Chapter One

Can You Babysit My Heart?

 

The alarm rang, beating Minho’s head like a drum. He didn’t get much sleep last night. He had gone out with Kibum and Jonghyun that night, though he honestly wished he didn’t. They spent the whole time making out, making third-wheel Minho the awkward one out. He loved his friends, but sometimes he wished they could wait five minutes before eating each other’s faces off.

He pushed himself up on his elbow and glanced at the clock through hooded eyes. 7:30. He had an hour to get to work before he was late!

Minho jumped out of bed and quickly ran to the shower. He was sure he missed some places while he was washing himself, but at the moment, he couldn’t worry about that. He brushed his nappy, curly hair the best he could before brushing his teeth. He then grabbed some clothes (luckily he picked them out the night before) before running down his stairs.

Almost killing himself as he pulled on his pants while going down the stairs, he hauled into the kitchen, filling his coffee mug with old coffee, topping it off and running to the door. He pulled on his shirt and jacket and slipped into his shoes. He smiled at himself. He grabbed his keys and headed out of the door.

“Minho hyung! You’re late,” a voice called.

“Exactly. No time to talk, Taemin. See you later,” Minho said to his red headed neighbor as he headed to his car.

Taemin followed Minho to the car, a sly grin on his lips, “Don’t you want a goodbye kiss?”

Minho glared at the teenager, “Haven’t your parents told you not to offer things to strangers?”

The boy merely shrugged, “We could be more then strangers,” he offered, stepping closer to the older male.

“I’d rather not go to jail,” Minho said quickly, pushing the boy away and slipping into his car, quickly locking it before Taemin got it.

“I’m 18 now,” Taemin shot back with an angry pout.

“Goodbye, Taemin,” Minho called as he shifted his car in gear before taking off. He glanced back in his window to see Taemin waving at him. He shook his head, a smile on his lips. His neighbor was so annoying.

Minho moved into the house next door after his parents bought it for him as a graduation present (he had just graduated from high school and his parents wanted him to start college early, which he shared with Jonghyun until Jonghyun got famous). The boy became utterly obsessed with Minho. He wanted to know where he was going, who with, and why. Minho found it cute at first that a kid had a crush on him, but since the crush never went away – it got kind of obnoxious.

Taemin was a sweet kid, Minho thought; happy-go-lucky kind of kid. He loved dancing and video games and had a strange obsession with banana milk. As Minho watched his grow up, the boy got extremely beautiful. He started growing out his hair, trying new styles and hair colors. The boy currently had curly red hair. It fit him in Minho’s opinion.

The older male shook his head, taking the boy out of his head. He had to focus on his job. Kibum. He had no idea how he was going to deal with the diva’s demands. He loved Jonghyun. They had been best friends since diapers, but his boyfriend was a nutcase. He honestly did love Kibum. He was funny and talented, but he had a mouth and a sarcastic wit you couldn’t even touch with a bat and when he was angry, you knew to steer clear.

It was Minho’s fault really. He agreed to be Kibum’s manager, though honestly, Minho was the only one who could deal with Kibum’s attitude. Since Minho finished college early, he was able to join the work force quickly (he also had his father’s connections). Kibum needed a manager who could deal with him and Minho was the guy. Since Minho was Jonghyun’s best friend, Kibum snatched him up quickly.

Minho arrived and made his way to his office where Kibum was waiting, his legs crossed. He took a deep breath before walking over and setting his bag down, “What is wrong, Key?”

Kibum tapped his fingers on his hands as he looked up at Minho with his feline eyes. Kibum was definitely beautiful. He was thin, but tall. He was a pretty face, but had a sharp attitude. He wasn’t going to let anyone tear him down. He would say what was on his mind and he wouldn’t care what anyone said about him. He was Kim Kibum, why should he care?

“The fact the director of my music video is incompetent,” Kibum pointed out with a sigh, “The ‘story’ for the music video doesn’t make sense. The song is about losing love, so in the video someone should either be dead or the couple should be broken up – not getting ice cream. And Gaga please tell me, why is there a girl?”

Minho took a seat at his desk and rubbed his temple, “Because some people are still uncomfortable with you being gay. Just be glad you still have a career. About the video, I’ll talk to the director.”

Kibum rolled his eyes as stood up, “What would I do without you?”

“Nothing. Go away now,” Minho said, waving his hand at the singer. Kibum glared at it, but let himself out. Minho sat back in his seat and took a deep breath. How the hell he survived was behind him.

“Minho! I need your help,” Jonghyun said as he walked into the room.

Minho chuckled humorlessly under his breath as he looked at the other; his best friend, Kim Jonghyun. Jonghyun was much shorter then Minho and his boyfriend, but he made up for it in muscle. They often said he looked like a dinosaur or a puppy, not that Jonghyun helped with his adorable antics and zaniness. He was extremely attractive and very talented. When they were high school, Jonghyun was scouted to join SM Entertainment (where he still works alongside Kibum).

The younger male smiled at his friend, “What happened now?”

“I have no schedules. This would usually bother me, but after Star Golden Bell when everyone made fun of me for not having one, I got worried. Get me schedules,” Jonghyun ordered as he sat in front of Minho’s desk.

Minho raised an eyebrow, “I’m not your agent, remember?”

“Yeah, I wanted to talk about that with you. Why can’t you be my manager and Key’s?” Jonghyun questioned, picking up Minho’s cow paper weight.

The taller male snatched it away from Jonghyun and sat it back, “Because I like having a life.”

Jonghyun stared at the other for a moment and Minho stared back. The singer grinned at his friend, “When you get a boyfriend, we’ll see.”

“I never said I was gay,” Minho said as he sat back in his chair.

“Yeah, but I’ve known you. You’ve only ever dated one girl and she dumped you. Not that Taeyeon wasn’t an amazing chick – except the fact she dumped you, but you’ve never really liked any other girl before,” Jonghyun pointed out with a smile, “Sure, I am biased seeing as how I am in a committed relationship with Key, but I’ve seen you with dudes. You have more fun.”

Minho rolled his eyes as he looked at his computer, checking his emails, “Yeah, yeah. You can go now. Also, you have a schedule on Star King tomorrow.”

“You da man!” Jonghyun said in English with a grin before walking out of the room.

“Loser,” Minho sighed as he sat back in his chair. He stared at the ceiling in thought. Taeyeon… he hadn’t thought about her in years. He wondered how she was doing. She really was the last and only girl he ever liked. He really started dating her because he was scared that he was gay. His parents didn’t like Jonghyun much when he came out. The only reason they let Minho stay friends with him is because they couldn’t bear losing their son.

Minho yawned and looked out the window to the view of Seoul. It was a cloudy day. He never liked cloudy days. It always seemed like he found out bad news on cloudy days. It was a cloudy day when Taeyeon dumped him. He shook that thought away. He didn’t like thinking about her.

 

 

After a long day of dealing with Kibum’s complaining and Jonghyun’s comments about his love life, he was finally free to go home - at least for a few moments.

“Minho, let’s go eat,” Jonghyun called after his friend.

Minho inwardly groaned. He loved Jonghyun to death, but sometimes he wanted to punch him in the face, “I have shows recorded… I’ve wanted to watch them for days…”

“Remember that thing we talked about… your life… get one,” Jonghyun said with grin.

Kibum walked up behind Jonghyun and wrapped an arm around the shorter boy’s waist, “And maybe Jonghyun can get you a boyfriend.”

Minho shook his head, “Why do you all just assume I’m gay?”

“Cause you are,” Jonghyun said in a matter-of-fact tone, “Let’s go, sasquatch!”

“I hope you choke,” Minho mumbled under his breath. He ignored Jonghyun’s very disturbing comment about his life with Kibum. There were some things, he never wanted to know.

 

 

Dinner was usually a lot better than going to clubs or hanging out at places with the couple. They spent their time eating and talking and less time face. Minho chimed in whenever they demanded his attention, but he just listened to them and smiled.

Jonghyun and Kibum were a strange couple. They actually acted like a married couple. They’d fight and bicker, but by the end of the night, they just remembered how much they loved each other. Minho sometimes got jealous of their relationship, but he was truly happy for them. He only wanted the best for them both.

“Minho.”

“Hmm?” Minho was pulled from his thoughts when he heard Kibum’s voice.

Kibum smiled softly, “Your phone.”

Minho pulled out his phone and stared at the unknown number, “Oh, I’ll be right back,” he smiled before walking out of the restaurant. He answered his phone, “Hello, Choi Minho, manager for Almighty Key. How can I help you?”

“Hello? Minho?”

“Yes,” he replied. The voice sounded like an old woman.

“You don’t remember me… I’m Taeyeon’s mother,” the woman replied.

Minho’s eyes widened slightly, “Oh, ahjumma… hello. Is something wrong?”

The woman didn’t reply right away, but there was a soft sniffling sound like she was crying. He suddenly became worried, “Hello? Ahjumma?”

“Oh, I’m sorry, dear… Taeyeon… she’s dead…”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Author’s Note: After watching Salamander Guru with Taeyeon, I instantly fell for Minyeon! I think Taeyeon is the most adorable member of SNSD (also Sunny. Adorables >w<). Plus in Hello Baby, she really did like Yoogeun. If you don’t like this pairing… well, she’s dead… so… There will be flashbacks though.

I based this off of ARASHI’s Masaki Aiba’s drama ‘My Girl’, where he takes care of his ex-girlfriend’s (and his) daughter. It is the sweetest and saddest drama ever. If you love children and a cute, dorky Japanese man, enjoy ‘My Girl!’

Remember to comment and subscribe! :)

©sungyo2o12