Chapter Eight

Can You Babysit My Heart?

 

Minho walked up to the girl. He was surprised when he received her text, telling him to come to her house. It was strange. He had only been there once before and that was last week when they shared an amazing night together. Why did he feel like everything was going to end here?

Taeyeon stood up from her chair and looked up at him. It was moments like this, he really wished she was taller because even though she was awfully short, he could tell just by the look she was giving him, this wasn’t going to end well.

“Minho-“

“Taeyeon noona, did I do something wrong?” He asked, quickly. He didn’t want this to end. He loved her so much.

She looked down at the ground for a moment before looking back at up at the younger male, “I can’t do this anymore. I’m leaving Seoul.”

“Why?”

“It doesn’t matter. I want you to be happy, alright? Forget about me and become an amazing man like I know you will,” she said, determination in her voice. She didn’t even waiver.

He reached out to her, but she pulled away. Why noona? He wanted to ask, but nothing was coming out anymore. She touched his face softly and pulled him down, pressing their lips together before pulling away. She gave him one last look before walking into the house.

Minho felt the ground was going to swallow him whole. He walked as if he was some zombie with no destination. Finally he collapsed on the ground, trying hard not to cry. Why?

 

 

“Hyung?”

Minho slowly opened his eyes to see Taemin staring down at him, “Good morning… you have work.”

 

 

After sending Taemin home and dropping Yoogeun off at daycare, he arrived at work more tired and exhausted than ever. He could already feel Soo Man’s anger before he even knew what it was about.

He walked into the office to find Jonghyun and Kibum already there. Kibum was standing up with his hands on his hips. Great, he thought as he walked inside. He bowed at Soo Man before taking a seat.

“Minho, do you have any idea what Kibum just asked of me?” Soo Man questioned.

Minho looked over at Kibum who had his usual smirk on his face. Obviously meaning Minho wasn’t going to like what Kibum had asked. “I don’t know, sir.”

Soo Man leaned back in his chair, shifting for Minho’s face to Kibum’s, “He asked for his promotions with Jonghyun to be pushed back until after your son, Yoogeun, is gone.”

“He did… did he?” he replied. He looked at Kibum and glared. The diva shrugged his shoulders, “There is no need for that sir. I am perfectly capable of handling the promotion as well as my son.”

The old man nodded his head. He heard Kibum scoff, but he continued anyways, “Jonghyun is a close personal friend of mine which makes Key is a very close friend as well as my idol. I will work hard not only for my son, but to make sure Jonghyun’s and Key’s collaboration is nothing but the best.”

Soo Man seemed to like what he was hearing, “Alright. I will give you a four day break. Will that be enough, Kibum? Or shall we take a look at your contract?”

“Whatever,” Kibum sighed, walking out of the office. Jonghyun stood up and bowed before taking his leave. Minho stood up to leave, but Soo Man stops him, “Don’t make me regret this, Minho.”

Minho nodded his head, “You won’t, sir,” he replied before leaving. He went to his office and Kibum was there with Jonghyun, “What kind of joke were you trying to pull? You could have gotten me fired, Key.”

Kibum rolled his eyes, “Oh my god, chill. If he fired you, I’d leave too, so would Jjongie, right love?”

Jonghyun nodded his head, “I mean, come on, you spend all day at work. You deserve to be with your son. You only have a few weeks left, bro.”

The older male took a seat at his desk and sighed. He ran a hand through his hair, “I know, I know… but what am I supposed to do? This is my career. I need this job.”

“I’m sorry, Minho,” Kibum said sincerely, “But you need to think about yourself first.”

“No, I’m thinking about Yoogeun first,” he retorted quickly.

 

 

Taemin returned back to Minho’s house a few hours later. He had showered and dealt with his parents about spending time with Minho and decided to just go over. He wasn’t in a mood for their lectures.

He decided to clean a bit since Minho was usually busy with work or Yoogeun and since Yoogeun was at daycare, Taemin could peacefully rummage through Minho’s things. The little boy was a tattle tale the last time he tried.

As he cleaned the house (or more like Minho’s room), he came across a small box covered in stickers. It obviously belonged to a girl. He picked it up and walked over to the bed, taking a seat. He wiped off some dust and read the name on top. Taeyeon, the name sounded familiar.

As he opened the box, on top was two pictures. One of Yoogeun with a really beautiful woman and another with the same woman and what was obviously Minho. He knew that face anywhere. He looked the same, possibly taller and more handsome now. He turned the picture over and read the back, Feburary 14th, 2008. Minho would have been 18 since his birthday was December, he thought to himself. It must have been his last year in high school.

He sat the pictures down before picking up the first letter. The date was March 28th, 2008. Why was she writing letters? Why wouldn’t she have texted him? He pushed the thought away as he looked through the box. They were all letters up until April 15th, 2012. That was two months ago. He looked at the name on the lid of the box again.

Taeyeon was Yoogeun’s mother!

“Why do you have these letters? None are even opened,” Taemin mumbled to himself. He knew better then to open a letter, but he couldn’t help himself. He wanted to know what she had been writing to him. He opened the first letter and read out loud to himself.

Dear Minho,

It has been about a week since I broke up with you. I hurt you badly, I know. I’m so sorry. I was scared that if you found out the truth, you’d leave me. I wouldn’t have been able to deal with that. I thought it would be better if I ended it with you first. The truth is… I’m pregnant.

I never plan on letting you read these letters, but I felt like I needed to let everything all out to you. That night was amazing and I wouldn’t have changed it for the world, but it seems like the world wanted to change it for us. I’m set to see the doctor in a few weeks. In three months, I’ll be able to find out the of the baby. I do plan on keeping it, which is why I left. You’re only in high school; you didn’t deserve to have a child so young. This is my adventure, Minho.

I’m alright. I will be alright, at least. Promise me to stay strong and love on. You’ll find someone better. I will always love you.

Love, Taeyeon’.

Taemin felt the tears rolling down his face as he read the letter. She broke up with Minho because she was pregnant. He wasn’t sure why, but he hated her for it. He hated her for leaving Minho and leaving him broken hearted. He hated her for dying and changing Minho’s life. She hated her because he knew he could never replace her for either Yoogeun or Minho.

Even though he knew how upset he was and how upset Minho was going to be with him, he kept reading. He kept crying through each letter. Taeyeon talked about how Yoogeun was developing and how hard it was for her to leave college, but how it was going to be worth it all. It was an adventure. She said that in everyone letter.

When he heard the door open and Yoogeun’s voice, he tried to clean up the mess of letters and ripped envelopes, but he gave up. He just kept crying.

He heard Minho walk into the room and call to him, “Taemin, what is wrong?”

Taemin lifted his hand, revealing the letter he had just finished. He saw Minho’s eyes widen and the older man stalked over, snatching the letter from him, “You read the letters?”

“Every single one,” he said, his voice was pitiful and anyone could tell her had been crying for a long time, “She really loved you… I can’t even compete with that… she carried your child after all… I can’t do that…”

Minho snatched up more letters and looked at them. Taemin had read every single one. He grabbed hold of the boy’s shirt and glared at him, “You had no right to do that!”

Taemin nodded his head, “I know… but I did… she loved you… she carried your child and lied about it… so you could be happy… she’s like an angel.”

“What is wrong with you, Taemin?” He glared, releasing the boy.

The boy’s head snapped in Minho’s direction. He pushed himself off the bed and looked up at Minho. It was just like Taeyeon used to do to him, but she wasn’t angry. Taemin was. “What is wrong with me?” He reached up and slapped Minho across the face. “I’ve spent the last four and a half years in love with you… I’ve wanted nothing but you… but you’re just so stupid! You make me actually think I have a chance with you, but you throw it back in my face! What do I have to do, Minho?! WHAT?!”

“Appa?”

The two glanced over at Yoogeun, but that didn’t faze Taemin. He looked at Minho, “What do I have to do?”

“Taemin, you’re eigh-“

Taemin shook his head, “Wrong answer,” he glared. He pushed past Minho and didn’t give Yoogeun a second glance as he walked out of the house, slamming the door.

The noise surprised Yoogeun and he started to cry. Minho quickly went over to Yoogeun and picked him up, bouncing the boy in his arms, “Shh, it’s alright… shhh.”

After calming Yoogeun down, the two laid on Minho’s bed. Yoogeun was cuddled up to Minho, slowly falling asleep while Minho read through the letters. He understood why Taemin had been so upset; at least, he thought he did. He came up to the last letter and smiled softly.

Dear Minho,

Have you been well? Yoogeun is turning five in three months. Can you believe it? He is so big now. Umma and I have been teaching him many things. He can count to thirty and he knows all the colors and letters. He loves the Power Rangers.

I’m fine as well. I’m studying. I was going to go back to school next semester. Umma said she’d help take care of Yoogeun, but I know she is growing older. She can’t handle it on her own. I plan on seeing you soon. I wanted you to know Yoogeun. I heard you’re some big shot manager. I’m so proud of you. I always knew you could do it.

I have to end the letter now. I just wanted to end it with this; It isn’t the end for you. It is the end of us – at least, it was the end of us those years ago. But you can still find someone and please do. I want you to be happy. Promise me, you’ll be happy?

I love you, Minho and always will.

Love, Taeyeon’.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author’s Note

Sad, sad, sad, sad. This was supposed to be a fluffy/funny fic, but it just keeps getting sadder. Now that I think about, the drama I based this off was REALLY sad. XD I miss that drama… it was good… ANYWAYS ENJOY :3

There will be about 12 chapters + a epilogue. Look forward to it! ^^

(I really don't like fics that go on and on with just a bunch of fillers chapters. They are boring. So yeah. :))

Trailer // Fanfiction Tumblr

Remember to comment and subscribe! :)

©sungyo2012