I, Lee Taemin/ Choi Minho

You made me change for the better

 

Key opened his eyes and looked around, he found himself in an unfamiliar room and was about to sit up when he felt sharp pains on his lower back. Key screamed out and fell back onto the bed, he heard a noise to his left and saw Jonghyun sitting on the chair, and he looked so weary, as if he hadn’t slept in a while.

“Key...I’m so sorry, I never knew how much I had hurt you, please forgive me!” Jonghyun looked down at his hands and began to cry. Key sighed, he was in pain, but he couldn’t blame Jonghyun for the entire thing. He touched Jonghyun’s face and wiped away the tears, Jonghyun looked up and placed his head on Key’s chest, he held onto his shirt and continued to softly cry. Key quietly his hair, murmuring to him that it’s all right and it doesn’t hurt too much.

“The doctor said that you will have to stay in bed for at least a week, for this week, I will become your slave. Just tell me what you want and I’ll immediately do it for you, no questions asked!” Jonghyun looked at Key with his puppy eyes, it was something that made Key’s heart melt and he couldn’t help but send him one of his warmest smiles. Jonghyun grinned and kissed him on the forehead, making Key blush. At this moment, Taemin and Minho enter the room.

“UMMA, YOU’RE AWAKE!!” Taemin was about to jump on the bed if it wasn’t for Minho that held him back. Taemin pouted but relaxed into Minho’s arms, smiling as he cuddled deeper into Minho’s chest.

“Are you in pain, umma?” Key shook his head, it must be the painkillers the doctor gave him, and he only felt a dull throb, but nothing too bad. He had to remember not to move too much, as directed by the doctor. Minho held Taemin’s hand and moved closer to Key’s bed so Taemin could hug him.

“Umma! I didn’t know you were in so much pain, and w-when you ran to the washroom, it must’ve hurt s-so much” Taemin whimpered as he laid his head on Key’s chest who was his cheek. Key looked at Minho.

“Did Taebaby stay here all night?” Minho shook his head.

“He wanted to, but I told him his umma wouldn’t like him doing that, so that’s when he decided to sleep in bed, he came early this morning, we left to get some food just before you woke up” Key nodded, he thanked Minho for taking care of his baby. He wasn’t as bad as he thought he was, at least he now knows that if anything happens to him, there will be someone to take care of him.

“How do you feel Key? The doctor said that you lost quite a bit of blood so you will feel weak for a bit. Let us know if you need anything” Minho touched his arm; Key smiled but said it was no need. Minho must’ve looked somewhat hurt since Key immediately explained himself.

“Jonghyun said he will become my personal slave so I don’t think I will need your help” Minho laughed as Jonghyun shot him a glare, but right away his face broke into a smile when Key grabbed his hand.

“Jongie! I know I’m supposed to stay in bed, but can’t I do that at home? I don’t like hospitals, I feel better in my own bed” Key pouted, Jonghyun wanted to pick Key up and go home right way, but without the doctor’s approval, nothing could be done.

“Actually you can, as long as you promise to not move so much and stay in bed, then you can go home” everyone looked towards the door, the doctor was standing there with the report in his hands.

“Mr. Kim’s condition is not too bad, with the right amount of rest and less movement, he should be able to get discharged and go back home. If someone could please fill in the paperworks and then Mr. Kim can leave” the doctor left with Jonghyun following him to fill in the papers. Key was squealing in joy, he never really liked hospitals. Taemin stayed by Key’s side while Minho went to fetch some water for Key, it was when he was almost near the entrance of the room that he heard them having a somewhat serious talk.

“Taebaby, have you ever thought of forming a family with Minho? I know it’s not possible to get pregnant, but adoption is an option. Have you ever thought about it?” Minho held his breath, he had thought about it but never discussed it with Taemin, and he waited for Taemin’s answer that he forgot that he was holding his breath.

“I have thought about it. I have always wanted a little boy, but I wasn’t sure what Minho would think. I don’t want to rush him or seem too desperate. I consider myself really lucky. Minho could’ve fallen in love with a normal girl who could get pregnant and give him a child that’s his own flesh and blood. Sometimes I’m afraid that Minho would think that way and leave me” Taemin’s voice cracked at the end of the sentence; Minho gripped the bottle of water that he was holding. Never had he once thought that way, he considered Taemin a gift from heaven for him. To him, Taemin was an angel sent from heaven.

“You should tell him that, Taebaby. He has the right to know how you feel. If you have all these insecurities about your relationships, keeping it to yourself is not going to help, talking with each other and fixing them is what makes a relationship everlasting” Minho listened for Taemin’s response but didn’t receive any, so he decided to walk in. Just as he walked through the door, he saw Taemin standing there, with tears in flowing down his face. He pushed Minho aside and ran out; Minho looked at Key, confused.

“What are you still standing there for? Run after him!” Key yelled as Minho dropped the water bottle and bolted out the door, chased after Taemin. Jonghyun walked back into the room a few seconds and almost slipped on the broken water bottle. He looked up and saw Key smiling to himself.

“What are you so happy about, yeobo?” Jonghyun went forward and told Key to shift to the side a bit so he could lie down on the bed also.

“Nothing, just about Taemin and Minho’s relationship, I think something good is going to happen very soon” Key smiled as he kissed Jonghyun’s cheek and rested his head on the crook of his neck.

 

Minho ran and ran, trying to find where Taemin had run off to, it wasn’t until he stopped for a second that he realized where Taemin might be. Minho ran to the nursery and saw Taemin standing in front of it, looking at the babies. Minho slowly walked up to Taemin and wrapped his arms around his waist, only to have to thrown away from him.

“I want you to answer me honestly, Minho. Have you ever regret being with me? Look me in the eye and answer me” Minho looked into Taemin’s eyes and found them watering, he wiped them away with his thumb as he cupped Taemin’s face and gave him a soft peck.

“No, I never regret being with you. You were the best thing that happened to me” Taemin didn’t say anything; he turned back to the babies and proceeded to ask more questions.

“Have you ever thought about being with a girl, and then forming a nice little family?” Minho knew what Taemin was thinking; he thought he wasn’t good enough since he couldn’t give birth to Minho’s baby.

“I did” Taemin gasped, so Minho did mind him not being able to give birth. Taemin was about to run away again but Minho grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a hug, Taemin fought and tried to escape but Minho held him tighter.

“Listen to what I have to say, Taemin. I did...before. Before I asked you to marry me, before I fell in love with you, before I met you. When I was with you, I knew that all of that didn’t matter anymore. As long as you were by my side, everything was perfect. As Key said, adoption is another option; the child will still be our love child. He will call us umma and appa and we will love him as our own” Taemin sniffled; he buried his head into Minho’s shoulder and wrapped his arms around his waist.

“Why do you keep saying ‘him’? You want a little boy?” Minho chuckled, Taemin is sometimes so forgetful.

“Didn’t you tell Key that you want a boy? Then of course I will keep on saying ‘him’. I can see it now, our little boy will be spoiled rotten by me, while you’re the umma who will be the one to discipline him, but I don’t see how you can since you’re like a child yourself” Minho chuckled as Taemin smacked him and gave him a look.

“Right now, I just want to get married as soon as possible so we could adopt a baby of our own” Minho’s eyes sparkled, he had a plan but he wasn’t sure whether Taemin would like it or not.

“Why don’t we get married today, Minnie? If you don’t mind holding a reception later, we could go do the paperworks now” Taemin wanted to, but they didn’t have wedding rings with them.

“But we don’t have any rings with us, we only have the engagement rings that we’re wear-“Taemin’s sentence was cut short when Minho kissed him and took his breath away. Minho dug inside his pocket and took out a box, he opened it and inside was a pair of wedding rings, and they were simple but more elegant than the engagement rings. On the band, there were words engraved on it. Forever Yours. Taemin gasped, they were ready.

“I, Choi Minho, take you, Lee Taemin, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part” Minho slipped the ring onto Taemin’s finger and looked into his eyes. It was Taemin’s turn.

“I, Lee Taemin, take you, Choi Minho, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have to and hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part” Taemin slipped the ring onto Minho’s finger and looked into his eyes.

“You have declared your consent before the Church. May the Lord in goodness strengthen your consent and fill you both with his blessings. That God has joined, men must not divide. Amen” Minho and Taemin shared a kiss before leaving the church, it was hard finding a church that was willing to do the service in such a short notice, but when there’s a will, there’s a way. They left the church after thanking the priest and went back to the hospital as a married couple and they have the papers to prove it. 

 

A/N 

My eyes teared up when I wrote this chapter. I hoped you liked it you :)