnerved me.

My voice was the one thing I was confident in, felt good about.  But I also knew that in comparison to Yesung or Kyuhyun's low, sensuous voices, I was often times overlooked or written off.  I may have been a good singer, but in my mind, there was no way I'd ever be as good and the other two.

I stepped off the stage, my heart beating dangerously fast, and my knees weak and shaky.  I tried to calm myself, but nothing seemed to work.  All my brain could focus on was the need to prove that I did have talent, and I was as good as the other members of K.R.Y.

My heart stopped, and I thought I would pass out when I survived the first cut.  I was so overwhelmed that I crouched down, trying to hide the tears that were welling in my eyes.  I managed to collect myself to hug and bow to my opponent, before quickly running backstage to cry.

I relaxed a little, enjoying the other performances.  I survived the next elimination, and I breathed a sigh of relief.  Trouble came in the third round.  My opponent sang beautifully, and I had the sinking feeling that my light would be the one extinguished.  Turns out I had a future in fortune telling because I was promptly eliminated.

I held in my tears and smiled brightly, knowing full well that my acting skills would fool everyone.  I hugged and congratulated the shocked girl, and hurried off the stage.  I took calming breaths, and returned back to the broadcast room.

I smiled and joked, was charming and cute, but inside I was falling apart.  I couldn't help but feel sick, like I had failed everyone... like I had failed myself.  Once filming wrapped, I loitered in the studio, not wanting to face the others when I returned.  I knew they would all be anxious, dying to know how I did.  My chest tightened as I imagined the disappointment in their eyes. 

I knew they would comfort me, assuring me that it meant nothing, but the pity would still be in their eyes.  I didn't think I could swallow it without falling apart.  I just needed some time to myself where I could brace myself for the torture that I would have to endure.  Smiling brightly, and pretending that I was okay when I really wasn't... I just wasn't.

A low, familiar voice rang out across the empty room, and I quickly put my happy mask into place before turming to face my visitor.

"Kyu!  You came!" 

I chirped, almost choking on the false excitement that colored my tone.  Kyuhyun stepped up to me and immediatley wrapped his long arms around me.  I forced a giggle, but stopped when he looked me in the eyes and said gently,

"Wookie stop.  I know, stop trying to hide it, I can see it.  I know you to well"

My smile wavered and I let out a shuddery sigh.  I knew my act could fool everyone, but not Kyuhyun, never Kyuhyun.  I hid my face in his chest and sobbed violently, my chest rattiling with the force of my tears.  He led me over to a chair and pulled me on to his lap, letting me curl up into a little ball as I continued to release my frustration, hurt, and disappointment.

He my back, occasionally whispereing words of comfort, and I appreciated his gentleness.  When I finally ran out of tears, and my sobs quieted to sniffles, he leaned down so his face was level to mine.  I tried to avoid his eyes, but he refused to let me.

"Kim Ryeowook, do you know how amazing you are?" 

I scoffed and tried to jerk my head away,

"I don't want your pity!" I spat.

He growled softly, but I refused to look up, not wanting to see his eyes.  He grabbed my chin and forced my face upwards, making it impossible to look away.

"You think I pity you?  Why should I?  If anything I'm jealous.  You sang your heart out, I know you moved the whole audience.  Hell!  I was even tearing up!   Do you know how talented you are?  You just naturally convey emotion and connect with your audience, can't you see how special that is.  So what if you didn't win!  No one will remember the winner, but everyone will remember Kim Ryeowook: the singer who made tears run down their face, and goosebumps to rise on their arms"

I searched his eyes but couldn't detect a single hint of pity or falsity.  His eyes glowed with the force of his conviction, and he looked at me with such confidence that I started to believe him.  Behind the certainty, I could easily see the deep love and pride in his eyes. 

He leaned down and kissed away the single tear that rolled down my face, and for that moment I felt like the most special person in the world.  He kissed my forehead, both my cheeks, and the tip of my nose before placing a feather-light kiss on my lips.

"You know, I came back here to congratulate you.  Honestly, it was beautiful.  If you had competed against me, you would have beat me hands down.  You were truly amazing"

Again, I could hear the honesty and total belief in his words, and I flushed slightly at his praise.  I snuggled into his chest and mumbled,

"Thank you... you have no idea how much I needed to hear that..."

He nudged me face up and kissed me again.  It was salty from the taste of my tears, but this simply accentuated the sweetness of the unconditional love that flowed from him to me.  We pulled away, and I gave my first real genuine smile since my loss.

He grinned back and whispered in my ear,

"Now that's wat I want to see, a real Kim Ryeowook smile" 

I smiled again, and gasped at the breathtaking smile that stretched across his handsome face.  He chuckled lovingly and cooed,

"Congratulations baby, you did us all proud"

 


Hope you guys liked this.  I wanted to wait to see actual result of the show before I posted this.  I gotta say, I totally cried when Wookie sang, it was so beautiful.

I know I'm biased, but I really thought he should have won.  The others were really good, but I could literally feel Wookie's passion and his emotions were so vivid.

Anyway, enough of my rambling!  Hope you liked this bubbleroses!

Thanks for reading! ^^