Chapter Two

Can You Babysit My Heart?

 

Minho wasn’t sure what time it was or where he was. After he got the phone call, he just started walking down the street, staring blankly into space. He had no idea what to do. Should he scream? Should he cry? He hadn’t seen Taeyeon in years. Did he even still love her?

 

“There was a car accident. She was heading home late after work. There was a drunk driver… there was nothing she could do.”

 

She had been so young, so beautiful when he met her. She was in college while he was in high school. They ran into each other at the coffee shop and it was a game of cat and mouse, both of them switching sides. Sometimes he’d follow her around and sometimes she’d follow him. Everyone always said they were going to get married and be happy forever, but they didn’t last forever. She left him alone.

 

Minho pushed his way past the door into the tiny café. It was a home-y type of café, usually used by tired college students. Sometimes high schoolers would find their way into its cozy arms. Jonghyun has asked Minho to pick him up some coffee before coming into school and since the café was on his way to school, he decided to do it.

He stepped in line and pushed his hands into his pockets. He was pretty sure he wasn’t going to be late. He was usually early to school; a minor detour shouldn’t have much of an impact.

“Excuse me?”

A soft voice called from behind him. He glanced over his shoulder and saw a short girl behind him. She was very adorable in Minho’s opinion. Her hair was a light auburn color in a perfect pony tail. She had shining eyes, a small nose and plump pink lips. She was beautiful.

“I’m really late… do you mind… if I um…,” she pressed a finger to her lips before looking at her watch, “Never mind…”

“No, no,” Minho said quickly, moving out of the way, “You can cut me.”

She smiled brightly at him and nodded her head, stepping where he was. He took her place and smiled at her. She returned the smile, “I’m Taeyeon.”

“Minho.”

 

“Minho!”

The male blinked his eyes a few times before looking behind him. He saw Jonghyun and Kibum, staring at him with worry. “Dude, what the hell? What happened?”

“She’s dead…”

Kibum’s eyes widened, “Who died? Gaga? Please lord, not Gaga.”

Minho would have laughed, but he couldn’t. He couldn’t even figure out what he was feeling, “Taeyeon…”

“Who’s Taeyeon?” Kibum questioned, though it was obvious he was relieved that his idol was still alive.

Jonghyun reached out and rubbed Minho’s arm, “His one and only ex-girlfriend… she dumped him in a heat of burning puppy love… Are you going to be okay?”

Minho looked at Jonghyun, “I… I don’t know… her mother invited me to her funeral this weekend… she had something else she needed to talk to me about… but she didn’t say what.”

Kibum looked at Minho sadly, “Do you want to talk about her?”

“… I think I do…”

 

Minho came back to the café that afternoon. He had been thinking about Taeyeon the whole day. He wanted to see her again. He looked around for any sign of her, but she wasn’t there. He walked up the cashier and asked about her. The cashier told her that she had just been there asking about HIM. He vowed he come back in the morning.

That next morning, he did just that. He woke up extra early so he could spend some time there. When he arrived, he found he was alone. He took his coffee and took a seat at a table, facing the door.

He waited for a long time before he realized if he didn’t leave then, he’d definitely be late for school. He said goodbye to the cashier and made his way for the door. He opened it and there she was, surprised to him.

“Minho… you’re here?” She mumbled.

Minho nodded his head, “Yeah… I was waiting for you, but I’m going to be late for school… Maybe next time.”

Taeyeon blushed a soft pink, “Yeah… how about today after you finish school? I spent all night working on thesis and I’m done… so I should be free.”

“I’ll try,” Minho replied, smiling at her. “See you.”

“Bye,” she said softly, watching him walk away.

 

“She sounds adorable,” Kibum said as he leaned back in his chair. They had made their way to Minho’s apartment. They were all sitting around the dining room table with glasses of wine.

Minho stared at his glass, “She was…”

 

Minho had arrived at the café again, but this time, Taeyeon was there waiting for him. He got himself a coffee, watching her from the corner of his eye. She was writing something on a piece of paper. She hadn’t noticed him yet.

He smiled to himself as he took a seat in front of her. She glanced up at him a second before looking down at the paper again. She kept writing for a few moments until she looked up at him surprised, “Minho?!”

“Hi. What are you writing?” Minho asked, leaning forward, trying to read the paper.

She quickly crumbled up the paper and pushed into the pocket of her hoodie, “Nothing… I’m glad you came…”

“I am too.”

 

“What happened next?” Kibum questioned, his eyes bright as he listened to the story. Jonghyun smiled softly, wrapping an arm around Kibum’s shoulder.

Minho smiled as well, but it was a sad smile, “We were inseparable… We weren’t exactly going out, but we weren’t exactly single either.”

“I was jealous of her for a while; stealing my best friend and all. But then I met her…,” Jonghyun said with a smile, “You couldn’t hate her.”

Kibum nodded his head, “Keep going.”

“Next time, Key…. I don’t want to think about this anymore,” Minho said softly, staring at the now empty glass of wine.

The singer sighed, but nodded his head, “Okay… we’ll see you later, Minho. Get some rest, okay?”

Minho nodded his head and bid the two goodbye. He went up to his room and walked into his closet. At the top there was a small blue box with a yellow ribbon around it. He pulled it down and opened it, revealing a small necklace. It was half a heart that said ‘ever’. He brushed his finger against it before placing it back in the box. He didn’t put it back on the shelf, but brought it over to his bed side table, laying it down.

He sat down on his bed and closed his eyes. He had loved her for so long. He was hurt when she dumped him, but he could never hate her for it. He knew she had a reason, though he had no idea what it was. He was happy he had known her all the same.

In a few days, he’d be traveling back to Incheon to say his final goodbyes. He wasn’t sure if he was ready to, but he was going to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author’s Note: Chapter two! This is sad to write since I love Taeyeon. She’s so purtttyful and adorables! Taemin should be back by chapter five! Don’t leave me just yet! This is a 2MIN story! Swear! :3

If you like Kim Jonghyun of SHINee, then go to this link: Here~

@MinAlly: If I get another complaint, I'll change the font, but I like it and it fits the story. But I think it is just your mobile, cause my moble it is weird too.

Remember to comment and subscribe! :)

©sungyo2o12